2008 Toyota Corolla

See Photos & Videos

Overall

very practical

by Atoyot from Chesapeake, OH | September 17, 2013

it's been a great reliable car; I think my problem was the fact that I didn't get a more upscale vehicle. I bought the CE. I hate road noise, and the seats are not good for any distance riding not adjustable enough. next time around I will be more cautious of what I buy. it has great room in the trunk, I have hauled all kinds of stuff that I never would have dreamed would fit! great gas mileage its a 5 speed. 30 city 40 highway, and I have checked it many times.

I WAS a fan of Toyota but now have doubt

by CSN from Bellevue, WA | May 13, 2013

I have this 2008 Toyota Corolla for 3 years and EVERY year, parts of the tensioner would have some problems such as crack and oil leakage. I am tired of this problem and this time they are saying I have to pay $1200 to replace the parts. I have been driving Toyota cars for 11 years and now they are disappointing me with their newer model quality.

Just what we needed

by Snowbird from Naples FL | March 26, 2013

Needed a reliable car for spending winters in south Florida, and this is it. Bought it used this year, and expect to have it for years. Great gas mileage, reliable, and since I'm 6'2", surprising amount of room for a small car. I can actually see better out of the Corolla than from the Solara convertible I drive the rest of the year. Controls are all easy to reach and operate, the power sunroof is a great feature, and it's very comfortagble to drive. You can cruise at 80 on the freeway all day long, or struggle through stop and go local traffic with no problem.

Nice trim + ridiculous package

by passerby from Phoenix, AZ | January 7, 2012

1,5 years on used 2008 Corolla S in Arizona - very ambiguous feelings in overall. Velour upholstery and leather trim, superfast responsive transmission, good acceleration on street speeds (below 60), cargo capacity and folding backseats - good 5 stars. Underpowered for highways / mountain roads / 4+ people, CD player w/o aux input and MP3 capability, noises of all kinds, weak AC - barely 2 stars. But top disappointment is another thing. Who can tell me, how can one of leading manufacturers build the car in 21 century with "Sport" label and put drum brakes on rear axle, with no ABS and traction control ? Is it new marketing policy, or they tried to conserve $200 on the top of 18K ? Result - this thing skids like soap on any slippery surface in standard package with all-season tyres. And drum brakes don't even give you a chance to get the control back. Being experienced and aware driver (used to live in snowy conditions), had such situation twice over last couple months, trying to go for skiing. Probably, it can be a good second car for commuting over clean dry pavement, but it's better to forget about any trips in doubtful road conditions. Compared to competitors, it's quite quality in all aspects and reliable, and maintainance doesn't cost anything - just change the oil every 5K miles.

2008 Toyota Corolla

by Mrs. Blue from Madison, MS | October 27, 2011

Easy to handle. great with messy kida. Nice child seat belts in the back seat. Has a smooth ride and the radio is great. I would recommend it to all my friends. Great Buy

Great mileage

by Geoffro from Wausau, WI | November 30, 2010

I bought this car new, and it was rated at 37 mpg highway. I commute to/from work about 70 miles a day, and in the summer months, I regularly get 40 mpg - approaching hybrid cars. This little car is a great commuter car - and also is comfortable with a couple passengers. For what I need, this car does it. I'm at 65,000 miles now, and besides recently replacing the tires and general maintenance, I've had to spend nothing extra. I expect to drive this little one into the 300k range, if not further.

BEST CAR EVER

by ken enterprise car from columbus,oh | August 14, 2010

"Totally reliable, powerful, comfortable, stylish and economical! I have enjojyed this car thoroughly and felt like a queen driving it. I've been to New Mexico and up and down the state of California in style and comfort. What more could you ask for?"

Toyotas are the best

by cruisecontrol from San Diego | October 29, 2009

Big car guy, also have two corollas on the side.

by Big car guy, corolla weekender from Lexington, KY | February 19, 2009

Me: I drive huge V8s as my daily drivers -currently in a Suburban- and always have. I have a 2001 Corolla that my teenager drives, and my significant other drives a 2008 Corolla "Sport." I've driven the 2008 on many 2 hr weekend trips and some around town. I find it impressively suitable for such trips. I once drove it on a 7 hour trip and quickly began to miss my Suburban at about hour 3. The "sport" -aka "s"- handling is worth the money. It does not get quite as good gas mileage -almost negligible- as my 2001 around town, but its better on the highway. As other reviewers point out, it is "noisy" when accelerating, otherwise unbelievably quiet. It is much more comfortable than my 2001 model. My only complaints would be vision (I am short--5'5") and small size (when staring down a semi-truck in the rearview). It was sluggish up the extremely windy mountain roads, but nothing you wouldn't expect. So if you mostly drive around town and maybe occasionally make a few hour drive, this could be a great buy.

Best car

by andy from KS | December 29, 2008

We bought Corolla 2008 last year. It is simply a wonderful car. The fuel efficiency is great. It gives me 38 MPG on highway and 28-30 in the city limits. Though the interior is little cramped, comparing to the fuel efficiency it is not a problem. Until 10K the efficiency was below 30MPG, but after 10K miles its performance has improved. Exterior is good. Before buying I read a few reviews where they have experienced some strange engine noise, but I don't hear any such anomalies in my car. As time goes by its performance is improving. I love my car.

Featured Services for this Toyota Corolla