2008 Toyota Avalon

19 city / 28 hwy

Overall

6 months owned with 80000 miles

by CJ from ocean county, NJ | July 16, 2015

Bought the 2008 Avalon xls with 75000 miles in Jan 2015 and have put on 8000 miles in 6 months. Drive 70 mile a day to and from work and get 26 mpg on average. I have nicknamed this car the LIMO because of all the room. Great performance, comfort and reliability. Last Toyota lasted 260000 expect the same or more from the LIMO.

Best value in 45 years of ownership

by Roadrunner from Newark, DE | April 11, 2015

I purshased my 2008 Avalon in 2011 with 45,000 miles on the odometer. It was my first Toyota product and the first in my family. We now have 8 toyotas from the same dealership. My Avalon has 185,000 miles on it today with nothing more than routine maintenance. My dealer is the only shop that has ever worked on the vehicle. It's still getting 30 mpg highway. It is running so fine that my new goal is 250,000 miles. It has leather interior in which the driver seat is hardly showing any wear and the other seats look brand new. I truly recommend this car for its overall reliablity, low maintenance cost and comfort

Very comfortable and reliable car that I have owne

by Drew from Cedarburg, Wisconsin | September 19, 2014

I love this car. I have over 90K miles on it. It continues to look good and interior is great and looks new. The only other car that could compare it to was a Cadillac STS that I owned for a couple of years. I would recommend this car to family, friends, or associates.

the best car to anyone who buys it

by Andrew from iraq, erbil | August 1, 2014

It is a very perfect car because it is roomy,fuel friendly,and high tech car our 2011 avalon has backup camera,front side and rear side sensors,smart entry without pressing buttons of the keys, open the trunk by pressing a special button,our last 2012 avalon can store 6 discs at a time it has navigation usb player as our 2011 avalon has the same feature,and people,buy this car for your best lives

Hope second Avalon is as remarkable as the first

by 2008 Avalon from Westlake, OH | June 24, 2014

Purchased the 2008 Avalon after having a 1997 that is still going after 200k miles. I find the Avalon to be well made, a comfortable and quiet drive, and stylish. The only design flaw I would change is the location of the plugs for the iPod and GPS. In this model, they are in the middle compartment which leaves cords stretching and hanging. They should be closer to (or on) the dash ... maybe they are on newer models. Gas mileage for this size vehicle is good.

Worst car I've ever driven

by New Car Smell from Orange, Ca | April 8, 2014

I used to like Toyota's, but the quality on them in the last few years has been utter garbage. They're just cashing in on their reputation at this point. Steer clear of new Toyota models. You're in for disappointment once you hit 10k miles. Everything starts to fall apart. Mike-

Quality of more expensive cars

by bear from Missouri | March 31, 2014

Great car. May turn out to be the best overall car I have ever owned. From Fords Olds Cadillac Bmw Nissan Maxima

crash

by bigdaddy from Virginia Beach, VA | March 26, 2013

was recently in a major accident in my Avalon. I T-boned another vehicle that was out of control at highway speeds. My airbags deployed and the vehicle withstood the accident and most importantly, my family was safe. I believe my Avalon will be totaled because of the accident. I will replace this Avalon with another one. It is a great automobile, 30+ mpg highway, very comfortable, and very safe. I recommend Toyota without hesitation.

Works for Me!

by Lar from Granger, IN | March 16, 2013

It's a comfortable ride with the backseat room for adults of all sizes. I don't have to worry about people not being able to climb up into or get in through narrow doors.

Good But Not Great

by Bello from Phoenix AZ | October 10, 2012

I have to agree with other reviewers with respect to comfort and driveability. However, the brake rotors have had to be turned twice due to warping. I only have 55 K and I am not a leadfoot or hard braking driver. In talking with other Avalon owners, they also had to turn rotors. One owner has had them turned three times in 95 K. I emailed Toyota and they send a response that tells me to drive more slowly, coast to stop lights, gear down more, etc. In other words, they do not see a problem. It will be my last Toyota.