2002 Toyota Corolla

32 city / 41 hwy

Overall

Bought used

by DD from Seattle, WA | October 23, 2013

I bought this car with 88,000 miles. Found out it goes through about a quart of oil every 700 miles. Researched this and found that this is common in this year of car and it will get worse as time goes on. The only fix is a new engine. I thought they were suppose to last longer than this. Also shocks are shot. Doesn't smoke or leak but the tailpipe is black. Beware.

Very Good Used Car

by ATB from Mechanicville, NY | June 3, 2013

I had been looking for a car for a while and finally had Nichole Cerkowski, who is a dealer at Toyota of Clifton Park on the hunt for me. When I came home from college on May 14th, she had the car in my driveway a few hours after I arrived and I bought this car the next day. It had only 56k miles on it which is very good for being a 2002. It is so reliable and absolutely amazing on gas. I fill it about every week and even am able to take long trips with it. I would buy this car over and over again every time! Definitely look into Toyota of Clifton Park and ask for Nichole because she will give you a great car for a great price!!

One of the nicer cars I've owned

by 4 cylinder fan from Bellport NY | September 15, 2012

I bought this car in mid august 2012 and I have owned it for a month. It had 75k on the engine and it purrs like a kitten. The acceleration is good, the handling is fair and the ride is choppy like a small car. The gas mileage is great, I'm totally content in that area. Overall I am well satisfied.

Excellent for the money.

by chicgoprinter from Tucson, AZ | June 23, 2010

Extremely reliable, handles well on the highway, good feel for the road, decent gas mileage. Fine for 2 people, any more then that is very uncomfortable in the rear. We'd buy another one.

NOT a Winter Car

by Snowfella from Buffalo, NY | February 5, 2009

I have been driving the LE, and while it is a zippy little thing in the summer, it cannot hold up to long Buffalo winters. It gets stuck in snow constantly, slides, and is rather terrifying to drive in snowy conditions, no matter how slow and safe one drives. It is a good quality vehicle, very bland in appearance but gas mileage is phenomenal, and it is a very sturdy, reliable vehicle. Very low maintenance costs. Just don't try to manage your way downtown in the dead of January in it.

Greatest Subcompact Ever!

by Nick J from Geneseo, NY | July 26, 2006

I have been driving this car for close to 4 years now, and this car is so inexpensive to maintain and gas up. Everyone already knows how reliable this car is, and it has yet to fail me. Of course, it gets kinda cramped, but most Corolla drivers don't have passengers, so the space issue can be resolved by simply sliding the front seats back. The audio system works great, and there is no need for an aftermarket system. This car gives me gas mileage that's better than the EPA estimate because I'm not a leadfoot, and so I don't spend a lot of money on gas.

Great value

by Astro from Glastonbury, CT | July 21, 2006

I bought this car in 2002. The vehicle is bland on the inside, but not to the point of annoying you. It gets great mileage, and you feel good when you put gas into this vehicle. Of course it could use a bit more space on the inside, it exceeds expectations, so naturally, I would recommend this car without any reservations.