2013 Toyota Avalon

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Great Car

by Tony from nEW yORK | April 3, 2014

I had the car less than a week and I think the car is great. I have a 2006 Avalon Touring and leased a 2013 Toyota Avalon Touring. The car rides great and like the nav system, backup camera and the way you can change from eco to normal to sport. Eco mode will get you better gas mileage. Can tell difference between normal and sport. Test drove Impala, 300, Taurus and ES350. I picked the Avalon because it drove the best and was a little bigger than the ES350. Will update this post if it changes.

overall good. some frustration early innings

by Frenchie from Little Valley N.Y. | March 23, 2014

Technology somewhat difficult to initiate or pair with smart phone. Avalon still won' read texts like 2012 Camry did (without any difficulty) . Entune system overrated. Car should come with a DVD for car manual not a 1000 page book or books no one has time to read.

Looks are illusory

by UnhappyINga from North GA | February 27, 2014

First impressions of the 2013 Avalon were, for me, WOW! Ultra comfortable seating, good acceleration and handling for a larger car and the good feeling of knowing what I'm getting, having owned a 1997 Avalon many years ago. So much for the good. Closer inspection revealed some serious fit and finish issues like carpeting pulling away from the front door exit, headliner showing bubbles indicating a rush job at the factory which went out the door anyway. The test drive went well for a time until a sound came from the front wheels akin to a rubbing/scraping noise that the salesperson said was the result of the car 'sitting on the lot too long without being moved...don't worry about it". Say what???? Has Toyota lost its way somewhere along the line? I don't know but I went from genuinely wanting to buy this car to let some other less discerning buyer have at it.

2013 rides rough

by Mike from Mason City, Il. | February 25, 2014

This is my 4th Avalon limited. I just assumed that the 2013 would be at least as smooth or better than my 2011 was. Wrong!!!!! First time I regretted my Avalon. Wife wants to trade it asap and it's only 1 yr old. I get angry/aggitated due to the harsh ride. My chevy pickup rides better than this. I love everything else about it but with this harsh ride over bumps I will not buy another one. I don't race around pilons. Americas roads are getting bumpier so sport ride is not what I want. In a flagship car a smooth ride is what I want. End of Rant.

Good value

by Hatch from Fort Wayne, Indiana | January 28, 2014

The design is pleasing, the handling is good, the interior is comfortable ,the drive line is very smooth,the fuel mileage good.

Very reliable and fun to drive.

by Car Enthusiast from Grants New Mexico | January 27, 2014

Ths is my third Avalon and by far the best . I have owned many other brands and this is by far the best for the money.

DUPED

by DUPED from Braintree | January 21, 2014

When to McGee for a car advertised via Cars.Com I w3as ready to but an AVALON.. Called to ensure price was correct. When I got there, I took a ride to check out the car, liked the car. When I sat down to negotiiate the price of the car , the price of the car was MUCH higher than what was posted on internet and verified over the phone. I offered 1500.00 MORE than the internet price, and was told, they still could not sell it at that price. AREyou for real!! The internet price included all the rebates , blah, blah , blah... Any how the price I could steal the car at was only$ 5K more than the deal advertised on cars.com... There is a reason the cars are priced low at MCGEE.. The reason is they are not the real price !!!!! It is the typical bait and switch. As I was leaving, I told them to call me if they wanted to accept my offer. I will not hold my breath waiting for a return call.. Now I know why the show room was empty of customers.

2013 Avalon Limited a Winner

by Avalon Lover from Washington DC Area | January 7, 2014

This is my fourth Avalon Limited, so you can see that I'm a fan. There is much to love about these cars! Yes, they changed the ride. I don't care for it as much as my older models, but I decided to get used to it and not complain. This was brought home to me big time when I test drove some of the competition! Avalon is better as far as I'm concerned. It's a tiny bit smaller. My body isn't quite as happy about that, but my garage is. I had to play with the seat height a number of times so I would quit bumping my head getting out of the driver's seat. I read lots of complaints about how hard the driver's seat is. As for me, no big deal. Again, get used to it and quit complaining. Life isn't perfect. OK....so I will complain about something. I think most of the color choices - both exterior and interior - are, well, ugly. I know - that's very subjective. The advertised colors in their brochures are not even close to the real thing. I've driven a white Avalon for five years and decided I was going to go for that pretty red one they advertise. Forget it. I selected silver because everything else was military dark and depressing - for me and my wife. The new gadgets are fun. They are new to me because I traded in a 2008 for this 2013. There is a learning curve, but I enjoy taking that time to get the most out of the bells and whistles. I will probably be an Avalon boy for the rest of my days.

avalon Hybrid

by srg from | December 29, 2013

Great Car, Outstanding gas mileage, 500 miles per fill up. 4 cyl, but performs like a 6. A bit more sporty looking than older Avalon.

love it

by barbie from baltimore,md | December 19, 2013

this is my 2nd avalon and it is just about perfect. i love every feature and feel lucky to own such a wonderful car!