2007 Toyota Avalon

22 city / 31 hwy

Overall

Excellent car

by Susan from Carmel | September 24, 2013

I am totally satisfied with this vehicle it drives beautifully,as though it was brand new, I am also pleased with the dealer, they were terrific to do business with

Best car ever

by Steve from | August 17, 2013

I bought a 2007 Avalon for my wife in 2009 and we still have it. This car is awesome for us. It may lack Aux input and it does have a cassette tape player, but other than that it is the same as a 2013 model. I did a side by side comparison with the 2013 model and it came out ahead of the 2013 in many categories. This car rides like it is on a cloud and the stereo is awesome. This car does not have a sports car ride as far as handling (not stiff), but the comfort is unmatched even in more pricier cars. This is the most comfortable car we have ever had and look forward to many more payment free years with it.

Big MPG in a BIG car!

by Smoothidle from Oviedo, Florida | January 9, 2013

Coming from Acura CL and before that Honda Accord Cpe, going to this car was a big change. I needed space in the rear. The coupes had really nice front seat areas, but the back was not so good. I researched cars with large back seats. Several cars were commonly recommended online: Avalon, Azera, Grand Marquis. The Grand Marquis was relatively old architecture and pretty heavy. Mileage around town..not so good, but probably the quietest car on the highway. Azera seemed like it was a little small and the selection in the used market was pretty bad. Avalon seemed to provide the best value, the best mpg, the most room in the back, and was great driving. This is a long car more than a wide car. The wheelbase is longer than a midsized car, so its not like driving a midsized car around corners and such. All in all, I think the Avalon proves to be a great decision for someone wanting a larger interior without a larger gas bill. My Avalon avg's about 22 in town and 29 on the highway. I needed to improve my backseat situation so I bought this car. The legroom in the back seems like it is way more than you will ever need. The seat has some division in it, but its not bumpy going across. You could lay across the back seat without obstruction. Easy three adults across the back. So far have put 12k miles on and everything has been consistent. Ride pleasure, MPG, integrity. No problems.

Met expectations but?

by denver88 from denver, co | August 26, 2012

Bought my first used csr in 25 years, wanted an Avalon, the car interior design is mostly much above average, the placement of the cigarette lighters used for powering devices is a bit awkward, could use one for back seat, this is the limited edition so many upgrades, irritating humm in transmission, engine has good power and shifting is clean, get a low mileage car, get it toyota certified to 100,000 and drive worry free, the paint appears to chip easily, overall very pleased with this car

spacious family car

by Toyota Tony from Des Moines, Ia | May 7, 2012

Fantastic car, like a Lexus with Lexus like features, the laser cruise control doesn't work in direct sun light and thats the only cruise control the car has, but when it works out of the sun light it works nicely, but do not think it is very economical in or around traffic. Bought an 2007 Toyota Avalon Limited which is what i recommend especially if you don't want to pay for a Lexus

Bad car, bad service, bad factory rep response

by No longer a toyota owner from Holland Michigan | December 5, 2011

I purchased this car (CERTIFIED) from a toyota Dealer, (a customer loaner) with 7,000 miles on it and a 100,000 mile warrantee. It developed an piston slap at 32,000 mile that got increasingly worse. 2 seperate dealers told me that the piston slap was "normal" and the factory rep would not even consider looking at it. claimed "some piston slap is normal, and they all do that". Sold it to the Toyota dealer at 88,000 miles, (I couldn't take the noise) and they have it on the lot -- Yes piston slap and all. DON'T BUY ONE OF THESE CARS - dealer service as well as factory support SUCKS!!!

Best Car I have ever had

by Toyota Lover from Oklahoma City, OK | October 5, 2011

I have owned my Avalon for three years now. I use it as my commuter car when driving to location. I put approx 2500 to 3000 miles per month on my Avalon. I have NEVER had any problem with my car, and have just over 138K on it now. This is by far the best car I have ever owned. Being that I am only 32 years old, I was shocked to find out that this is considered a retirement car. It is fast, fun, comfortable, has good lines, has room for the entire family, and I can drive around Executives in style. I plan on putting at least 300K on this car before I trade it in on a new one. No hesitation, hands down, the best most well rounded car I have ever driven.

Everything I expected

by joey158 from Bowie, MD | July 13, 2011

2 friends each had one. Liked what I saw and felt. My Lincoln LS was far too expensive to maintain any longer. No brainer, really! Recommend highly.

Most comfortable ride

by Proudmomma1699 from Natchez,MS | May 23, 2011

I have to admit that this car is as cozy and Comfy as riding in a limo. I traded my 04 Nissan maxima of 7 yrs that I purchased new and it was a fun and stiff ride but compared to the Avalon it's OMG!!!! I now know what I've been missing. This car is roomy and shifts out fine to me. I didn't have to sacrifice giving up the Max for speed because the Avalon LTD has it. I do hear some wind noise at times but oh well, what is a perfect car? I think I made a wise choice for the blizzard pearl color car with low mileage and well kept. I have enough space between the car seat and my seat so the little one can't kick the back of the seat. Everyone thinks this car is new and I have to admit that it is a beauty with a nice smooth ride and easy handling. I'm just glad I didn't purchase the STS for this as I think I've got the best bang for my buck because of the room and lowered insurance premiums!!! My Avalon is hot with quality interior and added wood grain, the nav is not so hot tho.

almost perfect car

by buckeyebob from Westerville,Ohio | February 25, 2011

I have owned 3 Avolons over the years and love 99% of the car in all aspects. One small problem with my 2007 XLS and thats stopping the car. This car is built on a GS430 FRAME . The brakes are not ''big'' enough to stop this car for the size and weight. You have to put some extra effort on the brake petel to stop this car.