2001 Toyota Corolla

32 city / 41 hwy

Overall

The 2001 Corolla is a great car

by DesertFox from Chicago, IL | April 18, 2015

The 2001 Corolla is an awesome car I bought my 2001 Corolla S brand new. 14 years later and 185,000 miles, it still runs like new, very reliable, economic and almost maintenance free. I still get 30+ Miles per gallon mixed city/highway driving, I've always used regular gasoline with no additives. The only part that I ever had to replace was the catalytic converter at around 160,000 miles, it cost me a total of around $250 to get a new one welded in at the local muffler shop. Other than that, all I ever had to do is regular maintenance like oil change, coolant flush, brake pads replacement…

Excellent Overall

by Crusty from Riverside, CA | September 21, 2012

After 12 years and 170K+ miles, no major problems until now. I have not experienced the high oil consumption reported by others. However, my catelytic converter has now gone south; I just learned it is extremely expensive ($1,500) for a new one, and it has to be welded into place, which means finding a skilled welder (with a corresponding additional labor cost) to install it. Small dash lights are also impossible to replace without pulling the entire console. Those started to go around 60K miles.

Engine issues

by bonedoc from | March 19, 2012

Like other users have remarked, my corolla burnt tons of oil, then at 135k miles, the engine blew. Was a decent car up until that point.

Great car! Very Reliable

by toyota guy from Chambersburg, PA | January 14, 2012

I have owned Corollas off and on for the last couple of decades. They are one of the most dependable cars on the road. While they are not very fancy, I have always enjoyed driving them. I especially like getting 35 - 40 mpg! Lots of value for your money.

it's reliable but everything else sucks.

by corey from | July 12, 2011

i got my 2001 corolla used in 2004. it burns sooo much oil! i put 2 quarts or oil in PER WEEK! people who sit in the back literally have NO LEG ROOM. the only good thing is that she always starts up for me. it also get s decent gas mileage.

Best Car I Ever Owned

by Wally from Jacksonville,Fl | March 22, 2011

I bought my Corolla back in 2008 for about $6,500 in it had about 71,000 miles at that time. I've never had a major problem since I had it just general maintenance. One thing about Corolla's cars is that don't burn gas at all. Excellent Vehicle if your a college student or a single person just trying to get around.

Best choice ever...

by CorollaRocks from Los Angeles, ca | December 14, 2010

This car is not only reliable but saves hundreds of dollars a year on gas. I never have any problems with my Corolla S. It's perfect for me because I'm a full time student and it helps me save. There's plenty of room for a small family and the manual shift makes it easier to do maintenance. I recommend this car to anyone who plans to buy their first car. I own a 2001 Corolla S and till this day it drives like new. Can't beat that!!!

atleast she;s dependable..

by cars are okay.. from philly | August 20, 2010

it's a good reliable car, but burns soooooooooo much oil! other than that it's dependable. but lately i've been having some engine problems

Good for the money

by Corolla Owner from Richmond, VA | January 30, 2010

A corolla is a little car, but unless you have a large family to tote (we have two children)it is a good car. Parking is easy and it handles pretty good.

corolla01

by Kikoman from Ottawa Ontario | January 20, 2010

Over all bland car and not any more reliable than any other car on the road. ..................................................................................................................................