2010 Toyota Avalon

Available in 3 styles:  2010 Toyota Avalon 4dr Sedan shown

19 city / 28 hwy

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Lexus wanna be and More for less

by cable guy from Norht Andover, MA | May 3, 2012

I have owned 25 cars since 1985 and just laid to rest a 95 BMW 525i , The Avalon is a dream to drive, handles well for a big car, great on gas(regular) everything you need and more , dont listen to the cons about this car, I have sold Toyotas and others and this car is the best I have ever owned, two car seats and room for someone in the middle, my kids cant reach each other due to the huge back seat space. This is a drive and buy car , you will be getting a Lexus ES330 with a Toyota name...just not the extra 3-4 grand for the name.

2010 Avalon

by Gigi from Georgia | February 27, 2012

This is the second Avalon I've owned. They are great cars. The ride is as smooth and quiet as any higher priced car. They are safe, dependable vehicles.

Problems with motor

by Avalon from Mississippi | February 24, 2012

I noticed that most of the reviews for this car are not recent. I have had this car three years now and think I can give a better judgment. Great fuel mileage, good power, nice looking car but problems with motor. I have 38,000 miles on the car now. At about 30,000 miles the motor started making a tapping sound. The tapping is not only when the motor is cold but all the time. Now the tapping is much louder, it sounds much like a diesel motor. The local Toyota dealership has looked at this many times and said there's nothing wrong with the motor. Toyota says the Avalon and some of the other cars models will make this tapping sound. This was my first and LAST Toyota I will purchase.

It is unbelievable

by Rajah from Kansas City | July 26, 2010

That anyone that ever drove or rode in this car could not recommend buying one. It's a Lexus without the $6,000 name badge. Rides great - perfect combination of handling and comfort. Good acceleration and excellent gas economy. And it is very safe. Seven freakin' air bags. Seriously, if you don't love this car you must be selling another make, or on crack. Sheesh!

Best value in a large sedan.

by Tex777 from Fort Worth, TX | July 6, 2010

This is my third Avalon, and they just keep getting better. If you need a lot of room, this provides comfort even for tall people without taking space from others. If the driver is over six feet tall, there is still a lot of room in the back seat.

Side mirrors do not fold

by Distracted driver on occasion. from South carolina | July 3, 2010

This car would be about perfect except for some stupid reason the side mirrors do not fold. My garage width is minimal. When I occasionally misjudge my side distance on my 2004 Prius, which folds, no significant damage results. Twice I misjudged my right side clearance on my 2010 Avalon and destroyed the glass in the mirror ($450!) once and destroyed the entire mirror and housing the second time ($750)!. I only have 4 inches of combined clearance on both sides and on each occasion I was distracted by social conversation with my passengers.

most reliable car I've ever owned

by avalon owner since 1997 from Grafton, Vermont | May 13, 2010

My 6th Avalon, Limited is a bargain and best feature is Dynamic Laser Cruise Control. The only minor complaint I have is that the exterior mirrors don't fold.

Toyota Reliability

by Small SUV Enthusiast from va | March 11, 2010

Even though I have heard about the recalls, (though my 2010 RAV4 is not subject to the recall) I still love this car. It is very responsive and is a great handling vehicle. I am very satisfied.

Very Comfortable but Concerned with Safety

by Rony from Mid Ohio | March 3, 2010

I am concerned with the acceleration problem at this time. Otherwise the comfort, ride and quietness is impressive. The trunk is too small and the back seats do not fold down to help with the limited storage. Do not get the Remote Start feature! After the engine is started, it will shut off when you unlock the door. You will have to restart the engine with the button or key.

good choice

by rc from tn | October 18, 2009

after looking for three months, I decided that the Avalon was the best combo of features, quality, size and value. It does not disappoint. A great choice!