2000 Toyota Corolla

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Very reliable car

by Kat from Albany, NY | November 4, 2013

I have had this car for a few years, it has never let me down but it was also preowned before me. I have has no issues whatsoever, one of the most reliable cars in my opinion.

Not bad but not good either

by car pro from | October 6, 2013

I love this car, but it tends to lag. It doesn't pick up well. The good thing is it is good on gas and it is still strong at 114k miles, but the pickup is just bad and it lags.

Standard

by zz from | July 26, 2013

I recently brought a used car from Lute Riley Honda and the company had told me that they had checked the car according to company’s standards. After I drove 3000 miles, I went back to and had oil change for the car. The company told me that now the car’s rear two tires need to be changed immediately.

good car so far .

by terry . from blountown fla | September 23, 2012

I had traded a honda accrod in on this car when the tranmission died in the honda. I got it used has l49 thousand on it . Seems to be very reliable . Ac is so cold have t o leave on low mostly , great. mine has the aut o wit h overdrive. got as good as 38 mpg with it one time . runs great. check engine light will come on if gas cap isn't tighten right , car was mantained by owner ok , replaced the serpentine belt but thas been about all. fun car t o drive and very manuable . compforable , reliable . did some body work, most ly just some touchup paint from auto zone . car looks pretty good yet for l3 years old car. I will go with toyota again. also like vv1 engine . no timing belt to replace . mechanic says it has chan chain. good move toyot a . had a broken lug bolt on rear wheel , but mechanic was able to replace without having to take break assemble apart . was 25 dollar reparir instead on 49 or more if had to take break apart to get at it . engine is well lay laid out and should be easy for mechanic to repair . hate paying a mechainc 50 bucks an hr before they can even get to the part that needs fixing . fixed rear view break light myself , one headlight lamp . some repairs owner friendly . great little car. also handles muddy roads ok . steering is precise even when had to swerve to avoid obstecals in road , mine has good radials on it may helf but very sure footed and stable on road . nice car overall ! onely negative is power windows have died or go slow on driver side, car may have been hit , atho car frax says no . but hear power windows motors go bad after awail . other work ok tho . but ac works great so no big deal.

2000 Toyota Corolla VE

by Dmitriy from San Jose, CA | July 3, 2012

We owned 2000 Toyota Corolla VE for 5 years. We bought it in 2003 with 24k miles on it for my wife who was a full time student at the time (no extra money) and it was a steal price wise. VE is the most strip down trim. The reliability is phenomenal, as you would expect from Toyota. We put another 40k on this car in 5 years before it was totaled in an accident (not my wife's fault), and all we replaced in this car are tires and battery. What I will complain about is that Toyota tried way too hard eliminating features in VE trim. It came with 3-speed auto transmission while other trims got 4-speed one. The back of the rear seat was not folding like other trims. What was the point of manufacturing different seat back frame for VE? Extra hardware for folding back (hinges and 2 latches) is not that expensive. Center console was missing cushioned cover. Manual outside mirrors did not have handles - adjusting right mirror was very inconvenient. Ridiculously all 3 trims had different mirrors: VE - manual w/o handles, CE - manual with handles, LE - power. It was probably cheaper to manufacture power mirrors in higher volumes and equip all trims with them. This list can be continued but the reader gets the idea. Luckily Toyota listened and fixed all these issues in 2003 when Corolla was redesigned. 2003 and newer Corolla CE (basic trim) was equipped much better with 4-speed auto transmission, 40/60 folding rear seat back, power mirrors, covered central console and etc.

Exhaust System/Engine flaws

by Adino470 from Smithsburg, MD | June 11, 2012

Exhaust system design flaw; tail pipe hangs too low and catalytoc converter/O2 sensor failing at 99kmiles. Engine flaw where piston/rings deficiency causing burning oil after 35k miles.

Most reliable

by Ramabean from Orlando, FL | December 29, 2011

great car purchased the car at 54k miles year 2000 pre owner barely used it exterior and interior are by far not fashionable but if you want a dependable car then I recommend this vehicle.

great value but not as comfortable as my old one

by Pashtoon from Annapolis MD | October 29, 2011

I traded in my 1997 Corolla with 230,000 miles on it only because it needed a new timing belt, wheel cylinders and bearings and I wanted a 5-speed manual shift instead of the automatic which the '97 had. the 2000 Corolla has a bigger, more powerful engine but still gets 40-43 mpg consistently. the only thing I don't like about the 2000 model is that it doesn't seem to have the legroom that the '97 had. other than that, the reliability is excellent.

Reliable Car for commuters!

by Mura from | May 25, 2010

I bought this car when it had 194K ml. Now, it has 204K ml, and still works well. I am satisfied with the engine and quality of the car.

I am the ACTUAL OWNER of this Toyota!

by Cassie from Aurora, Illinois | April 13, 2010

We bought this vehicle in Fort Worth, Texas new. We never had problems with this vehicle. I recommend this vehicle as a grad gift for someone's kid, a great commuter, or a run-a-bout town car. We traded it cause we needed the space cause we have a new addition to the family. It is a great running car!

Featured Services for this Toyota Corolla