2000 Toyota Camry

Available in 5 styles:  2000 Toyota Camry 4dr Sedan shown

Overall

Best Car Ever!!!

by PC from Northern California | September 4, 2014

Purchased as Certified Used from Dealer in 2003 ~ 60K miles now at 217000 miles and no major issues to report. Other than regular wear parts(Brakes, Belts, Plugs and Tires) the only failure has been a cracked radiator. 70+ mile daily commute gets me about 420 miles to each tank averaging 75-80 MPH

Great Car

by Goangora from AZ | November 2, 2013

We have a 2000 Toyota Camry CE 4 cylinder Automatic. It has 175,000 miles on it. There are only a few things that are not perfect. The hood paint is flaking off, the gas peddle sticks sometimes on acceleration, the arm rests are separating on both sides and part of the underbelly is coming off. We get 26 mpg in the city. It has very fast acceleration if needed. A lot of get up and go power!!

No complaints

by CindyfromCT from Middletown, CT | August 5, 2012

Bought my 2000 six-cyl. Camry LE new in 2001 and drove it about 10k miles per year. I had zero repairs until 2011 when the oxygen sensor failed which cost me about $300, but nothing else. Looking at replacing it with a Lexus next because I want to stick with Toyota but am looking for a little more luxury this time.

Never Had A Single Problem

by Toyota Fan from Rockland County, NY | April 16, 2012

Bought the XLE version new in 2000. Had it ever since. THE best car I ever owned. Aside from maintenance -- which has not been that much -- the car has never needed a mechanical repair. Most parts are still original. Have driven it from New York to Florida more than once and didn't even think about anything going wrong (as with previous cars I've owned).

Toyota Camry, Basically What I Expected

by SadeeqR from Silver Spring, MD | March 7, 2012

I purchased a 2000 Camry through cars.com from a Virginia resident. I was able to negotiate a lower sales price than that requested on line, but I also had to put close to $1,000 into the car to pass inspection. SInce getting the car a few months back, it's been a reliable, no-frills vehicle that I thought would get better mileage, though it's basically about 20 mpg in mostly city driving. Sometimes I wish I had gone for the used convertible I looked at, but I think I got good value for my money.

Most reliable car ever

by Kylie from Illinois | July 28, 2011

I've had my Toyota camry LE for 3 years now and she has about 140,000 miles on her now and she is still runing strong. My car is more reliable than any of my friends fords and Chevys. She even runs better than my parents gmc and it's years newer than my Toyota. I've never had a single problem with this car.

camry saves a lot of money

by symbol from SF | February 14, 2011

I bought this car 3 years ago. this car is the most effective car I have ever drove!! MPG combined is about 25, don't need to worried about fixation or repair cost like other cars such as ford or hyundai. Very reliable! My car has already 150K on it, and it still function very well, doesn't have any transmission or engine problems! Choose this car and you are rid of troubles!!

Reliable Car

by T from College Park | November 13, 2010

I have a 2000 camry ce manual with 166k miles on it. I havent had any issues with this car and the car still runs strong with this kind of mileage. Only thing i do is the regular 3k oil change and the car runs exceptionally well for its high mileage. Also i want to say the car gives me about 500 miles to the full tank which is really great! I use this car primarly to commute to work since i dirve about 70 miles a day. I have a lexus gs 430 also which gives me about 260 miles to the full tank and thats the reason i went ahead and bought the camry. Camry had 150k miles on it when i purhcased it and i wasnt sure if i did the right thing since it had high mileage and now 16k miles later i know i made the right choice with the camry!! Great, exceptional, reliable car!

Exceptional car

by Jason from Morristown, NJ | September 11, 2010

This car is very reliable and dependable. You can't get more value for your money than with the Toyota Camry.

The best car I've owned

by Chris55 from Madison, WI | February 24, 2010

I have had this 2000 for 80,000 miles. I have had zero problems with the car. After 10 years the engine does not burn oil, the paint still exterior paint looks shines, the interior is still in great shape. All I have had to do is regular maintenace. Also, my girlfriend has 150,000 miles on her car and it still runs good, she is having some issues with the outside paint. I also have the 194 hp v6 that is powerful enough to get you around. Gas mileage is 21-28 mpg This Camry year is the one that Toyota built their good reliability reputation on. Unfortunately, they have a tarnished image now because of the recalls. Don't that effect your decision to buy an older Toyota for an excellent price used.

Featured Services for this Toyota Camry