2013 Toyota Avalon

21 city / 31 hwy

Overall

Worst car I ever had

by Larry from Murfreesboro, GA | September 25, 2014

Okay so know Toyota is one of the best cars ever but not so if want a vehicle being so uncomfortable and riding on shells. I bought this car last year nothing but problems replaced headliner twice sunroof leaked caused me money on getting interior good clean up what a major problem caused me. Seats are uncomfortable just sitting on a egg shell. Suspension isn't firm at all, this car had worst ride ever since buying cars for the last 34 years. It might look good on outside but suffer many problems with terrible flaws. Would avoid this car well did when took this problem to a Buick dealer got a 2014 Buick Lacrosse absolutely that car has no issues it's more like a car supposed to be I am happy driving an normal car again.

Interior material an workmanship

by Disappointed from Leicester NCAA | September 4, 2014

My 2013 Avalon with 7000 some miles the interior seat backs began falling off. June 2014 notified dealer July had not heard anything, contacted dealer nothind done to resolve my problem, September have been ignored by Toyota and the dealer, at this point it is apparent that their strategy is to let the warranty expire. Do not buy toyota Avalon unless you loved disappointment.

Poor Toyota

by charley from Syracuse, NY | June 19, 2014

For $30,000 plus should be more comfortable. Feel too much of the road. Leather is cheap. Not enough cushion in seat. After only 4 months, I can't get out of this car soon enough. This is my last Toyota.

a sad day for avalon owners

by boggiebill from wilmette,il. | May 30, 2014

a greet car,before 2013. they made a mess,of the change. the ride is harsh and stiff. the steering is too sensitive. the seats are not as confortable.the dashboard,is hard to look at. . i would not recomend,the 2013,or2014,.

Broken Back

by lrob22 from Nashville, TN | May 23, 2014

Purchased a 2013 Avalon 8 months ago, first the headliner broke at the back window, then the seat backs broke. Finally after several weeks the parts came in and they repaired these problems (This was a New Car). Wife drives this car her back hurts every day from the uncomfortable seats. Ride is so rough and noisy that its really hard to enjoy the new car. I own a 2007 Avalon and I prefer it to the new one, It is a very good car. So three weeks ago I traded it for a 2014 Buick Lacrosse my wife says this is the best ride of all every day she says "I love this car" I guess this was not what I expected from Toyota...

Mule & Wagon Ride

by Avalon in Retrospect from Middle Georgia | May 20, 2014

Still have my 04 Avalon and drive it on trips since it is much more comfortable than this one. My wife does not complain but this is the roughest ride I have had in a car since a '48 Jeep. I will not buy another Toyota anything.

Great Car

by Tony from nEW yORK | April 3, 2014

I had the car less than a week and I think the car is great. I have a 2006 Avalon Touring and leased a 2013 Toyota Avalon Touring. The car rides great and like the nav system, backup camera and the way you can change from eco to normal to sport. Eco mode will get you better gas mileage. Can tell difference between normal and sport. Test drove Impala, 300, Taurus and ES350. I picked the Avalon because it drove the best and was a little bigger than the ES350. Will update this post if it changes.

overall good. some frustration early innings

by Frenchie from Little Valley N.Y. | March 23, 2014

Technology somewhat difficult to initiate or pair with smart phone. Avalon still won' read texts like 2012 Camry did (without any difficulty) . Entune system overrated. Car should come with a DVD for car manual not a 1000 page book or books no one has time to read.

Looks are illusory

by UnhappyINga from North GA | February 27, 2014

First impressions of the 2013 Avalon were, for me, WOW! Ultra comfortable seating, good acceleration and handling for a larger car and the good feeling of knowing what I'm getting, having owned a 1997 Avalon many years ago. So much for the good. Closer inspection revealed some serious fit and finish issues like carpeting pulling away from the front door exit, headliner showing bubbles indicating a rush job at the factory which went out the door anyway. The test drive went well for a time until a sound came from the front wheels akin to a rubbing/scraping noise that the salesperson said was the result of the car 'sitting on the lot too long without being moved...don't worry about it". Say what???? Has Toyota lost its way somewhere along the line? I don't know but I went from genuinely wanting to buy this car to let some other less discerning buyer have at it.

2013 rides rough

by Mike from Mason City, Il. | February 25, 2014

This is my 4th Avalon limited. I just assumed that the 2013 would be at least as smooth or better than my 2011 was. Wrong!!!!! First time I regretted my Avalon. Wife wants to trade it asap and it's only 1 yr old. I get angry/aggitated due to the harsh ride. My chevy pickup rides better than this. I love everything else about it but with this harsh ride over bumps I will not buy another one. I don't race around pilons. Americas roads are getting bumpier so sport ride is not what I want. In a flagship car a smooth ride is what I want. End of Rant.