2001 Toyota Camry

Available in 5 styles:  2001 Toyota Camry 4dr Sedan shown

Overall

2001 Toyota Camry LE

by Just a College Kid from Cumming, GA | April 7, 2013

My Camry, while not exciting in the least, is incredibly reliable. It's built like a tank - I bought mine at 142,000 miles and have since put on about 8,000 mostly highway miles. On the highway, where I spend most of my time, the car is relatively quiet, very comfortable, and gets decent gas mileage (the worst highway mpg I recorded was 28, the highest 35, but it usually averages between 29 and 30). Around town, the four-cylinder has plenty of pep from a stoplight, but the city gas mileage is quite disappointing. The ride is very isolated and the steering is light, but it is easy to place the four corners of the cars in parking lots and on highways. The Camry is basic transportation at its best - affordable, safe, and reliable for anyone of all ages. As a college student, I might want for something with more emotional appeal, but it satisfies every rationale for purchasing a vehicle.

One owner GEM.

by Car Guy from Hammond, LA | January 5, 2013

We just bought this car from the original owner. The car was obviously well taken care of and babied by the nice older lady who owned the car. Timing belt had already been changed out and a new radiator was installed. She even gave us all the receipts. Runs and drives like new. My daughter in law should get a lot of use out of this car as she enters graduate school. I've been looking for a car like this for at least 3 months. Once in awhile, if you remain patient, you can find a GEM.

Another Great Toyota Family Car

by BobC from Victoria British Columbia Canada | December 30, 2012

I am in the mist of purchasing a 2001 Toyota Camry CE. If this car performes as good as my 1989 Camry,which I still have and use it as a run around car. This car has never let me down, it is the Toyota way. I love the 4 cylinder engines which are good on gas, and easy to work on if you are a do it yourselfer. I will be happy with the simple but attractive dash and controls. The trunk is very roomy and well laid out. BobC

good intil something goes wrong

by pleased but not satisified from colorado | December 21, 2012

I bought my camry when it had 60,000 miles on it i loved it but then the shop guys told me that they would have to pull the engine to fix it that will cost around 2k to do. I am looking to trade in this car soon but I love it even though this is the only trouble it has ever given me they said they last forever but once they break down its alot of money to fix

Camry LE V6

by ownfor11yrs from AZ | June 18, 2012

I bought this car new from dealership. I brought it to dealership for maintainance regularly. Right after the 3 yr warranty, the visor cover broke, one after the other. The air-recycle button would not response. I had to hit it several times to engage. CD player skipped after 5 yrs with occasional use. The engine mounts broke twice. Around the 10th year, right after 110K, the emission control between the trunk and the gas tank failed, cost me $800 to fix. I did mostly city driving and weekend high-way driving (average around 12K/yr). Right after that, the wiring in the trunk where it went to rear brake light and stuff broke, costing +100 to fix and rerun wiring from the steering wheel to the back. Now, at 115K, the mechanic said that the inner rod end cover broke, cost around 1K to replace the whole thing; the engine block cover is leaking, costing around 1K to replace the seal.

Pls get in touch when u have a fairly used camry.

by Strong and Reliable car from Lagos,Nigeria | September 20, 2011

Toyota camry has been most reliable and dependab;le to me.l prefer it all the time.Kindly make ur words a promise on this matter.

Excellent car that will keep running

by Toyota believer from Reno, NV | August 17, 2011

I purchased my car new from the dealer with 2,000 miles. It was their demo car. It doesn't have a ton of options as the new cars have, but it is a great car. I have over 110,000 miles and no major problems. I have had two minor repairs. One was the gas tank latch would not open with the latch inside the car and the 2nd problem with the starter because of how heavy my keys were. The repairs were minimal cost. The dealer treats me great and they've never charged me more than they should. I have changed the oil every 3,000 miles, done the scheduled maintenance and have had the breaks done once. Right now there are some squeeks with the brakes ocassionally and a warning light that has been on for months about the tail light above the trunk. Now that it's 10 years old, it feels a little bumpy when riding, but not excessive. I own the V-6 and the gas mileage is about 20mpg on average. Not the greatest for a car. One downside of this vehicle is how low it is to the ground. Often times if you don't judge the distance of the curb in front of you when parking, you will scrape the underside of the front part of the car. The second downside is the cost for car insuance. I pay as much for car insurance for a 10 year old car as we do for a 6 year old 4x4 truck 3-4 times the value of the Camry. The reason is, is the theft of these vehicles. The amount I save in car repairs more than makes up for the additional cost for car insurance. You truely won't be taking your car in for many repairs. The trunk is very large and you can fit a ton of luggage in it. It is truely the best car I've had and having it now for 10 years has been a dream. It has never broke down or caused me any heartburn. I highly recommend a new or used Toyota Camry.

my first car

by 7age from fremont | August 1, 2011

its a very good looking reliable car, comfortable, kinda crazy around the corners, braking is fantastic

worst car ever

by last Toyota from cedar rapids,ia | April 17, 2011

I keep hearing buy Toyota ? Why this is my 2nd Toyota 1st was 97 got to 95k and I take to dealer all the time, I drive it easy im not a young kid, now under pressure from the dealer I traded for 02 new and 1st 20k it was a great car, until 22,000 Trany fluid all over my garage, under warranty in shop over 10-days they had to get part from Japan did not stock it, at 35l Water Pump, at 42k Timimg belt, at 56 air quit, at 69 electrical issue, at 72,581 miles I took to to my local GM dealer and got a better car, this will be my last import and last over rated Toyota

Beat Midsize Car I Ever Owned

by Camry Charlie from Fairdale, Ky. | March 23, 2011

My Camry is just what I needed. It's good looking, it's gets good gas mileage, it's reliable, and I would reccommend a Camry to anyone.

Featured Services for this Toyota Camry