2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid

Available in 1 styles:  2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan shown

40 city / 38 hwy

Overall

Low maintenance, great reliabilty, superior mpg

by KarlwithaK from Maryland | July 21, 2014

I bought my 2007 hybird new and now have 166,000 miles on it. Change the oil and rotate the tires every 5000 miles. Rear brakes replaced around 120k, the front brakes are still original. No other maintenances costs to date, except tires. On my 4th set of tires, logged 65000 on the BFG set just replaced. Gas mileage exceeds advertised unless travelling 70 mph on the interstates, when it drops to 36 mpg, because the internal combustion engine is running full time. Slightly better mpg in city driving, but I get 42 mpg overall, have gotten over 44 mpg on some tank fulls, 600+ mi per tank. I usually put in about 14.5 gallons on a fill-up. You can optimize your mileage by keeping below 40 mpg (on appropriate roads of course) and pressing the gas pedal lightly so as to stay in all-electric mode. Looking to get 300k out of this car. Really, 42 mpg is great for a car this size.

Watch out

by Not very happy with Toyota from Houston, TX | April 23, 2014

I have been happy with my Toyota until this last month. I started have a squeal sound related to the brakes. Had it checked at two places (including the Toyota dealership). They both said it was the ABS brake actuator and would cost $3,500 for repairs. I looked on-line and found lots of complaints from owners about this same problem. Even saw an attorney's office representing owners in a class action suit. My dealer will make no concessions on the repair even though it is premature failure. If that weren't enough (and it was, really), the AC cut out. I took it to the same to repair shops and was quoted over $1,600 for that repair which was premature failure of the AC core which is buried in the dashboard and requires a major dismantling of the car to get to. Those two repairs will come to $5,200 + tax! Both are premature failures and Toyota won't do anything about it. I have not decided whether to have the repairs made or not. May just sell the car and cut my losses before the rest of it falls apart.

Better then the 2010 gasoline camry

by Hybrid Khan from Windsor, CT | January 22, 2014

I owned 2007 Camry Hybrid 50th anniversary edition for exactly 3 years, and let me tell you something, it is not one of the best cars but “THE BEST CAR” I ever owned. Even better than a 2010 Camry (Gasoline Version) that I purchased brand new. It caused arguments in the family that who would drive the Hybrid because no one wanted to drive 2010 Camry Gasoline or Honda Civic. I bought my Hybrid with 69k miles on it and it had just over 150k when it got total because of an accident. It gave me 34-35MPG on any average day. But during rain or aggressive driving it droped down between 32-33MPG. The best MPG I managed to get was 39.8MPG but it was only during when I was driving 200miles a day (all highway miles). Having said that, unlike Toyota advertised, it gives better MPG on the highway than in city driving condition. Since it was a 50th Anniversary Edition, it had all the bells and whistles one could ask for. It even had a built in remote starter. Since it is heaver than the gasoline Camry, the ride was much more firm and comfortable. If there is one thing that I didn’t like about this car is that it didn’t have Traction Control off mode which means if you live in New England and you got stuck in the snow, you’ll be stuck there for a while. Other than that it’s a perfect car all around. During the 3 years ownership, all I did is replacing the tires and the wiper blades and I am surprised that even though I drove the car for 80K miles my breaks were still going strong.

Comment about my new Toyota Hybrid

by Wendata from ETHIOPIA from , LA , CA | November 1, 2013

I really really love . like my new car ! Very comfortable ,intact . In general i can say im very lucky to have this car . This is my 4th Camry , i can witness by giving my vast experience about camry' s they are the best cars . Thank you for the opportunity !

love this car!

by awesome car! from des Moines | October 17, 2013

this car is amazing! great gas mileage, no engine sound, smooth ride.I am very glad that I purchased this car!

""YAWN""

by TRATCS from Oklahoma City, OK | November 29, 2012

I've had this 2007 Camry hybrid now for 4 years and its had no problems. However - for lack of a better description, it is just a boring car. Boring design, boring to drive. I'm sure it is more reliable than most other cars but I plan to replace it with a Lexus, which is what I had before this. (Thought I'd go green back in 2009.) I will say the paint job is very poor and I expected better from Toyota. I think it is a trend with the darker colors, but this paint is not a very deep color or "thick" paint. Also Beware: the car does NOT get 40 mpg. I average between 32 and 35. ON THE HIGHWAY, if you go around 60-70 tops, you will get 40. (I know, it is supposed to get better in the city, but no way does that happen.) I can't fault it other than to say it is just a boring car!

camry hybrid

by gato from colorado from colorado | July 24, 2012

I gave a review on this car already, but now I had mine for longer period of time and can give a better review. toyota advertises the camry hybrid as 40 city,38 hwy. it's a big lie. it seems to get better gas mileage on the hwy, than city. when I drive city is very hard to get the car on hybrid mode. you have to drive like an old person holding the steering wheel with 2 hands. it feels very neat when i go to the store on the weekends and i drive super slow and when i stop it tells me great driving 40 miles per gallon. it seems this is the only way yo get it to do that. on hwy 2 adults and 1 child it's really good. 430 so miles on 14 or so gallons used on hwy. car is very good and reliable so far, no problems what so ever, only the breaks squeals when wet. good solid car i got mine used and love it.

camry hybrid

by gato from colorado | June 29, 2012

I love the car,it has good power for a heavy car. gas is not as advertized.I drove to Texas alone and the gas mileage was amazing, but all it took to change taht on the way back was put my wife and son in and gas and power changed a whole lot, for the worst. it only averaged 32 mpg, which is very good, but toyota advertized 40 city & 38 highway. I drove the car for 460 miles on one thank, but I was surprised when I filled up I could only put 14 gallons in out of 17 that car has. so 32.9 miles per gallon. mine is pretty sump up, leather,navigation,bluetooth,mp3, some materials inside are cheap looking,and when it rains it makes a really loud noise rain hitting roof. leather seats are hard and made legs and back hurt, the 670 mile trip felt like a thousand miles. Sad the navigation does not have back up camera and wood accents, thats all mine is missing. I bought it used and got put on brand new tires and breaks by the dealer. but breaks are squealing now, don't know if its the ones dealer put on new or the ones they didn't put on. all in all I love this car and I hope it doesn't break down on me, I am afraid of the money I would pay for new battery or new anything. brother of mine has a nissan altima 2.5 and gets far better mileage than mine, although with 2.7 more gallons, still he gets better than 600 miles on one thank. I would recommend this car to anyone is just a bad deal that toyota is the most expensive hybrid out there. go get a used one instead of paying for depreciation of new car, you will not know the difference other than the brand new smell, but its offset by the $3 to $4000 you will save, and with that money you can super clean the car andput back the nice smell.

Not the best Hybrid but definitely in the top 5

by Hybrid owner from Los Angeles, CA | June 4, 2012

The Toyota Camry Hybrid is not the best hybrid on the market based on mpg and retail price, but it is definitely one of the best looking. The exterior is sleek and beautiful and the interior is spacious and comfortable.

Love this car

by missy from Oakdale, MN | April 20, 2012

88000 miles all this car has needed is tires and oil changes. Will be replacing with another Camry..