1999 Toyota Camry Solara

1999 Toyota Camry Solara
Available in 3 styles:  Solora 2dr Coupe SE shown

Overall

wish they still made them

by Jabberhockey from Toronto, Ont. | August 28, 2014

Bought my 99 Solara SEV6 brand new. Still looks new..In fifteen years I've spent a little over two thousand dollars total on parts including two sets of tires. 152000 miles on it and still runs great. Why is it whenever someone has a great product, they stop making them ?

Best car I ever owned

by Toy 4 me from mansfield, OH | July 29, 2011

Most comfortable to drive. Have SLE model with leather seats and moonroof. JBL sound system is great. Fun to drive and with a v6 it is fun to pass.

nice ride

by chihuahua from west sayville | April 28, 2011

Great Car for the Coupe conscious with impeccable reliability, wonderful and spirited performance with the 5 speed manual. They do not make them like this anymore.

This is an awesome car

by A fan from Fairfield, CT | September 11, 2010

Economical, durable, and reliable, with a double-din opening for the radio; I installed a bluetooth/xmnavtraffic/Ipod beauty. Highway cruising is a breeze, and with the V6 and five speed, and low-rolling resistance tires, I can cruise up to 33 mpg on the highway. And, if necessary, can nail it and merge on short, outdated onramps where I live with a 0-60 in the mid 7's. Really, a fantastic, affordable combination on the road for under $10k (55k miles 3 years ago). I highly recommend.

Will Drive Wheels Off

by al3uchanan from Asheville, NC | February 24, 2010

Got this car witth 88,000 on it. It now has 148,000. Other than the a/c replacement, I have had no problems. Thinking about trading when it get to 300. But then again I may still keep it. 4 years and still going strong.

1999 solara

by Dee from Venice fl | December 7, 2008

I bought this car in 2003 with 23K on it. I now have 97K on it. I love this car. It is stylish & reliable. the only issue I've had is the driver's window motor broke. The visor mirrors were off when I got it. other than that it is great. Wish they wouldn't have changed the styling--newer ones don't look so sporty anymore.

It's a VERY good car!

by A Former Honda owner from Just outside NYC | July 25, 2007

My previous 3 vehicles were all Honda Accords. Since the Accord was getting to be a bit of a "Low Ride" for me, (I'm over 6 feet) a friend suggested I look at the Toyota Camry. Being used to a more sporty ride, the Camry was a bit "Stodgey" for me. Then I test drove the Solara. Essentially, it is the Camry with a slighlty larger engine and sleaker body with more insulation for a quieter ride. Pleasantly surprized! The (standard size) 135-horsepower, dual overhead cam, four-cylinder, automatic transmission gives both good response and good gas milelage! I am NOT "heavy-footed" (not with gas prices the way they are). If I drive no A/C at 60 mph on the highway, I get about 26mpg. Standard (all climate) everday driving is a consistent 22mpg. Not bad considering the cars 8 years old! Some of the roads around here are lousy! The Solara handles the bumps well. As for performance, it's sporty yet feels solid around you. Hey, it's a low-end luxury car right? Handles well, stops straight, and doesn't have any "lean" around corners. All the safety features are standard. Dual front air bags, ABS, Keyless entry and factory installed alarm which disables the engine. So, nobody can steal the car. Now, the maintenance costs. I have ALWAYS taken good care of my cars, so I do what the owners manual says to do. Oil change every 3-5,000 miles, tune ups seem to last forever. I have 95,000 on the car and I think I tuned it maybe twice. I changed the timing belt at 80,000 miles as well as the filters, did a transmission maintenance, 2 new front tires, struts, and wheel alignment. Right now I think I'll get ANOTHER 95,000 miles out of it! The car burns NO oil, no leaks, and feels like it did when I first bought it. The "nuts and bolts" still feel tight. So, in closing, yes it is a GREAT car! A cool looking, sporty, low-maintenance, good on gas, DEPENDABLE car!

One Remarkable Car.......................

by Pipercub from Reno, NV | February 25, 2007

I just purchased a 99' Solara SLE, and have been having a lot of buyers remorse. But the more I drive and am surprised by the car's performance, the more I satisfied I am about buying a 8 year old car with 98,000 miles on it. Afterall; it is a Toyota, and Toyota builds a fine automobile. Reno, Nevada

Best two door on the market!

by True to Toyota from Muncie, Indiana | January 30, 2007

I adore my Toyota Solara and planned to drive the wheels off of it. I am currently at 135,000 and it still handles like a dream. Now I plan to update to a four door Toyota. I suggest SLE models. The moonroof and leather are great options.

Featured Services for this Toyota Camry Solara