1989 Toyota Camry

Information Coming Soon

Overall

Reliable Wagon

by The Wagon. from Pennsylvania | June 25, 2013

I got this car two years ago, and prior to that the car only had one owner. I was lucky enough to get it with only 50,000 miles on it, as it had sat pretty much unused for nine years. I had the navy blue model, and I loved the way it looked. There is no reason this small car needs a 6V engine, but I'm so glad it has one. It is so much fun to drive, and you barely need to press down on the gas pedal to go zooming off. Tight steering and great handling made for the most enjoyable ride ever. I also loved the blue interior and seats. The automatic seatbelts in the front seats startled guests who weren't expecting it, so that also added to the amusement factor of the car. Everyone who's ever driven her loved her. I've taken her on highways, on windy mountain roads, dirt paths, through a field, and she's never broken down on me. The wagon was a reliable tank, and I'm ever so sad to see her go. The Few Cons: It eats gas like a fiend. The 6V engine is super fun to drive, but there's definitely a price to pay for it, and that's stopping for gas often. The transmission gave out at 85,000 miles which I'm disappointed with. I would have driven this car forever. The headlights aren't very effective. The high beams were like any other car's normal headlights.

great car

by barney from michigan | January 17, 2012

I have 89 camry wagon. I bought it a few years ago. I put 200 to 300 miles a week on it. 460K miles on original engine. What more can you ask for?

very reliable

by abdoul djoumoi from up new york | December 14, 2010

for all utility, commuting to work and other transpotation like going to park outdoor market and so for

Best car I ever had, bcuz it always runs!

by Fast CarZ from Philadelphia, PA | June 10, 2010

This car is great. Always starts and runs like a champ. I have the LE so it has power everthing and a sunroof. It is rusted out in the wheel wells bad and it leaks oil really really badly, but it's a classic so there ya go. But it is an old car and it gets from A to B everytime. This car is solid. The car is a bumpy ride and the seat hurts my back so you can't take it further than a three hour ride before you need to see a doctor. But for the money you would be a sucker not to buy it, because if this is your price range then this is the best you can possibly do with no regrets. If you take care of it, it will take care of you. Enjoy.

Great car for student or family

by gothgonewild from Reno, NV | September 30, 2009

This car is very reliable and great on gas. I would own another. I used this car for transporting my family, groceries, you name it. Handled great in the snow and rain and I felt very safe driving it around.

good car

by babygirl from ny | April 2, 2008

My car is a maroon 1989 toyota camry station wagon. It doesnt look the greatest but it is a very relieable car. I have had to do a little bit of work to it but other then normal wear and tear i think i got my moneys worth. I have two kids and i know that if i take care of this car it will be something i can depend on and know that while i drive it my kids are safe.

Not good for car chases

by not on the lam from Chicago, IL | May 18, 2006

But otherwise it was fine. This was the totally serviceable car I bought used right when I graduated from college. It ran well and was generally reliable. I did have to replace the transmission but since these cars are so common, I got a used one relatively inexpensively. This was not a plush automobile, but it was fine for driving all around LA when I had it. It was a little uncomfortable on long trips and I don't remember it having a lot of power. My father called it the motorized chair and it did feel a little like that, there wasn't a lot of weight to the car. This car was eventually stolen from me and recovered three years later when it was impounded during a car chase. It's not a good car chase vehicle, I don't remember it being fast. I'm assuming whomever was caught simply couldn't drive fast enough to get away.

Featured Services for this Toyota Camry