2005 Toyota Camry Solara

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Solid Buy

by The Wheelright from Los Angeles, CA | October 21, 2013

I've only driven it for one month, but my recent purchase of a 2005 Toyota Solara SEV6 has been a pleasant reaffirmation of my faith in the quality and value that Toyota brings to most of its products. I drove a Camry V6XLE for years and it was a solid and dependable car with excellent handling and a smooth powertrain. However, I have been very disappointed in the body styling of Camry, since 2000. The Solara, now discontinued by Toyota, carries forward the tradition of the Camry in a two-door coupe that captured my eye as an excellent buy. It doesn't have the horsepower and acceleration that my V6XLE had, but it's performance is very pleasing and I recommend it.

never would have found this without Cars.com

by ragtop from Mulkeytown, IL | February 21, 2013

I knew exactly what car I wanted, a Toyota Solara convertible and had been looking for some time. Hard car to find in my price range. I looked at Cars.com and increased my range to 250 miles and found exactly what I was looking for. I called the dealership and talked to them about the car, checked the Car Fax, and got my credit checked in advance. I also gave them information about my Lincoln I wanted to trade in. I took a day off work and traveled to Toyota on Nicholasville in Lexington, KY. They were really great. I took a test drive, traded my Lincoln in and arranged financing all in one pleasant afternoon. Love my car, love the deal I got, and love Cars.com for helping me find it.

What a car

by stud from Corpus Christi | November 15, 2011

Purchased used from a dealer and the car (convertible) is very quiet from inside. Very smooth ride and good power and very stylish.

Hard to Give this One up

by Love My Solara from Somerset, KY | September 13, 2010

This car is a dream to drive. It gets around town easily, and it goes good on the highway. The gas mileage is great. The dash is so easy to read and it's arrangement is stylish. When I am in the car I think that I am in a luxury car. The only drawback I find is the ease of getting in the back seat. The doors are very large and when parking I allow for a little more space to eliminate "bumping" from other vehicles. The feature I never had in another car is the tire indicator light. When it was on, I needed air or there was a leak to be fixed. It is a sporty looking car and I have had several compliments from other car owners. One person said that I looked younger driving the Solora. I like that!! I found that long distant travel was less tiring than in the larger cars that I owned. I have owned several different makes and models of cars, and I find that my Solara is a "keeper".

Most Reliable Car I've Owned - even for long drive

by SportyGal from Baltimore, MD | May 5, 2010

Great comfort for long drive and road trip. Wide space, the trunk can fit 2 huge luggages (50 lbs each) which I usually use for overseas travel. The rear passenger area has lots of leg-rooms. Quiet drive as well.

What a comfortable and stylish car

by Sunny in Florida from Florida | July 30, 2009

Great ride with really good gas mileage in town-up to 24mpg or on the highway- up to 31mpg. I have enjoyed my Solara Convertible on long roads trips especially. This car handles good and we enjoy taking the top down and enjoying the views! I keep up with the routine maintenance(every 5k miles) and have not had any issues with this vehicle since owning.

Salvage Title Severe Crash

by Salvage Title review from | July 12, 2009

This car appears to have had a severe crash with unibody damage. Estimated seller purchase price $2300. Car in unreliable condition.

Great highway mileage & reliability

by john from walnut creek, Ca | July 26, 2008

I bought the car new. I have had other convertibles which I bought new. The 2005 convertible beats them hands down on all counts. I have not had a single issue in the almost 4 years I have owned it. I have taken 4 cross country trips and one round trip to southeastern Utah and have gotten 29-30mpg. Local city driving is about 18-20mpg. I am most pleased. My grandchildren enjoy it too. John Walnut Creek,Ca Ca

very comfortable highway car

by highway driver from canada | March 12, 2007

no problems other than weatherstripping and front strut replacement. radio could be better. quality excellent and reason for purchase as choice was european convertibles

Nicest car I've owned

by Sports car craz from Honolulu | January 27, 2007

I'm the only owner for this ausome vehicle. Hasn't have any problem with it. Lots of power and very nice sound system. Gets about 19-20 MPG. Very smooth ride, loved its handling ability.