1999 Toyota Camry

See Photos & Videos

Overall

LOVE <3

by Camry Gal from | May 28, 2014

Age of a car means nothing with this 1999...I have had this vehicle since highschool....now im in my last year of college. The only major maintenance/ repairs I have had done is oil changes every 3 months, I've only had to replace the brakes once and then I had some front end body work done twice (I got hit in a parking lot) and then another minor wreak. This car has pick up..great gas mileage. I drive a great distance to and from home and college and my car is still rolling. IF I DO DECIDE TO BUY ANOTHER VEHICLE FOR THE HECK OF IT...I WILL NOT SALE OR TRADE IN MY CAMRY. IMMA DRIVE IT UNTIL THE WHEELS FALL OFF.....WHICH IS NO TIME SOON.

Does everything you ask and never complains

by Car Enthusiast from Kansas City, MO | March 14, 2014

This is by far the best car I've had the experience of owning. I was looking for an inexpensive car to get me around for the next year or two. My parents and sister had both previously owned 1998 Camry's and drove them to the edges of the earth so I decided to go ahead and purchase a 99 model knowing it would most likely serve me well. 100 thousand+ miles later the car is at 225,000 and the only unexpected repair has been the replacement of the tie rods. I still keep it clean and in good condition which seems to have rewarded me more than having a newer car with a not so rewarding car payment. PROS: Comfortable, soft (but not Buick floaty) ride, little wind and road noise even at 75mph, a strong V6 engine, 24 mpg combined, 5,000 mile oil changes, very capable in the snow, interior is assembled like a Swiss watch: no rattles or squeaks(panels fit together, imagine that!), nice JBL audio, fully automatic headlights, and peace of mind knowing your car will drive across the country everyday without a sweat. CONS(all minor but worth mentioning): Headlights aren't very bright (even with new lenses and bulbs), some of the small road bumps make it to the cabin, can't turn headlights off without turning the car off, front row vanity lights aren't linked with center dome light when you open the door, sun visors are cheaply made but yet have extendable feature?, didn't come factory with a keyless entry

1999 Camry LE Purchased 12/12 from Amazing car

by Camry Don from New York, MY | September 20, 2013

I purchased the LE Camry 1999 from an elderly couple whowere selling it where it had been garaged and meticulously cared for in all Areas _ did a car fax which was clear and spoke with the mechanic who worked o n the car for many years and he suggested thati shouldn't pass up this offer clean as a whistle 75,000 miles Comfort,space ease at driving quiet handling responsive are attributes - Gas mileage has been exceptional on highways getting bewtee 30 - 33 mpg when I don't have to use AC or heat - I stepped into this great great car which will be lasting quite a while ! Don

Very Dated..

by Khol from DFW, TX | June 11, 2013

I have had my 1999 Camry CE for about a month or so now. It has about 145,000 miles on it. Despite this the engine still runs like new after I replaced the original spark. While the engine run great the handling is not great for highway driving. The shifting is not so great either. The car feels floaty and the steering has no resistance. The seats are not comfortable for long car rides. The car is boxy and it always catches the wind on the highway. If possible I would suggest looking at a different body style ('02 or newer) or even a different car altogether (such as the Honda Accord).

Great car, very reliable

by buzz from Naples, Florida | April 15, 2013

This car is solid, reliable, has a large trunk with the capability of folding down the back seat for longer items and is great of gas.

Well built

by Mike from Nashville, TN | March 2, 2013

I have had 2 Camrys, out of all the top three imports the Cams are my favorite. Never an issue with these cars. I'm driving the 99' currently w/ 152k.

99 Camry LE

by Vic from Baltimore, MD | February 23, 2013

Great car for the price. Chesapeake Auto Buyers was a great company to deal with, and they went the extra mile to satisfy.

Best car!

by Love my 99 Camry from Arizona | December 11, 2012

This car is my first car. Bought it at 175,000 miles. There was only one previous owner of this car, he had all maintenance records provided. I have the LE v6. The ride is super comfortable, and out of all the cars in my family, whenever we go on road trips they insist on taking mine because of the comfort. It's really fast, the gas mileage is pretty good. Overall I love this car. Hopefully I'll have it til it dies.

Great Car

by Sparky from Phoenix, AZ | August 31, 2012

Never had a problem with this car. Great performance, comfort, reliability, and dependable. Original owner and miss my old camry dearly. It handles great, gets great MPG, stylish, and comfortable. Not a better made car on the road. This car will last to atleast 200K miles if not MORE!

Never Dies

by Vinay from Chicago | August 28, 2012

Hi, I bought 1999 Camry LE 4cyl used when it has 106k miles in august 2010 and now it has got 200k on it. I have been driving the car mostly on freeways sometimes I used to drive continously for 15hrs long trips with 1 or 2 breaks just for gas and food. I never hired a car for my long trips. I love to travel in my car and it never let me down. Never invested anything on the car other than general maintainance tyres and brakes and once changed the timing belts and water pump when it has 126k miles. Now its 200k miles and still running great, smooth and solid like a new car. I am going to use this car until it dies. I can say that this is the most reliable car that I have ever seen.

Featured Services for this Toyota Camry