2008 Toyota Camry Solara

Available in 9 styles:  2008 Toyota Camry Solara 2dr Coupe shown

Overall

Great Looking Convertible Cruiser

by Two time owner from Altoona, IA | August 14, 2014

First - the car is the convertible sport model. V6. I previously owned a 2004 coupe (which the 08 has much improved upon). The gearbox is silky smooth and the engine purrs nicely. Being that the car is nearing 7 years old, I was diligent in finding a car with a complete set of vehicle service records and one that had stability control. Seems many of these listings do not. I feel confident the car will be a great cruiser for years to come. Nice sounding stereo from the front but in the rear the side mounted speakers needed to go. Never understand why car makers don't put two-way speakers all around. Anyone who likes music notices a huge difference. But if that's the biggest of my problems I guess I'm okay. Really love every single thing about this gem. I do hate they aren't made anymore. Frankly, it's the sportiest thing Toyota had going for it in years. The engine has enough power but just enough. Would have loved more juice but I've owned this engine model three times now and it's a good one. Car is very quiet inside with the roof up.

Can't go wrong with a Toyota

by andrea from Marlton, NJ | February 21, 2014

Love it, just a bit frustrated with the fact it is not very efficient on gas. A typical 6 cylinder. Would've preferred a 4 cylinder and more gas conservation, but it didn't come in it. Hard to find a Toyota convertible younger than 2008.

Great car

by Toyota man from Conn | September 8, 2013

These are awesome cars, these cars last forever. these cars are no longer made which makes the a novelty over time.

Happy to have found another Solara

by Previous Solara owner from Tallahassee, Florida | August 18, 2013

I had a Solara a few years ago but it was totaled in an accident. Not our fault, and it did its job protecting us. I wanted another one and found this one a few hours away. I love it; it's perfect. Comfortable, fun, beautiful.

love my car

by mom's car from Raleigh,Nc | October 7, 2012

Love this car. It has everything. Convertible with toyota quality. Repairs are very affordable. Can't say enough good things about this car. Super roomy and comfortable back seat. One small negative, it does not have great visibility in rear window.

Great Car that Turns Heads

by Auntie from | September 2, 2012

Wonderful fun car that turns heads. It runs so quietly that I can't hear the engine if parked. Gas millage of about 25 MPG. Extremely comfortable to drive long distances.

Nice Ride

by 3 Toyotas from Iowa Park, TX | April 24, 2012

When I first started looking for a non-roadster type convertible, I was interested in the Ford Mustang. After looking for several months and driving a few, I wasn't sold on the Mustang. This led to me broadening my search for other convertibles and ultimately led me to the Solara. After my first test drive of this car, I was sold. The ride was so smooth and comfotable and the performance of the V-6 is very nice. One thing I miss a little is the handling; it has a little body sway, but I guess it's to be expected of a car with such a smooth ride. The fuel mileage was also an unexpected pleasure at 27 MPG on the Hwy. Overall I'm very pleased with the choice I made. Since I own two other Toyotas, I knew what to expect as far as reliability is concerned.

FUN CAR TO DRIVE

by DANCAN1947 from COLUMBUS, OHIO | April 23, 2012

I AM GETTING 28 MILES PER GALLON, MINE IS A V-6. JUST A GREAT LITTLE CAR THAT NEEDS NO EXCUSES. EASY TO KEEP, WITH A VERY EASY COST MAINTENCE FACTOR. PLENTY OF ROOM AND PLENTY OF PEP.

love my solara

by Grandma from | August 18, 2011

I researched the Toyota Solara on line and found the one I ended up buying on the internet. It is so easy to buy a car this way. It cuts out the hassle of purchasing a car. I would buy this car, again, BUT if I had a family who traveled with me all the time, I would buy the Camry (four door), even though, it is not as sporty.

Best Car Ever

by A convertible at last from Raleigh,NC | June 1, 2011

I love my car! Lots of room and gorgeous! an absolute dream to drive! All backed by Toyota quality and low maintenance cost. Also great gas mileage.