1998 Toyota Camry

Available in 6 styles:  Camry 4dr Sedan CE shown

Overall

Very few repairs!!!

by Joni Baloney from Springfield, MO | June 24, 2014

Purchased this car (used) in 2001 at 35,000 miles. Many years later, I'm just reaching 90,000 miles. I've had to do very few repairs to this car! I avoided foreign-made for many, many years - I just didn't feel that they were as solid and safe as American-made. However, I've become a true believer in Toyota! This car is the lightest car that I've ever owned so the traction in rain (feels like it hydroplanes a little at 55mph or greater) and snow does leave a lot to be desired. I'm sure the tires and the weight of the car have a lot to do with this so I am looking to buy a bigger car (maybe a compact SUV) in the next couple of years.

Almost too Good

by Daily Commuter from Orland Park, IL | March 3, 2014

I bought this car used with 24K miles on it on Sept. 10, 2001. Needless to say, nobody cared about seeing my new car the next day! I bought the Camry because my wife was pregnant with our first child and I wanted something reliable. We brought him home from the hospital in it 13 days later. Today, he's almost as tall as I am and the Camry is still running great at 163,000 miles. I almost want it to break down so I can get a new car, but it runs so great, I can't justify it! I haven't had a car payment in 9 years, which will help with college payments for both my kids.

Very good car

by Toyota from Frederick MD | March 1, 2014

Reliable person and very easy to talk to and he care about his customers. He is easily to reach by phone. The car is good quality.

Very reliable and smooth. 15 yrs later.145k miles

by NJite from Edison, NJ | March 16, 2013

I bought this in January 1998 (Camry LE) and green in color. The color has not even faded that much despite parking ins scorching heat in NJ. Very reliable. I found a great Japanese Auto mechanic in Highland Park, NJ and they are so honest and reliable, that I hardly pay I used to be charged by the toyota dealers. I would avoid dealers once warranty is over.

Toyota Camry 1998 - Owner

by Badcuban from | February 17, 2013

I have a camry 1998, ive been fixing it up and i love it. My car has only 115k miles and runs great. I am doing an all engine tune up also. Making this car great for racing asswell.

Original Owner - reliable for 13 yrs 9 months

by Big T from Denver, Co | January 5, 2013

I bought my Camry LE 4 cycl new in May of 1998. During the first 3 months of the car had a rattle in the roof, which the resolved on the 3 attempt after replacing the insulation in the roof. The Dealer promotion was free oil changes for as lon as I own the car so I've kept up with oil changes, which is probably why the oil plug wore out. Dealer replaced the oil pan and for a reduced price of $140 so that should last for another 13 years. I've reached 110,000 miles and just replaced the timing belt as preventative so I'm not left stranded on one of my frequent road trips. I gave it a tune up at 85,000. other than tires and battery, that's it. Very inexpensive vehicle to maintain and the best car I've every owned. Oh yeah, I'm still waiting for the brakes to show ware.

The Best Car I've Owned

by Toyota Camry FAN from Cary, IL | May 17, 2012

I've had my car since October of 1998. I purchased it with 12K miles on it. It was the best purchase of my life. Other than the normal wear and tear, this car has been the best. Looking to purchase another Camry at this time, but I honestly can't part with my car. I have 283K miles on it now and still running strong. I have looked at other new cars, but keep leaning towards buying another 1998 car with way fewer miles. Maybe I got lucky with my current car, but I don't think I did. I see several 1998 Camry Toyota's on the road now in 2012!

A Good Friend

by A Good Friend from San Diego, CA | January 19, 2012

I've been driving a 1998 Camry 4 LE for almost ten years and the only thing I can say is that this is a very good friend!

It's a Toyota

by Forest from Houston, TX | January 3, 2012

Perhaps the best car I ever had. Far superior than my old Accord. Besides needing new struts and new tires, this car is very reliable. The shape is also very good. Good gas milage and very cold AC system.

Stress Free Driving

by Foreign Car Guy from | March 21, 2011

I've owned this car for about 3 years and it now has over 200,000 miles on it. One thing you will never have driving this car is stress. You never have to worry about it breaking down or costing a lot to repair. Mileage is between 24 city and 33 hwy. You really can't beat that with a stick. Put on some all season tires and through the snow you go. I live in Ohio and we've had some WICKED winters recently. This thing man handled them like a champ. Watch the fluids, rotate the tires and change the oil and you're looking at a quarter million mile car, easily. No it's not fast and it's only sexy if you're frugal, but it will hands down beat ANY American car from the 90's.

Featured Services for this Toyota Camry