We've given this page a whole new look

View the new design

2014 Toyota Camry

2014 Toyota Camry
Available in 14 styles:  2014 Toyota Camry 4dr Sedan shown

Overall

First car, no regrets!

by Pio from NJ | June 13, 2016

This is my first car purchase and I couldn't be happier. I looked at a lot of other cars before settling on this one. What I liked the most was the style and design of the car. I like the color which is a navy blue with a light interior and dark almost wooden looking features. The odometer is also a turquoise and lime green color which I really liked instead of your average red. I was very hesitant at first since I have been used to driving around in SUVs to start using a car especially because this European style cars are all so low in the front and I was afraid I would be bumping into everything totally not the case! The back up camera is an amazing feature! I just wish it had GPS because it shows me the traffic on the screen but not GPS it is weird. Nevertheless great purchase!

Really fast couch

by Practical, but wish I wasn't from PA | April 28, 2016

I've been driving since I was 14, and owned a car since I was 16. I've owned 15 cars, 13 of which have had manual transmissions. When I turned 50, I bought an automatic, and after 3 months it bored me so I gave it to my kid and bought another manual. Now I'm 55, and decided I was ready to try an automatic again. I wanted something really fast, with very good milage and reliability, but was like...a couch. I cross shopped an Accord V-6, Mazda 6, and the Camry V-6. The Honda is nice, but I didn't care for the ergonomics, and the Camry has been beating it lately in reliability. The Mazda has great handling dynamics, but the 4 cylinder engine doesn't touch the V-6 engines of either the Accord or the Camry. So I got a Camry, 2014 (and a half). It's the SE (Sports model) with nav, back up camera, JBL stereo, leather, heated seats, etc. The SE model handles better than regular Camrys. You aren't going to win a race in the twisties against a Miatta (I've owned one of those, too), but it isn't bad. On the highway, it's a blast. I can be cruising along at 70, floor it, and it goes MUCH faster. Granted, it isn't going to beat a late model Mustang or Camaro, but it has more power than 85% of the cars on the road. As it's a Camry, you could drive through a parade and no one will be able to identify it. The styling is pretty bland, which is ok in terms of cops, but I'm quit pleased with the internal space. Nice, comfortable seats (I wanted a couch and got one), plenty of room, and everything is where I want it to be. It has one of the best electronic interfaces I've encountered in a modern vehicle. Everything is intuitive, there aren't a ton of buttons, and everything works as it should. I'm really funny about mileage. I want to go fast and not pay for it. Audis and BMWs are sportier, but they take premium gas, and generally, don't get great mileage. Lord knows they aren't as reliable as Toyotas. I am constantly calculating my mileage, and calculate what I get out of every tank. Thus far, I'm averaging between 28 and 31 MPG. I drive fast, but I rarely floor it. And when I got to pass someone, I have total confidence I've got the power to do it. I bought it used, with rather high miles (43K) for a 2014, but it's Toyota certified, so I have 12K or 12 months bumper to bumper and 100K on the drivetrain. I got a good deal, according to my bank, so I'm happy.

It's not worth it

by John from Roslyn NY | February 5, 2016

I bought a used 2014 Camry SE that had 42500 miles 2 days ago... Test drive it went ok, but roads in Queens NY are so bad that you can't tell the difference of a road noise or of the car. With the worker handling and detailing the cars in the car kept telling me how reliable the Camry has been and how good the car is, I bought it. I drove it for two days on highways and smooth roads... but the car is quite disappointing. The ride is NOT comfortable, load noise heard even on perfectly smooth roads, suspension in rear is hard--feels like no suspension at all, little potholes would cause hard landing in the back--driving me nuts, also heard strange noise in the back--strange enough I had to pull over to check for objects in the back seat and the trunk--twice already but there was nothing there!! Rain drops were heard so loud it's like having aluminium roof houses in Asia!! Other than the noise and discomfort bumpy rides, the power seems sufficient (I'm using mid grade gas 89 Octane, never try the regular 87 yet), the steering seems a little heavy and limited range (as compared to European cars) but quite precise, quite reliable so far no breakdown yet, engine feels smooth from acceleration, gas mileage 21 not excellent but I can live with it. Overall it's my first Toyota and I'm NOT very happy with it.

2014.5 CAMRY RATTLING SOUNDS

by Less than enthusiastic Camry owner from Cleveland, OH | January 27, 2016

I agree with Williams from Santa Barbara | May 3, 2015 review of the 2014.5 Camry. I too, am experiencing the same rattling sound and was told it is due to a seat belt weight issue in the rear seat. I had a go around with Toyota Corporation and was told that Toyota is not calling it a defect but a "CHARACTERISTIC" of the car. It's annoying as all get out.

