2006 Toyota Corolla

Available in 4 styles:  2006 Toyota Corolla 4dr Sedan shown

Overall

Worst car ever

by Fasteddy from Toronto | December 9, 2013

2006 Corolla; toyota used certified. The car needed brakes after 7000 km , the dealer install new pads and shoes on worn out rotors and drums, the dealer did nothing because brakes are not covered under the warranty , they also have major computer problems which will negatively affect your transmission and engine. Do yourself a favour and look at another car . They do not get the mileage stated this car consumes 10L/100km. Stay away from Toyota .

Best Car For The Money - EVER!!!

by Desert Red - New Mexico from | November 30, 2013

My 2006 Corolla SE is the only car I have ever bought totally brand new - and I still love it! It is the best car ever made in the good ol' USA. It was manufactured by Toyota in California - the best of both worlds. It now has 146,000 miles and showing much less wear than me. I haven't even replaced the brake pads yet, much less the rotors. I just came back from a 800 mile trip and got my usual 41 mpg. There have been times with a tail wind and summer blend gas that I've gotten 48 mpg! My only complaint is that if my wife sits in the passenger seat she has a back ache after long trips. But since I drive it alone 90% of the time, I won't mark it down for this. I dread having to replace it (Toyota has since closed their Fremont, California plant), but then again I fully expect it to last another seven years. I hope I last as long!

My first Toyota

by David from Bakersfield CA | November 26, 2013

Was looking for a reliable car and found it in the Corolla. Did extensive research before buying, no impulse. Get 40mpg plus on long trips, a good blend of power and economy. Test drove a 2014 and no way, will keep my 2006 until the wheels are square so to speak. 100% satisfied.

Pleasantly surprised

by Grumpy Senior Citizen from Carson City, NV | November 5, 2013

Bought this 2006 Corolla CE in August of this year. It was elderly driven and had only 15460 miles on it. I have always driven trucks and SUV's but needed something more economical for frequent trips from Reno to the Bay Area for medical reasons. Never had much use for a sedan type vehicle but couldn't pass up the deal. Quite a bit of road noise, not much in the get up and go department but seems to handle well and gets phenomenal mileage! No Rolls or Ferrari but quite serviceable and even somewhat fun to drive! Wish it was a wagon but no problem. It has a couple of glitches in the computer but my friend is a Toyota service manager and he is helping me with that. Great little car!

Value for money vehicle

by Allan Car lover from London, UK | September 20, 2013

Hi, Much recommended for those who prefer better mileage and stability. It is worth the price tag attached. Good interiors and durable body. I'm happy with the car. :)

A really reliable low cost high performer

by practical fun loving driver from south Orange County,CA | January 28, 2012

In late November, 2011, we bought a 2006 toyota corolla with only 36,000 miles on it. the car runs very well. it has great manuverability. it gets 28 miles to the gallon on regular gas. although i am used to driving 8 cylinder engines, this 6 cylinder has really good power, and it does not strain like many of the 4 cylinders i have heard. the car is well balanced on its wheelbase so handling is excellent. brakes are firm and stopping the car in an emergency is not a problem. the windows are designed in such a way that the driver has excellent visibility front, sides, and rear. the exterior paint job is still in really good condition (looks new) except for a few dings and scratches. the interior, while not luxurious, is attractive, instruments well positioned, and seats are comfortable. it has a good sound system and a 1 cd player, radio works very well. all in all, a winner!

Great value

by Long commute from Fort Worth, TX | January 3, 2012

I bought this car used with about 60,000 miles on it. I have only done the bare minumum; new brakes once, tires a couple of times, and oil when I find the time. It is now over 150,000 and has a couple things that have come a bit loose, but the engine and transmission run as good as ever. It isn't fast or pretty, but you will consistantly get about 35mpg and almost never have to worry about fixing it. Great commuter/economy car.

Wrecked ours

by Catrina245 from | September 11, 2011

Bought our 06 Corolla new. Drove it for 6 years. The engine is peppy, not a car that is sluggish to get going at all. At the end, there was about 116,000 miles on it. We did all the usual maintenance, changed the oil, had new brakes put on it and changed the serpentine belt at about 115,000 miles, changed our tires. The usual stuff. When it was still under warranty I had an issue with the dome light shorting, but it was an easy repair that took less than 10 minutes. Other than that, the car always ran great. I'm not crazy about the location of the cruise control stick, but that is my only complaint. But here's the real reason why I loved my Corolla: We were involved in an offset head on crash. The Corolla was destroyed. The engine was pushed more than two feet in. The crumple zones worked. To look at the car, from the beginning of the dashboard to the trunk of the car, you can't tell it was in an accident. The windshield didn't even crack. Everyone in the car walked away with bruises from the seatbelts and some soreness. In another car, there would have been serious injuries. Even the tow truck driver who sees wrecks all the time was amazed at how this car absorbed the impact. I describe this car as peppy, reliable and safe. If that's what you're looking for, I reccommend this one 100%.

'06 Corolla LE (Awesome Car!)

by Ian from Baltimore, MD | August 15, 2011

I bought this used w/29,000 miles. I chose this car because I needed a reliable 4-door to get me where I need to go in everyday life (work, school, movies, etc.) It has not disappointed. I could not be happier about my decision. I now have 87,000 miles. I have averaged 31.5 MPG in the 3.5 years I've owned the car. I have changed the oil regularly, changed the front and rear light bulbs a few times, replaced the ECU (Toyota recall, no cost), put a new set of tires, and replaced the front brakes. VERY minimal upkeep cost. My only complaints are minor. It is very loud at high speeds. On the highway, it is noticeable and I just turn the music up pretty loud. Also, when braking while going downhill, the engine automatically downshifts and sometimes the RPM/speed adjustment can be abrupt. The clock works sparingly. It's become a joke in my family that if you happen to be lucky enough to see the clock turn on, you should play the lottery or something. Again, nothing major. Overall, an outstanding car and a very pleased owner.

Corolla Upgrade

by Toyota fan from Braintree, MA | May 25, 2011

I bought this 2006 Corolla to replace a 2000 Corolla. It has numerous improvements over the 2000 model. As of 2003 Corollas were built with a stronger engine. They also gave it wider tires covering a wider wheel base, which greatly improves the car's traction. This seemed a particular weak point of my 2000 model. I was happy to see added creature comforts like electric windows and cruise control. For those who wish to upgrade the factory stereo system (recommended) themselves, the front door panels are easier to get off and on than with the 2000 Corolla. I've owned the 2006 for almost three months now; it's a pleasure to drive. It had one previous owner who kept to the maintenance schedule and it shows.