2013 Toyota Camry

Available in 6 styles:  2013 Toyota Camry 4dr Sedan shown

Overall

Most uncomfortable car !

by Car Enthusiast from Louisiana | May 18, 2015

I bought a 2013 Camry XLE in Nov 2014. IT is the most uncomfortable car I have ever owned. IT was to the point where the car was completely undriveable due to the discomfort. I have had Fords, and a Toyota Corolla over the years, but this car is by far the most uncomfortable car I have ever had ! I had no problems before this car, but this car contributed to back pain and spasms. I decided to trade it in for a '15 Honda Accord. It is the best decision I have ever made. I will NEVER buy another Toyota!

I love my new Camry (2013)

by Angel from Mableton , Georgia | May 7, 2015

I just bought a new 2013 Camry and I LOVE...... it! It's all I need. It's a great car and very fun to drive. I am so satisfied. I know the resale value is good but I doubt ever getting rid of it.

Uncomfortable Seats

by Need a solution..... from Illinois | April 27, 2015

I too have had the same experience with the seats being very uncomfortable in our 2013 Toyota Camry SE. They aren't just uncomfortable......they are unbearable to the point I thinking about selling this car and cutting my loses. Any suggestions for correcting the seat problems before I make this jump to another vehicle?

Expectation Management

by E from San Antonio, TX | January 22, 2015

Overall, I love my 2013 Camry SE. Some people leaving negative comments need some expectation management. The Camry is not a comfortable luxury car. If you want that, buy a Volvo, Lexus, Mercedes, or Jaguar. I bought it because I knew it would last forever and hold it's value. I admit the drivers seat is uncomfortable for longer trips, but that's a trade off I'm willing to take. Also, it was never meant to be a performance car either. I've owned a couple of BMWs in the past, to include a 2011 335diesel, and have maxed out their performance and it was a lot of fun. The Camry does however have a surprisingly strong and smooth 4cyl engine. But once again, I'm willing to take that trade off. The Camry SE handles like a boat by the way. Don't buy the Camry if you enjoy comfort or performance, but if you want a good overall mid sized sedan that will last you 200,000 miles and give you a good resale value go for it.

Need a Chiropractic due to car

by roblyn from Ocean County, NJ | October 9, 2014

I purchased a Toyota Camry SE four weeks ago; the car just hit 1000 miles. My previous car was a Dodge Charger. At first I though my problems with the Camry were due to the adjustment of going from a full size car to a midsize. 1000 miles later I can say I simply despise this car. The seats are so uncomfortable that I am now experiencing muscle spasms in my back. I drive 60 miles per day and I simply can't wait to get out of this car at the end of the day. I will need to rent a car to visit family in other states as there is no way I can sit in this car for that long. Aside from the uncomfortable seats, the car does feel very cheap on the interior. I really wish I rented the car prior to purchasing it; a ten minute test drive is simply not enough time to make a decision. I did get a great deal on the car, but the money I saved will be spent at the Chiropractor. The seat is so bad I am actually looking to see if I can have it replaced.

Fromfeeling..

by I feel.. from | July 24, 2014

I feel Camry this year is not good enough to own it from my test drive but interior design was pretty good.In any way Camry this year is make me feel bad to use it in daily life.

Toyota slipping???

by paragon from Iowa | June 7, 2014

Over the years we have bought 2 brand new Corollas and this will be our 3rd brand new Camry. Bought this new in 2013, bought the SE model, and noticed on this first long trip the front seats are brutally uncomfortable. We now actually choose to rent a car when we go on trips over 4 hours - this car is simply too uncomfortable for long trips. Even an hour trip is not pleasant. The touch screen radio in the day time is an absolute joke. You cannot see the screen on the highest setting and whoever designed this should be demoted to janitor and stripped of their professional engineering license -- assuming they have one of course. Otherwise, great car. Overall disappointed considering this is our 5th brand new Toyota. John - Iowa

solid as a rock

by scotty too hotty from red lion pa | May 16, 2014

I owned this 2013 Camry SE for about a year, I drive it on weekends and on long trips. I love this car, all of my expectations are being met or exceeded. The only gripe I have is some of the plastics in the interior appears to be very cheap. I love the Toyota care experience at the dealership.

