2012 Toyota Camry

Available in 7 styles:  2012 Toyota Camry 4dr Sedan shown

Overall

2012 Toyota Camry SE Pros and Cons

by Turtle from Frankfort KY | September 1, 2014

Pros: I like the design of the exterior. I like the amount of interior room for carrying myself, my husband and two children (but don't even try to squish a large dog in the mix) The trunk has adequate room for all of our stuff. I like the reliability. We have put 50,000 miles (25,000 per year) thus far on our Camry and no problems whatsoever. Considering how hard I drive a car, this is impressive. It has pretty good pick up and braking is not an issue. We have enough cup holders...I know this is a little thing, but not having enough cup holders is the most irritating thing on earth. Cons: My biggest issue with this car is the wind noise...not road noise but wind noise. I swear to you on the interstate it is hard to carry on a conversation with anyone else in the car. New tires did not help in the least. I have learned that how quite someone thinks a car is depends on what the person drove beforehand, but in my opinion...wind noise is something to look for if you are testing driving a Camry. Keep in mind I drove more of a luxury vehicle before this Camry, but nonetheless, I would not consider the ride all that comfortable. The ride around town is fine but a long trip is exhausting. The interior leaves something to be desired. Although it has a lot of gadgetry, none of it is really impressive. I hate the "soft-tex" trimmed seats and the dash looks like plastic to me. It averages about 30 mpg with driving on about 25% interstate and 75% subdivision roads and local highways. The best mpg we ever got was during an 800 mile trip (all interstate) during which we averaged about 40 mpg. In total, it is serving its purpose. It is a very reliable vehicle for running my children around town while getting acceptable gas mileage.

Camrys are good

by florestine from San Ramon, CA | July 26, 2014

This is my second Camry. Drove the first one for 15 years. The interior is rather cheap looking but functional. Ride is good and so far all is working. Radio is mediocre and hard to use. Driver seat has good lumbar support. Bought the 2012 with 15k miles on it. Tried the 2011 and felt it was sluggish and the accelerator pedal was funky. The 2012 seems to be an around good driving machine but don't expect excitement.

scratch

by From kiki from | July 24, 2014

It's not too bad to use Camry this year from my test drive it's feel ok.But I don't like color of Camry car and it has scratch easy.

BEST CAR EVER

by ELISA from CHICAGO,IL | June 16, 2014

I JUST PURCHASED THIS VEHICLE ON SATURDAY AND I'M SO VERY PLEASED WITH MY PURCHASE. THE BODY STYLE I LOVE, THE WAY IT RIDES I LOVE, THIS IS THE BEST CHOICE I'VE MADE AS FAR AS PURCHASING A VEHICLE,.....

Used Camry SE 2012

by AlboK from Scottsdale, Arizona | May 14, 2014

Bought privately with 33k in Arizona where pay NO sales tax, and no dealer mark ups, saved thousands! Car is so smooth and quite, rides great, only problem is front seats are narrow and i'm 6.2 so a little uncomfortable, otherwise what a great bargain and reliable, if you get a model with the Michline tires is makes a huge ride difference. Wife had Honda Accord, worst stereo's in their cars, Camry much better. Handles well too with sport mode.

Camry 2012

by Karlobass from Los Angeles, CA | April 18, 2014

This is the worst I ever drove so far. If you deciding between honda or toyota then my recomendation Honda. I had honda accord 2003 for 10 years till 2013 and then decided to get toyota. Got it new and regret. Wish I go back and never buy it.

First time car buyer, very pleased

by Tina from Rochester, MN | April 8, 2014

This was my first purchased car and I couldn't be happier. I have the XLE and has all the features I wanted in a car for an affordable price. The only downside is my previous car was a V6 so I do really notice the difference when speeding up and driving up hills, but if really hit the gas it has some good pickup. Great gas milage too.

Unhappy keyless entry

by Not sure I'm camry from Ridgecrest, Ca. | March 27, 2014

I bought a 2011 camry 3 1/2 yrs ago. Very happy the first year. The car handles well, great gas mpg. The cruse`controll does not work when going down a steep hill. The weather stripping around the door is cheap, lets air in while driving on hwy. and is noisey. After the first year our keyless entry was not working in openning the door and starting the car. Didn't act up every time but often enough to become annoying. Taking the car to the dealer, they didn't know why it was doing this and have to this day have not been able to make it right. IS THERE ANYONE ELSE OUT THERE THAT IS HAVING THIS PROBLEM?

Love this car!

by Kiks from Mesa, AZ | January 20, 2014

I love my new pre-owned camry! The ride is smooth and the gas mileage is great! The gas tank is pretty big but I like it for when I take vacations less fuel up!

Good car - 2012 Toyota Camry LE

by Chip from Bay City, MI | December 29, 2013

Researched for a reliable, safe family car with better gas mileage. I bought this with 19K miles and am quite pleased with the handling - believe it or not, but my teenaged sons really like the car since I had traded in my Toyota Sequoia for this. I like the feedback from the steering and the braking. The ride is quiet and smooth until I drive on a bumpy road - rough ride then. The seats are somewhat comfortable but not great; I guess I'm used to the cushy Sequoia seats. The interior is attractive, and I'm impressed with the LE version of the audio touch screen - my kids love it. I did not like the new appearance of the 2012 model, but it's growing on me. I'm pretty comfortable with the reliability of the car since I've owned many Toyotas; however, even after all of the safety research I did, I just discovered that IIHS gave a new test to this model (small overlap) and was rated poorly for that. Overall, the car is still rated IIHS Top Safety Pick, but did not make it to the Plus rating. I'm not very comfortable with that "stain" on the Camry record.