2012 Toyota Avalon

19 city / 28 hwy

Overall

Smooth and efficient

by jbird from Michigan | February 26, 2014

I have owned 2003 Avalon and 2007 Lexus ES. Tryed Solara 2008 and Camary eco 2012..Came back to my Favorite ride. Avalon Limited 2012. Love this ride and very smooth even in Michigan high winds and snow storms.

Love the Ride

by Yia's Toyota from South Georgia | February 24, 2014

Just traded my 2008 Cadillac CTS- needed more leg room for ALL passengers- boy what a difference- dont get me wrong I enjoyed my Caddy- but Im loving this Avalon- smooth ride, spacious cabin, trunk space, MPG- I could go on and on-

2012 Toyota Avalon Limited

by bluebird from Twin Cities, MN | November 9, 2013

I bought this car for two reasons. I owned a same model 2004 and it was very reliable and I did not experience any mechanical, body or electronic problems. Second, I prefer the styling and ride of the 2012 over the 2013 model.

2012 Toyota Avalon

by Reltub from Tulsa, OK | September 28, 2013

I reviewed several Avalons on cars.com. Cars.com allowed me to compare comparable vehicles and make offers. I purchased the vehicle and was pleased with the deal. Based on my desires, their vehicle most clearly matched the conditions I was looking for, that is low mileage, cleanliness, and other accessories. I recommend cars.com to all my friends and relatives prior to making a purchase.

A 5 passenger sports car

by Niz from Mid Ga | June 14, 2013

The power of our 2005 Avalon from 35 to 80 is incredible. It has a passing gear that guarantees you can get out and around in seconds. The back seat is large enough to play racquet ball. We have managed to get 31 mph on the highway with no AC but carrying 800 pounds of passengers and luggage. The drivers seat is uncomfortable to me. I have to put a pillow behind my back and yes, it does have lumbar support. I gave it a 4 star for reliability because I also have a 2003 Highlander that has required almost no repair, while the Avalon has had a few issues. Great car, and we will own another one.

Hybrid really gets 40mpg City

by Ray DFW from Fort Worth Texas | April 3, 2013

We have 3k miles on our new Avalon Hybrid Limited. Extremely quiet, build quality is excellent. Friends seemed to be taken back by the interior styling, instrumentation and rear seat room. In the sport mode it has the feel of a European sedan with instant torque of the electric motors. The JBL stereo is very impressive. The Entune system needs updating for more compatibility with the Iphone 5. The limited now is a much better bet that the Lexus ES 300h, having better ergonomics, capacitive touch controls and a few more extras with the same build quality and reliability. Good job Toyota!

Avalon 2012

by idaho21 from Hamilton County TN | December 26, 2012

We needed more information before purchase on the relatively ineffective front head airbag system in the Toyota sedans. The vehicle has the small car feel when it is necessary to reduce speed quickly. Gas mileage is adequate for year 2005, but not for 2013.

So far so good

by Cowboy Geo from Alexandria, MN | November 8, 2012

So far,so goodl Have not had it long enough to really be able to say about the reliabiity. However, we have had two other Toyota Avelon's before this one, and and loved every one of them. Each new car gets better with mileage and comfort. This 2012 Avelon is the best so far.

I am glad I bought the avalon instead of the es350

by Rollingstone from Henderson,nc | July 31, 2012

I had a lexus rx350 which was nice but the avalon is smoother and plenty of power for me. Some sayed I down graded from lexus to avalon BUT I don't think so. It has the quality built in. After all Toyota makes it.

Luxury at a modest cost

by RobbbWPB from Palm Beach, FL | March 9, 2012

This is my second Avalon, with my mint condition 2008 having been the victim of a crash rendering it totaled. Both cars are nearly the same, with perhaps slightly more wind noise in the later model. Subtle changes to the Video module make the sound/GPS system easier to use. The unfortunate change in "wood" trim in the interior makes this part truly cheap compared to the rest of the well tailoed interior.