1995 Toyota Corolla

27–28 city / 34 hwy

Overall

Awesome car!

by Mr. Corolla from Los Angeles | April 21, 2013

Bought used at 150,000 miles. This sucker is running great. I consider it a keeper. mpg is also great:)

BEST CAR IN THE WORLD!! BAR NONE!!

by Cajun from eurekasprings AR | September 22, 2012

I have had several corolla's and every one has been the very best i was a mechanic for many years and i love to NOT DO WORK ON MY CARS ! All i ever do with the corolla's i have had was regular oil and maintenance evry 60 to eighty thousand change the Timing belt and go it is the best car ever and i have owned allmost every thing you can dream up so if you want a car that will never be a problem very little stress you need to get a Corolla even if you buy one with 100,000 or 130,000 you can change the oil make shore you have a good timing belt and go with little to NO problems i have one know and i got it at 114,000 and it just turned 150,000 and i keep thinking why buy a new one this one should last another 200,000 to 300,000 more miles with oil changed regular so its hard to even want to sell it i will just drive it for a bunch more years and get my 2,400 dollars worth i think i have all ready got my money out of it so if any one wants it i would still get what i paid for it at this point it runs perfect still and im taking it to Florida this winter for the fourth time and i am shore it will get me their and back like it was new

Just found Another, Very Happy!

by Toyota Lover from Eastern Ct. | May 21, 2012

Bought 1995 new, replacing my totalled 1980 Toyota Corolla Dx (same model) which a massive pick-up truck drove into going 40mph while I was sitting stopped at a traffic light! Replaced 95 had 287K miles and was starting to make me worry it might not be as reliable as thus far shortly. Had original clutch, only had to change the battery once, and oil/filter religeously. Got 34/5 mpg up to 225K miles and then started getting 38/40 mpg--go figure. Got one with only 140K miles to replace it..zippy little wagons. Note all jad "J" VIN. Alll cars should be this great!

Running strong 208,000 miles and 16 years later

by justme from NC | November 20, 2010

This is a great, reliable car. The exterior styling is much better than you'd expect from a 15 year old car, and the roof rack provides a nice, sporty look to the car.

Best Car I ever owned

by Nmissi from Louisville, KY | June 21, 2009

I bought it in 97, when it was 2 years old. It was 'totaled' out this week when an SUV crushed it- but it drove home from the accident, and drove away with the insurance guy later. It was just a great car- great on gas mileage (close to 40 mpg) and used almost no oil. The A/C was still ice cold after all these years, and I never did more than change the oil (and about half as often as I should have.) Little things happened over the years- the door handle broke off two years ago, the knob broke on the radio- but this little car got hit five times in twelve years, smashed at the front and back alike- and still drove home every time. In all that time, I replaced a starter and a battery; that's all. It was a tremendously reliable car. It was comfortable to drive, with very responsive steering, and only a very small blind spot. Legroom in the front was great, in the rear it was tolerable. (The newer ones are much smaller.) Headroom was fantastic; I'm 5 ft 9 and never felt squashed. My only complaint would be a stylistic one- My car was a pale greyish blue; in overcast weather or rain, it just disappears; people have trouble seeing it. (The owner of the SUV who killed it told me, "I never even saw you sitting there." It wasn't the first time I'd heard that.) There are a number of grey/blue/silver paint colors Toyota has used, that seem to be hard to see in the rain, they sort of blend into the road and the sky. But I loved my car, and I'd love to buy another one just like it- just maybe in a nice, bright red.

Great little car

by freshcoffee from Wichita | May 17, 2009

I bought one of these at 136k/mo and sold it at 201k/mi. In that time, I only had to put $200 into it to replace a sensor and the regular maintenance as well. It was a little small for my 6ft frame, but the tilt wheel made the car seem a little bigger. I'm getting ready to buy another one here in a few days. It's a 14 year old car with only 111k/mi on it, but if I get another 90 out of it I will have gotten a great deal for $2000.

Great car!

by TexasToyotaGuy from San Antonio, Texas | April 8, 2008

I love my 1994 Toyota (manual drive). My first new car out of college and I still have it! The worst problem I had was changing out the alternator and battery. The second worst problem was when this bozo hit me from behind. Other than that, great on gas, reliable and tough. I'm no mechanic, but I changed out the radiator and it was a snap. Only minor problem I have is the seat design makes it a little uncomfortable on the lumbar. Just get a pillow and enjoy the ride!

Excellent car for the money

by Build them fast from Florida | February 20, 2008

This car is one of best cars. not very comfortable for a big person, but great car for a first time driver. This car gets great gas mileage and has alot of aftermarket parts available. Over all great car.

Takes a lickin and keeps on tickin

by Dirt from Reno, NV | February 20, 2008

This car is excellent on the highway, even at over 250,000 miles gets nearly 40 mpg, even going 80 mph! Good on snow, excellent on mountain and dirt roads. Often taken where 4WD cars won't go. It had a rough life with me, many dirt roads, up to the Arctic Ocean (Alaska Highway), bounced over a dead cow at 75 mph, and remained a reliable and safe car. Finally gave it to a nephew with over 260,000 miles. A legend!

Always there when I need it

by WagonBoy from Washington DC | March 13, 2007

Not the fastest, not the showiest, but its always running when I need it. I have put a total of 500 bucks into it and it is still running like new after 130,000 m. My mechanic said that the engine still looked like new, and I am sure it will stay that way. You will be lucky if you get one of these cars. Hoping for 400,000!

Featured Services for this Toyota Corolla