1997 Toyota Celica

Available in 5 styles:  Celica 2dr Coupe ST shown

22.1–29.1 city / 28–34.9 hwy

Overall

My Favorite Car

by Truely a 5 star car from Laurel Highlands Pennsylvania & Bavaria Germany | February 2, 2014

My 1997 Toyota Celica ST lift back was the BEST car I ever owned . It got 33 MPG highway and it did great in the snow. I had a 50 mile each direction commute to college in the snowy mountains of Pennsylvania and I never missed a day of classes. I always got there safely in my Celica .... many times I passed 4 wheel drive SUVS stuck in snowy ditches in my Celica ! When I married a soldier and moved over seas I drove it all over Europe for 5 years. I never had a problem. It needed gas , oil changes and wiper blades .. that's about it. It even had the original Toyota battery in it for 13 years. I always felt safe and confidant in my Celica. It was super reliable and it's style never got out dated. Others makes and models their style looked out dated after a few years but not the Toyota Celica .... it was always a good looking car. I got tons of complements on it from Americans & Germans ! I am so sad that Toyota no longer makes that Celica ..... really nothing else on the market measures up to the style , gas milage , reliability and versatility of the Toyota Celica. You can have it all with the Celica. A car that looks sporty yet has a hatch back and fold down seats giving you a ton of space ! I could put my 21 speed mountain bike in the back of my sport car or haul 30 bags of mulch to my house ! Can your sport car do that ? :o)

LOVE this car!

by Musician from Kansas City, KS | February 15, 2013

My Celica is the first car I've owned and I have had it for 5 years now. I have the ST lift-back "special edition" with an automatic, which come with nice alloy wheels, a spoiler, and a sunroof. It is sporty yet extremely practical in almost every way. I highly recommend the lift-back version because with the fold-down seats and the big hatch opening you can haul a ton of stuff for such a small car. I regularly haul several instruments in the back and have used the car to move in and out of various dorms and apartments in college. The 4 cylinder engine gets great gas milage (averaging around 26mpg) and has a decent amount of power. It has to work pretty hard if you are accelerating uphill to get onto the highway, but for most purposes it is great. It is especially fun to drive on curvy roads because it hugs the road nicely and has a low stance. As far as reliability, it is fantastic. Mine has 196,000 miles and the only work I've done is new tires, new brake pads, new belts, CV struts, and some cosmetic stuff. (A friend backed into it and I had to replace the bumper cover, fender, and headlight for $900) I occasionally get complaints from my 6-foot tall friends that they don't have much headroom (especially in the back) so I would keep that in mind. Also, my parents don't like that it is so low to the ground because they have a hard time getting in, but for me it is perfect. I am considering buying my next car and I am having a really hard time finding one that I like better than my Celica!

A Practical Sports Car on a Budget

by A Happily Satisfied Owner from Bay Area, CA | December 24, 2006

The Toyota Celica GT Convertible does everything a car needs to: commuting, groceries, carpool, and, of course, fun top down motoring. On top of that, it's backed by Toyota reliability that will keep you motoring well past 150,000 miles. Upsides include great handling and exterior styling, downsides are few and far between, but include the somewhat small rear seat and a(n old) sometimes leaky top.

Featured Services for this Toyota Celica