2012 Toyota Camry

Kelley Blue Book Retail

Est. MPG

See Photos & Videos

Overall

First time car buyer, very pleased

by Tina from Rochester, MN | April 8, 2014

This was my first purchased car and I couldn't be happier. I have the XLE and has all the features I wanted in a car for an affordable price. The only downside is my previous car was a V6 so I do really notice the difference when speeding up and driving up hills, but if really hit the gas it has some good pickup. Great gas milage too.

Unhappy keyless entry

by Not sure I'm camry from Ridgecrest, Ca. | March 27, 2014

I bought a 2011 camry 3 1/2 yrs ago. Very happy the first year. The car handles well, great gas mpg. The cruse`controll does not work when going down a steep hill. The weather stripping around the door is cheap, lets air in while driving on hwy. and is noisey. After the first year our keyless entry was not working in openning the door and starting the car. Didn't act up every time but often enough to become annoying. Taking the car to the dealer, they didn't know why it was doing this and have to this day have not been able to make it right. IS THERE ANYONE ELSE OUT THERE THAT IS HAVING THIS PROBLEM?

Love this car!

by Kiks from Mesa, AZ | January 20, 2014

I love my new pre-owned camry! The ride is smooth and the gas mileage is great! The gas tank is pretty big but I like it for when I take vacations less fuel up!

Good car - 2012 Toyota Camry LE

by Chip from Bay City, MI | December 29, 2013

Researched for a reliable, safe family car with better gas mileage. I bought this with 19K miles and am quite pleased with the handling - believe it or not, but my teenaged sons really like the car since I had traded in my Toyota Sequoia for this. I like the feedback from the steering and the braking. The ride is quiet and smooth until I drive on a bumpy road - rough ride then. The seats are somewhat comfortable but not great; I guess I'm used to the cushy Sequoia seats. The interior is attractive, and I'm impressed with the LE version of the audio touch screen - my kids love it. I did not like the new appearance of the 2012 model, but it's growing on me. I'm pretty comfortable with the reliability of the car since I've owned many Toyotas; however, even after all of the safety research I did, I just discovered that IIHS gave a new test to this model (small overlap) and was rated poorly for that. Overall, the car is still rated IIHS Top Safety Pick, but did not make it to the Plus rating. I'm not very comfortable with that "stain" on the Camry record.

not bad for a Camry

by sports car enthusiast from phladelphia | December 15, 2013

I know a nice car when i drive one. Its nice! the v6 offers a nice powerful motor, BUT i didnt know it was a V6 till i looked at the motor after the drive. It didnt make me 100% possitive for being a V6 but i said to myself "dam this is one powerful 4 cylinder if it is" i thought there was a possibility toyota stepped it up with their 4 cylinder power...but nope. The suspension is nothing special, if i owned this car i would put a sport suspension on it, the car is anything but tight handled. steering is looser than i expect with such a motor then again im used to nissans. Nothing like a Nissan....or a honda. Try it though, many airbags and safety features. Great family sedan but If you dont plan on putting upgrades on this car i suggest you stick with 4 cylinder dont waste your time and money on a v6 unless your a sporty driver who races.

Beware of Rattles in Dash!

by First Time Toyota Buyer from Orlando FL | December 14, 2013

I purchased a brand new 2013 LE Camry in September 2013, and I love driving the car. But I never thought to check any forums on rattles in the cabin, as this is a baby Lexus, right? I live in Florida and the car had zero rattles in the dash until the temperature started getting cooler (from the 80's and 90's in September/October to the 60' and 70's in November). I then noticed a buzz while freeway driving near the top center of the dash, and it appears to be where the leather covered dash meets the hard CHEAP plastic center cover that houses the light sensor and clock/computer radio interface. If you tap the palm of your hand in the dash, you can hear hard plastic/wires(???) rattle and buzz. The car appeared to be quite solid when new, and I am now considering contacting the dealer to have the upper dash re-installed after wrapping or padding whatever is rubbing against the dash. It almost appears they forgot to secure or wrap padding on plastic parts, as this certainly shouldn't be the case. It appears that the different typed of plastic used in the dash expand and contract at different rates while the temperature changes. When it is HOT outside, no rattles. Now, Rattles.

I Love Camrys

by Yama from | October 22, 2013

Great car. Sold my '07 to my son, then bought a used 2012 model. Thanks, Larry, our sales associate who was very helpfu.

not reliable

by disappointed from Reading, PA | September 29, 2013

we own a Camry that has 87,000 miles on it and had to rebuild the engine. Toyota and the dealership said that was unusual but refused to do anything about it.

REVAS MIND

by REVA from NJ | September 9, 2013

The Camry has a nice drive.However,there seems to be all sorts of issues with the interior causing rattling and creaking noise.

NOT what i spected on the mpg 2013 XLE HYBRYD

by fred from los angeles ca | August 20, 2013

Nice,confortable,but it is not what it I Espected on the mpg, it makes only 29miles on the city or in the highway i had paid $35k for this car, but toyota is cheating customers when they said, car makes 38-40mpg,not matter how you drive easy,slow or fast you won't be able to make more than 29mpg not recomend any one to buy hybrid, buy a regular le or xle you will save more money . DON'T BUY HIBRYD NEW BUY REGULAR LE OR XLE !!!