2002 Toyota Camry

See Photos & Videos

Overall

o2 Camry XLE-Most Reliable Car I've Owned

by monkey girl from St Louis, Mo | March 20, 2014

I bought my Camry in 8-2001 because I needed to drive far away and my 95 Camry had 270,000 miles on it. So I went to the Toyota Dealership with my 13 year old son and bought a new Camry while my husband was in California on business. It's been driven out of state for soccer tournaments 10 times in the past. It's been the best Camry that I've ever owned. I have 261,000 miles on it now and it's still going good. Of course I've had some replacement parts done by my son mostly. Just minor things that start going bad with cars with lots of miles on them. Most of the miles are highway ones. I love my Camry's!!!!!!! Plan to buy another one in 2-3 years. My oldest son wants me to buy a Honda Accord next because he worked as a mechanic at a Honda Dealership and I said NO! I don't like Honda's! Camry's are the best!!!!

Fantastic car

by Jesse from Phillipsburg nj | December 7, 2013

Bought a used 2002 v6 XLE with 65000 miles a year ago. Simply can't beat the reliability of this car. My wife's 1997 Camry just rolled past 365k miles....with not one major issue in over 12 years. The 1997s through 2002 have the same engine and tranny combo. I have no doubt that I will EASILY get over 250k miles with this 2002. And btw my 1997 is STILL on the original timing belt although I do inspect it . So far the 2002 is by far the most reliable car that I ever owned,,

The Most Perfect Boring Car You Will Ever Own

by Camryman from Sacramento, CA | September 3, 2013

I purchased my 2002 Toyota Camry LE V6 three and a half years ago with only 20,000 miles on it (very low miles for an 8 year old vehicle) and could not be happier. It now has 70,000 miles on it and the only thing that has needed to be replaced is the battery and tires. I have a round trip commute of 100 miles a day for work and usually average about 29 miles per gallon, even with the V6. The car is extremely quiet and the engine runs so smoothly that I sometimes have to look at the tachometer to make sure the car is on. Lots of room inside for 5 people and the trunk is enormous. Visibility is excellent and all controls are easy to use. It is also the most boring transportation appliance you can ever own. Ride is very soft and comfortable, but handling is horrible. Lots of body lean and no fun to drive at all. If you are looking for a reliable and comfortable sedan, the Camry is an excellent choice. However, if you want to enjoy the driving experience, not a good choice.

Great car, fabulous deal!

by Car buyer from Seattle WA | January 30, 2012

I love this car. For a 10 year old car it is has held up very well. It runs beautifully and is very comfortable. The trunk is enormous. The inside is very roomy.

Good third car

by familyguy from St. Louis, MO | December 19, 2011

This is a good third car. I bought this car as a daily commuter to replace a HD pickup truck. I average around 28mpg. I am 6'1" and it has adequate leg room but not much extra. Interior layout is basic.

Awesome Car

by Big Fan from WI | October 4, 2011

I purchased a 2002 Camry with 19k miles on it that same year. I still own this car as of today 10/2011 and it has 286,000 miles on it. I average about 32mpg when I got it, now average about 29mpg. I beat this car up pretty good, change oil about every 5k miles, spark plug once, coolent once, gone through 2 sets of brake pads/shoes, 5 sets of tires, 4 batteries and 1 timing belt. Front wheel drive, awesome in WI winter. I travel about 700 miles a week and never worry about reliabiltiy. Still runs better then my BMW 528. If you want reliability, decent gas milage, roomy inside and trunk space, this is the car. I hope to buy a new one when this one dies, but it'll probably go til 400,000 miles.

toyota qualtiy at its best

by TOYOTA/LEXUS LOVER from miami, FL | February 25, 2011

I bought this car back in january of 2002. That was 9 years ago and i still drive it today. It has over 60,000 original mile and have never had any mechanical or interior/exterior problems with it. All I have done was change the oil, the tires and the sdpark plugs. Thats it. its cheap to maintain, fuel efficent, spacious, and reliable. Its because of this car that i decided to buy a 2010 lexus ES350. if i have to buy another camry in the future i will do it in a heart beat because i know i am buying a good quality product.

my first car

by b.a.t from Stafford, TX USA | February 12, 2010

this was my first car i still own it i didnt trade it in i kept because its such a great car i got tyhe V6 with the upgrade pack had everything except a sunroof at first i thought a camry had no power and wasnt all that but i got behind the wheel and had a drive it was too good i did buy it used it wasnt certified but guess what its still running and it flys lots of power it has over 100K miles and ive had my moneys worth out of it and guess what the value held up too good i was offered about half of what i paid for after all these miles and it shows how it held up its value. I LOVE MY CAMRY

still running well

by A2RN from Ann Arbor | November 10, 2009

While I have only 61,000 miles on my Camry, I have done only routine maintenance until a month ago. At that time I had work on the exhaust system which I chalk up to Michigan winters and salt. The local rodent population also likes my car: found 2 nests and some nuts in the air intake and air filter. I don't expect this to recur; in the winter the mice live in my attic.

Great First Car

by Reliableismymiddlename from New Berlin, WI | September 25, 2009

This is a great car for anyone to learn how to drive, like myself. I couldn't have picked a better car to start my driving carrer on. The easy handling is matched by the great comfort of the interior. It feels as though the driver is still within his comfortable bed which puts him at ease as he learns to drive. Although this is a very simple car to understand, it also has the feel of a very complex car. The sound system is incredible. It makes one feel as though everyone can only hear them and they control the road. With this cars easy handling, comfortable interior and great features including the sound system, i could not jave imagined myself in any other car for my first driving lessons.