2004 Toyota Corolla

32 city / 40 hwy

Overall

Reliable car

by go pats from Boston, MA | January 13, 2014

Bought new in 2003 and still going strong at 130k miles. Burns no oil, no leak what so ever. Never had any major issues. Replaced O2 sensor, one of the front bearings, water pump - I think that's all except tires, breaks, spark plugs etc. Only complaint would be the engine vibration felt on the steering wheel. Seems like I will drive this car 10+ more years (unless I want to buy a new one)

Still Going Strong! Corolla LE Automatic

by yogi1ab from Portland, OR | May 13, 2013

The Loves: Very close to 40 MPG highway; good conformable ergonomics (adjustable driver seat height); controls are cleanly designed and easy to read at a glance; roomy and comfy back seats; classy styling all around. Have had no malfunctions on this car to date. Easy to maintain with oil changes, tires, fluids, belts, etc. The Boos: The compartment for the engine's air filter is poorly designed and doesn't seem to want to close correctly/securely after replacing the filter -if not closed tightly, you could get bad crud all up in your engine which could damage and greatly reduce its lifespan! The plastic headlights started turning that that ugly milky translucent a few years ago. But the back tail light lenses still look brand new still, go figure! Overall, this has been a great, worry-free, reliable car. Can't believe it is almost 10 years old! Still drives like a dream.

Best reliable car our family has owned

by Toyota Corolla owner from Washington County, Rhode Island | April 12, 2013

Toyota Corolla LE is a dependable commuter sedan! GREAT on gas mileage, low maintainence, no worries, trouble free. Very Easy to drive a 5 speed manual on highway. Would even recommend the Corolla for a teenager in high school or college or one who travels many miles a day!. 100% RELIABLE!

2004 Toyota Corolla LE

by Toyota Family from Slocum area/ North Kingstown/ Saunderstown , R.I. | April 12, 2013

2004 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 5- speed manual. Worry Free ! Great on gas mileage. We purchase the Corolla Brand New at TARBOX TOYOTA NK and it's been the most Reliable Car that we 've owned! Regular oil changes and tires rotated is all this little Corolla LE needs.

The Car Everyone Should Own

by Toyota Gal from Suffolk, VA | December 23, 2012

I love my 2004 Corolla. It is economical, dependable, had very low mileage and in excellent condition.

Most reliable car I've ever owned!

by Corolla lover from Richmond, VA | July 2, 2012

I purchased my 2004 Toyota Corolla new. It now has almost 200,000 miles on it and all I've ever had to do is oil changes (I do them every 3000 miles as I do a lot of driving), one set of brake shoes, one battery, replaced one headlight and, of course, tires. The clock did stop working a few years ago, but it wasn't worth spending $300 to replace it, so I just use my watch. I get great gas mileage - 38 combined - which is wonderful as I drive 100 miles every day to work and back. I will certainly look at the new models before purchasing anything else, as I have faith in the Corolla.

Love my Corolla!

by Bossmare from Richmond, VA area | April 29, 2012

Purchased new from dealer in 2004. Now has 190,000 miles and I still love and trust it. I drive 100+ miles per day - highway and 2 lane roads - still get approx. 38mpg! Have replaced brake pads once, purchased one new battery and changed the oil every 3000 miles. That's all! Highly recommend the Toyota Corolla. It's peppy and easy to steer. A bit noisy at high speeds, but I just turn the radio up a little! Never have had any problems with anything but the clock, which is digital and works now on and off, but I don't care. Even with almost 200k miles I still feel safe driving it and will look for another just like it when I finally decide to say goodbye!

I've owned this car

by Johnson from Las Vegas | February 28, 2012

very good , strong car !Very reliable, did not need anything other than gas, insurance, and oil change service time in 3000 mils.

i love this car

by lil moon from accra | December 19, 2011

the best car ever used.i love it there is no car like this.i bought it used but its work like a now one.

Awesome Car!

by Bridzerm246 from Rochester, Ny | May 14, 2011

I bought this car because I need some good mpg's as the price of gas is over 4$ a gallon. I did not expect 40mpg's! It handles amazing! It's a real fun car to drive.