2001 Toyota Camry Solara

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Good Value

by Needed 2nd CAR - wanted something Sporty from NY,NY | October 17, 2013

The first thousand miles - A - ok - Car has 71,000 miles silver with black top. Driver's seat belt does not retract - added expense - Need to replace timing belt - expensive replacement V6 - good power average MPG Top is an expensive replacement - next year great value - sporty - timeless style - comfotable 4 seater

Best used car I've ever owned

by Toyota Impressor from Columbia, MD | July 28, 2012

I purchased my Solara last year around June. The previous owner didn't show the car very much love. The paint job had faded and the interior was inundated with dog hair. After seeing it I thought....do I really want to test drive this thing. Well, since I was there, I decided to take it for a spin. To my surprise, the car drove like a dream, the engine purred, smooth ride, transmission changed perfectly. So I bought it. I went to Maaco for a inexpensive paint job and had a 8 hour detail job done to remove the dog hair, Darn...looks like a new car. After one year and some routine maintenance, the car is truly a gem. No engine or transmission problems. The A.C. is so cold I have to wear a jacket (kidding) When I change the oil the color is only a shade darker than the original color. when I idle at a stop light the RPM needle doesn't move at all. The car is truly a Toyota masterpiece.

I am amazed

by Look for reliabilty from Pueblo, Colorado | January 21, 2011

I am a second owner of a 2001 solara v6 3.0. I purchased this at 16,999 miles in 2003. I have put 100,000 more miles on it since I have owned it. I am amazed at the other reviews as my experience was not the same. I reseached the name Toyota and thought I was purchasing the best most reliable vehicle on the road, and after reading the other reviews I may have just been unlucky. I had to replace the motor which was under waranty thank god at 85,000 miles. About 4 months later my transmission was leaking I took it to Toyota (all work as performed at Toyota) and it needed replaced. This was not under warrany. All under 100,000 miles. Like I said it may have been poor luck. All maintnance was done on time. Replaced oil with Mobil One full synthetic every 3 months and Mobil one oil filter, I would replace the air filter at the same time. I will say it never did just leave me, I just noticed smoke when it would start and I took it to toyota and they replaced the motor under warranty. The Transmission was leaking just a couples of drops a day, one or two is it. The thing started with out hesitation every time. I have taken it accross the country several times with out one problem. The car is very quite, very nice looking with dark tinted windows (2001) decent power, nice handling. I guess it was reliable and after reading everyones reviews, I just had the only bad one. My wife just loves her car. I just was iffy, now I am sure this will last forever now with new motor and transmission.

Still pushing

by ineedav8 from Virginia | January 19, 2011

I bought my solora brand new in 01, it had 31miles. It was my first and only car up into the present. Ive driven this car from Va to Texas, at least 4 times. Ive been in four traffic accidents. The most severe one the car was almost totaled.recently i was hit by a city bus( sideswiped, knocked off the front end). Anyway to make a long story short,this car has 250,000 miles, and has never given me any problem. the most expensive thing done(besides the body work from the accidents) was a tune up, and it runs like the first day I bought it. I dont even treat the car good. how is this possible?

Like New at 9 years old!

by Toyota Buddy from Fort Worth, TX | September 18, 2010

People can't believe this car is 9 years old. The interior is almost flawless --great quality leather, headliner, etc... Love the moon/sun roof. Smooth ride. Everything works beautifully. Incredible bargain.

2001 Solara Convertable

by Average Joe from Raleigh NC | August 26, 2010

Car now has 100,000 miles. Exterior is perfect. No mechanical issues. After 10 years, convertable top is worn. Rear speaker needs replacing. All in all, car is exceptional. If needed, I could drive this car cross country.

No frills equal more fun

by Red Car owner from Bay Area, California | April 23, 2010

Its more fun driving my four cyclinder Solara than my Lexus ES330. Why, well I like hearing what the engine is doing and have no gadgets to take my concentration from the road. Everything has been laid out logically requiring almost no eyes off the road to change the temp or turn down the radio or increase the fan. It gets me 27MPG in suburban enviroment which is the best of any of my cars. We bought it certified for the kids but I decided to keep it instead. I highly recommend this car.

most roomy

by Caro from Clarksburg, Md | January 31, 2010

As far as roomy and comfort for a convertible the solara wins hands down. i have driven them all. largest back seat space. all accessories work great after 9 years. a no issue, fun vehicle

I love this car!

by Psychpilot from Macks Creek MO | March 31, 2008

I bought this 2001 Camry Solara used, in 2006. It had about 52,000 miles. It looked new, inside and out. I have not had to spend a dime on it, other than for routine maintenance. It has LOTS of power ... enough to get in trouble. The only detrimental thing I can say about it is that the gas mileage could be better. I average about 25 mpg (combined). I love this car!

Red Convertible-Awesome car! A real head turner.

by Lotta fun from Hollywood, CA | May 28, 2007

I bought this car this year, as an 2001. And everything about it inside and out is like it's brand new. Engine, looks, operation, etc. The oil never gets dark, it's always perfectly clear even before oil changes. It's not a very common car so people often gawk and ask what it is when the top is down. people really love interior, all leather, they always want to stare inside. It's good on gas but a fairly large car. I love it. Looks and performs way more expensive than it is.

Featured Services for this Toyota Camry Solara