1997 Toyota Corolla

29.1–31 city / 34.9 hwy

Overall

Great

by Erinbee from Tampa, FL | October 19, 2013

It's great for its age. No major issues with it. Small oil leak and the gas mileage is not the greatest. Cup holders are very limited to what they hold. But overall I love the car. It has ice cold ac and all the power windows work. Overall I'm very happy!

hate nto get rid of

by shen201 from Virginia Beach | April 11, 2011

I have owned it for about 7 years from a good previous owner. The car is very reliable and saves gasoline. It performs sufficiently for me. I think about getting rid of it since it is 14 years old, but I am still reluctant in doing that. Every thing works well, and other than its age, I cannot figure out why I should get rid of it.

Gotta love her!

by Cynder1228 from ANderson, IN | November 18, 2010

I have loved this car for years! I am the second owner. I feel safe in this car, always have! Only one draw back at all: is the road noise. I think it could have been quieter. I hope my next car is a Toyota!!!

Best car I ever bought

by Toyota believer from Chaplin, CT | September 5, 2009

Bought 5 speed new with 186 miles currently have 318,402 miles and still going. Replaced brakes first time at 217,000 miles. Installed used transmission at 238,000 miles. Still have original timing belt which no ones belives.

Great car!

by cher79 from chicago | November 15, 2008

I own a '97 Toyota Corolla DX and I LOVE it! I just purchased it used last year and it had 108,000 miles on it...now it has 127,000 miles. I drove my car from Chicago to Toronto, Canada last year, and it held up pretty well. I did have to replace the starter, though, and my power locks stopped working but I had the problem repaired (keep in mind that my car is 10 years old); I have regular maintenance checks like taking care of the brakes, changing the oil, etc. Other than that, it's pretty reliable and I haven't had any major problems. The heat works well, which is great for these Chicago winters. This is my first vehicle and I am really glad I have it!

Fantastic reliable car that's cheap to drive

by 53 year old boring grey haired fat guy from MA | October 4, 2008

This is a basic car. I bought it 3 years ago with 95K on it, and I've put 30K on. Used it to teach a kid and a girlfriend to drive a standard, and we're still on the original clutch. Always starts, AC works, heater works, radio works, cloth seats are comfortable, get 35 - 39 mpg. 'nuff said?

Very Reliable and Good Value

by B1 from Grand Rapids, MI | August 9, 2008

I purchased the car when it was 10 years old and had 221,000 on it. In my year plus, the car is very reliable and a pleasure to drive. I wish it was a stck shift, otherwise the car has been great. Even 11 Michigan winters have not put obvious rust on the car.

This car's the best.

by Shopping for a car.. from Washington, DC | May 18, 2007

I've never had any problems. It's easy to own. Always reliable. Road trips are a blast with this car, and it's practially invisible to the police!

"Defines Reliability"

by Eco5jb from Akron, Ohio | February 14, 2007

Ive had this car for seven years now, and I bought it used. It's got over 180,000 miles (I put 150,000 on myself). I've NEVER had anything go bad on it mechanically, and it still runs and looks great for a 10 year old vehicle. The corolla was not a luxury or performance vehicle, but it is the definition of reliability and economical- a great car by toyota.

Featured Services for this Toyota Corolla