New Camry has design flaws especially in SE model

by Chetan Camry SE (redesigned current generation'12) from WOODBURY, MN | April 15, 2014

New redesigned Camry (current generation) has design flaws especially in SE model I own the 2012 Toyota Camry SE 4 cylinder model & I regret buying the Camry & that too SE model in specific. If one is buying Camry then suggest read my below review & especially for SE version think twice because of experience on below issues. My below issues are exactly not defects but design flaws which even NHTSA will not force Toyota to resolve. Please note that mine is single driver car & I use it smoothly & always maintain it more than what it requires. 1) SE model steering is unusually stiff & steering ratio is not correct & steering makes some gusss gusss sound... I do understand the SE is sports edition & hence steering is stiff. Firstly if you hear carefully then one can hear the mechanical gusss gusss sound on steering wheel rotation when taking off initially. This kind of gusss gusss mechanical sound is not there even in Elantra sports edition which is also sports steering. On top of it being mechanically stiff rather than motorized stiff and not smooth, it has another big problem. Usually all stiff sports tuned steering require shorter steering wheel rotation but this one is opposite. It requires more rotation unlike other sports editions like in Accord or Sonata. Just imagine what it means to driving daily? Toyota didn't design the components & steering ratio properly for SE. One will not notice this in one test drive but definitely after couple of test drives or after owning it like me. 2) SE model suspension doesn't absorb all the bumps and more over slightest of tiny pot holes are also transferred into the cabin. I understand the SE is sports tuned & slightly 15% stiffer than regular Camry but that doesn't mean it should be designed badly? Even the slightest road irregularities like very tiny pot holes, a slight 5 mm thick line on the road / even some cases road markings (white/yellow paints) are all translated into the cabin with a noise & feel as well. Is this the price you pay for $28,000 car? No way you can compare this with Sports edition of of Sonata & Accord. 3) SE model road noise is too much. I previously owned 2007 Sonata GLS & even in year 2012 its cabin & suspension sound was quite & smooth. But this 2012 Camry SE makes huge amount of Road noise & sometimes suspension sound too. I think what happened was for SE, Toyota made the suspension 15% strong & put the larger tires but failed to redesign the sound absorption/sound deadening accordingly. Other than Camry SE model this issue is not there on L, LE models. I can confirm that. 4) Ergonomics & Build Quality - Vibration issues, Windshield Glare, missing attention to details on all Camry models. I ask the readers to just do one simple test & Camry will fail instantly. Put all the Accord, Camry and Sonata in parking mode try to feel the vibrations through steering & gear knob. In Camry one can easily feel the steering wheel vibration and even the car vibrations too which new Sonata and Accord and Passat do very well. Next Camry leaves lot of dashboard glare on to the windshield especially during bright/sunlight conditions. Next let’s go to Camry instrument cluster. To save cost Toyota have provided 2 push sticks to change instrument cluster settings like display, brightness, Avg Consumption etc. But that push stick control design is so poor that it lets in the dust into the cluster directly. This in contrast to 2013 Accord/CRV they also have done the same thing but with difference that, they have insulated to make sure no dust/water goes inside the instrument cluster (dust/water proofing). There are other issues too like power windows operation/feel is not as smooth as Passat and here Passat feels like built to last. Will never buy Toyota again & if anybody finds faults/wrongs with whatever I told then let me know, I can prove that I am correct in whatever I told above. Thanks, Chetan V Shirol

Honest review on 2013 Toyota Camry XLE - 4 cyl

by Rancho from Charllotte,nc | April 5, 2014

Purchased as brand new in 2013 and drove about 15 K miles as of today. Drove and researched several others before settling on Camry. Owned other brands ( Mitsubishi, Honda, Kia) in past. Pros: Smooth ride, comfortable, great interior, quiet inside, reliable. Decent on gas ( 27-28 mpg in mixed driving), 4 cylinder is good. Rear seat is roomy enough to fit 2 car seats & adult can sit in. Cons: Looks are not good, tail lights are ugly ( atleast of guy in thirties ...lol)