Don't lease or buy one, it's rubish!

by sorry to have leased it from Phoenix, Az | December 16, 2015

I've logged 17,000 miles, the good point is Toyota does the maintenance It's loud, wind noise from leaking doors and windows. Gas millage is poor for a 4 cylinder. Power with the air conditioning on fell like 90 horsepower tops. The hvac system makes so much noise, the voice command doesn't work with the air on. It's doesn't track in a straight line going down the road, I noticed Rav4's suffer from the same problem. The windshield breaks into a star every time a pebble hits it. I have 3 stars, and a crack going across the rearview mirror. The paint is razor thin, and orange peeled texture, how can it be both? The drivers seat bottom leaves your legs numb after a 20 minute drive. My took it one day, and refuses to get it in ever again, The speedometer is 3-4 mpg fast, so real gas millage is not what toyota claims. The rear window defroster takes like 10 minutes to defrost the window.

MY SECOND TOYOTA CAMRY

by BARBERJOHN from LAKEVIEW, OHIO | November 13, 2015

I HAD A 2011 CAMRY, AND ABOUT A YEAR AGO AND 60,000 MILES I TRADED FOR A 2014 CAMRY. I JUST HAD A 15,000 MILE CHECK AND SO FAR EVERYTHING HAS BEEN FINE. THIS CAR GETS BETTER GAS MILEAGE AND SEEMS A LITTLE BETTER THAN THE 2011. IT MAY NOT RIDE QUITE AS GOOD BUT THAT MAY BE THE FIRESTONE TIRES VERSES MICHELENS. I AM VERY HAPPY WITH THIS CAR

MY CARS BETTER THAN URS!!!

by I LOVE MY CAR from St. Paul | October 12, 2015

I bought my car from volkswagon in inver grove heights and Rick Dutton helped me. He made sure i got the best car for the best price and the most reliable for my daughter and I. I also want to thank Ryan and Tim and all the others that were apart of my car buying experience. U ROCK RICK!!

my first car and awsome ......

by hemal from visalia ,ca | September 10, 2015

I buy on august 2014 camry se and simply best ....... I would recommend to my friends n family......no complains for my car ..........I think always buy new car so tht u don't have to face problem by every 6 months or later...

Have become disallusioned

by First Camry XLE from Sparks, NV from Sparks, NV | July 22, 2015

I am a previous Toyota owner. My first Toyota was the little Echo. For all it's 186,000 miles I drove I only had to replace the worn out parts, but in the end the manual transmission was going to need overhauled. SO, I decided to purchase another "reliable" Toyota. I've always wanted a Camry. I was very excited when I purchased the 2014.5 XLE. However, now after driving it for 9 months I'm not happy with several aspects of the manufacturing. One selling point I wanted in a new car was in-dash GPS navigation. This model has the Entune system, which incorporates this along with voice activation for the navigation as well as phone calling and the radio. The navigation part is good, how be it a bit outdated, but the voice command system is extremely poor. It takes a long time to activate after starting the car and then has a very hard time recognizing what you are saying, even after several times going through the teaching setup. This whole Entune system is very out dated, with an out dated GPS map that Toyota is extremely slow at updating. The voice interaction is very slow compared to other car manufacturers with similar systems. Next, there are the plastic sounding rattles coming from various areas of the interior of the car, which have been hard to pinpoint. Something you wouldn't expect from a car of this "caliper" and price. The car came with the retractable moon roof, which will also flips up in the back. When fully closed or especially when it is flipped up in the back, it creaks when going around corners or over bumps in the road. It appears to be a solid made unit, but the creaking sound makes it sound very cheaply made. Now, I'm not a heavy person, so with only 8400 miles on the car when after driving around I get out of car and the driver side rear suspension creaks like it has never been lubed is very disappointing and presents itself as being a very cheaply made car, which the sales price I paid would have difference to. As someone else has mentioned, when it is raining and you open the door to get out your left leg will get soaked from the water trapped above the door someplace. Or, if it is raining and you open the door to get in 1/3 of the seat will get wet. You would think that a company like Toyota would have quickly redesigned this flaw to alleviate shower time when getting into their cars! Road noise. Didn't Toyota even bother with insulating against it?! My Echo was noisy on the road, but it was $14,000 cheaper, too. I was satisfied with the noise level after driving the Echo, because I was use to not having any insulation, but NOT after riding in comparable cars from other manufacturers. In this area the Camry falls short! SO, for the cost and the hype of this car I am beyond disappointed. The problems I mentioned I brought to the attention of two dealerships, and both said there was nothing they could do about it! This car just does not feel like a solidly built car. I am totally disheartened, disillusioned, and will not be purchasing any more Toyota cars in the future. This car is not the newly designed 2015, BUT a LOT of the exact same out dated manufactured items will be in the new car.

Great car, except for the constant rattle

by Williams from Santa Barbara | May 3, 2015

I have a 2014.5 Camry XLE and there's a constant rattle that sounds like either loose glass in the rear driver's side window, or the rear windshield. It can happen on almost a perfectly smooth road, at any speed. I notice it more driving around the town. Drives me crazy. My first new car I"ve ever purchased and it sounds like it's been in an accident. There are forums where lots of other Camry owners are having the same problem.