2000 Toyota Celica

Available in 2 styles:  2000 Toyota Celica 2dr Hatchback shown

Overall

Best MPG and Performance

by nismo350z from buffalo, ny | November 2, 2013

I have owned a Celica hrs for the past 7 years. Bought itfrom my dad, it was his sports car. The engine makes a growl sound and sounds amazing. It's fun to drive and the transmission is very responsive. There are some common problems with the older ones like sybchros, lift bolts and door locks. Now it is my winter vehicle and it's still as fun to drive as day one.

best bang forthe buck!

by nasaracer from Ohio | December 13, 2012

34 mpg, outruns many so called sports car on the track, real world driveabilty, outstanding braking - bar none , except for the cayman s , its the fastest car i've driven at mid ohio. same engine and trans as the $60k elise weighs only 2400#s. I have not seen the top end but it has gone 147 mph before I chickened out looking for .......

Best Toyota ever...

by Ketan from New Jersey | July 6, 2011

I drove my brand new 2001 Toyota Celica from the dealer with 2 miles on it and I driven my car until she was 225,000 miles... and hand it to my younger brother. Sad to let her go but I needed a bigger car for the baby… This was one of the best car that I have owned. She handles turns very well. Oil changed every 5k with Synthetic. Long as you have a good tire she is good on snow… at 185,000 miles I needed to change my Catalytic converter that was due to my mistake of driving the car on a flooded street. Reliability: I used to drive to Toronto Canada two times a month from NJ, did it for 4 years. Not even a single time she gave me any issues. I have driven this car on Canadian snow storms never had issues… Comfort: well it’s a sports style car… the bucket seats are good but putting 9 hrs one way it take a tall… But its seats 4 people but you can squeeze 5th one. Interior Design: for it’s class it has the best one… I changed some of my interior from stock… changed the Audio systems and installed carbon fiber interior. Performance: I could not afford a GT-S at that time. So I got the 4 speed Automatic but it never let me down when I needed power. Used the overdrive a lot to get a quick response, Due to my brothers Neglect the engine having some issue now but she has over 275,000 miles on her. I’m looking to get a rebuild engine to get her back on the road again. If you’re interested in getting this car go-ahead you will have lots of fun… she might not be the fastest car on the road but sure dam fun to drive…

My favorite car

by CelicaDriver from Boise, ID | June 2, 2011

I don't know if I've ever had a more fun, more reliable car. There are some complaints about older 2000 celicas drinking oil but that has not been my experience. This thing is a dream...new brakes at 113,000. Great gas mileage, looks fantastic. This is THE BEST vehicle for the money. I'm sad they don't make this model anymore because 30 years from now I'll have to be driving a 40 year old car.

Best car I've ever owned

by sherryann325 from Dunkirk | September 29, 2010

I've had my 2000 Toyota now for 10 years. It is the best car I have ever owned!! It has just turned to 152,000 miles. It still runs great! I've never had any problem with it except the cadilidic coverter. Other than that, it has been just general maintenance! I keep the oil changed every 3 - 5000 miles. New set of brake pads in 2006. I've just had the fuel injecters cleaned, added a new fuel filter and just put my 4th set of tires on it! I take really good care of her! I will have this car forever! Very sporty to look at and with the 5 speed, it's soo fun to drive. My only regret with this car is that I couldn't afford the GT-S at the time. I will definately buy one if I find one that hasn't been too ragged out by some kid. This car is extremely reliable and gets very good gas mileage. I will never get rid of it. I'm hoping to get to at least 400,000 miles. Can't understand why Toyota quit selling this model?? It's the coolest car they ever made!

2000 toyota celica gt

by tommyb from lehighton, pa | November 5, 2009

has 138000 and had no issues. replaced the clutch and that was it. has no leaks and a very dependable car.

2000 Toyota Celica GT

by 6 Year Celica Driver from | November 2, 2009

I have had the car for 6 years. No problems, handles really well in the winter and overall, great on gas 25 bucks and I can drive it for three weeks. It is a comfortable 2 seater cannot complain.

Great Little Car!!

by celica driver for 8 years from Indiana | February 26, 2009

I drove my brand new 2000 toyota celica from the time I was 16 until 2009 when a guy plowed into the back of me when I was at a dead stop. I would still be driving it had that not happened. It is a great and reliable car. I had zero problems with my celica. I kept up on oil changes and maintenance and took real good care of her, but the only thing I had to do on her in 9 years was change the break pads. That was 100,000 miles too. The interior is small but plenty of room for 2 people. If you are real tall it is limited head room, but you can put the chair back enough to drive comfortably. It is low to the ground with 2 heavy doors as well so they tend to close on you if you are on a slope. The exterior is sleek and smooth with little to dislike. The car runs great even on snow believe it or not. It is easy to handle and fun to drive. I would be buying another one except for two reasons: 1. Toyota quit making them and 2. I hope to start a family and that doesn't leave enough room for car seats very easily. If you want a fun, reliable, 2 door sports car that is reasonably priced...this is it! It will run forever!! My celica had gone on MANY road trips and it always made EXCELLENT gas mileage as well as provided reliable transportation.

2000 Celica GT-S, first road legal go-kart?

by weekend warrior from Bend, Oregon | April 16, 2008

Interior- The interior is simple and very attractive, easy at a quick glance to read the guages, climate controls are to the point, space is limited but what do you expect from a sports car? Exterior-The exterior is a work of art. Great looking front and sides, rear is a bit plain but put a trd spoiler on to spice it up. Stock rims (16in) look really nice and complement the cars styling very well. Performance- 5 out of 5! really revvy engine with redline at 7800rpm and fuel cutoff at 8400rpm! VVTL-i is very well developed and lift (like vtec in honda) kicks in hard for great power delivery in the topend of the rpm range. Not going to beat the corvettes down the street but faster than a very very large majority of cars on the road with a 0-60 time of around 6.6 sec. Handling- For the money this cars (stock) is in its own catagory. Love twisties and tracks. Great for autocrossing and weekend racing. Rough ride for everyday driving but again its a sports car... Overall I would highly recommend this car! Its been around sence the 70's so toyota is doing something right. Great fuel economy (33mpg average) and reliability is the first thing that pops up when someone says the name. I love this car and would recommend it to anyone!

Another Example of Toyota Quality

by College Kid from Shreveport, LA | December 7, 2007

Owning this car has been a good experience for me. I am a young college student and have had no mechanical problems at all. I love the cute, sporty design as well as the many features included on the base model GD - such as power windows and doors, remote key entry, automatic lights, and the sporty 2 tones bucket seats. Also, the gas mileage is a huge plus. The other options in my price range had been the corolla, prius, and matrix at the time, and I am very happy I went with this one instead. I have no regrets and would reccommend this car to anyone young and on a budget, but wants to have a "cool" car thats reliable and fun to drive. I am up to almost 100k miles now and about to give the car to my sister for her 16th birthday. Even at 100k miles it still has a lot of use left in it. Most people cannot tell that the car is 8 years old because of the body style did not change after 2000. Great car all around.

Featured Services for this Toyota Celica