2009 Toyota Corolla

Available in 5 styles:  2009 Toyota Corolla 4dr Sedan shown

Overall

Good Commuter

by Drew34677 from | June 25, 2016

Bought my 2009 LE after I was T-boned in my 2007 LE. Much prefer the 2007 but couldn't find one at the time of replacement. I bought it at 145K and have put 20K on it. A few notables: -Transmission whine is common and annoying. Remedied by using aftermarket fluid to replace the WS fluid. -I only use 93 octane fuel. It helps compensate for the 1.8L during commutes. -Compared to the 2007 it has a shorter wheelbase and seems less stable at higher speeds. Took some time to get used to. -Tighter turning radius than the '07. Good for parking. -Same engine, same reliability. It does have the oil cap version oil filter. It requires a special wrench but you only replace the element. -Upgraded console with an after market multi media + GPS system for $300 installed. Looks very good and the GPS actually works as well or better than name brands. -Paint does not fade/rust like many of the blue '07s did, my old one included. -Installed a tow hitch. It's rated to 1500lbs like the '07. I use it for my Waverunner and my 14.5' Scout fishing boat -no problems. The boat ramp snickering stops when my FWD pulls my boat out at low tide while the trucks are spinning their wheels. -All in all a good value.

Many problems

by Noelle from Omaha, NE | June 13, 2016

I wouldn't recommend this car for anyone. Yes, it does have its pros but the cons outweigh them. I bought this car at 47,000 miles from a dealership and not even 3 months later I had to replace the alternator as well as the water pump. My oil drains really fast. I do get good gas mileage on this car and I like that it is small enough or me. Oh, not to mention a few days ago I had to have this car towed because the dipstick cover (chrome one that connects into the engine) snapped off and it could be really bad for my engine if there are metal pieces in the oil gasket. So yeah, I wouldn't recommend this car unless you want to continue fixing this car every 3 months.

No more Toyotas

by Billybam from California | April 7, 2016

This has to be without doubt the worst NEW car I ever purchased. With 58K miles now it will have it's 2nd alternator, brakes and recently a water pump. Remember, I bought this brand new! We just unloaded it and purchased another Honda, no issues to date. They should really call the 2009 Corolla p.o.s. 09.

LOVE MY CAR!!!

by Smart Woman from | May 29, 2014

I LOVE THIS CAR! I BOUGHT IT NOT TOO LONG AGO AND ITS REALLY ENCONOMIC AND I REALLY LOVE IT I RECOMEND IT

Good

by Happy owner from Washington | September 8, 2013

Best car ever! Good car, reliable, fast, good gas mileage. Worth every penny. Very comfortable and quiet.

2009 Toyota Corolla S

by Highway Commuter from Florence, AL | August 12, 2013

If you are looking for a good beginner or daily commuter (work) car then look no further. Pros: * Gas mileage is great!!! (I avg. around 34) * Exterior design I would say is above avg for right off the lot. * Very dependable! * Plenty of trunk space * Interior design is nice and simple. * The dual glove box is a nice feature. * Easy to wash and clean. Cons: * Interior seating is cramped if you're a big & tall person. * Not a good sized car if you have a car seat. * Hard to get in and out of. * Factory speakers are decent but could be better. * If you are not used to driving a vehicle that is low to the ground, the low profile of the car may be an issue.

No comfort, no performance, no safety but value $$

by Jim's Car from West covina | July 30, 2013

Toyota Corolla 2009-2011 is no comfort, no performance, no safety crash, but reliable and value for the money. Good to drive this car over the local street not freeway. Easy to find a part and service so cheap...After switch my car for BMW 3 series 2011 with this car is far a lot.

How do you spell reliability (2009 Corolla S)

by Enigma from Bay Area, California | July 13, 2013

Bought mine new in Feb. 2008. Never had any issues & have always kept up on all maintenance. My daughter loved it so much she bought her own in 2012, so the family tradition carries on. Couldn't be happier with my daily commuter. Now have 55,000 miles on it & counting. Toyota has kept their word on performance, reliability & value.

Great Performance from my 2.4

by XRS Enthusiast from Huntington, WV | May 16, 2013

Absolutely LOVE our 2009 Toyota Corolla XRS. This little baby performs like a sports car with the additional luxury of 30+ miles to a gallon! The XRS is well equipped, sporty, and performance that's hard to believe for a little 4 banger (2.4 158hp with 5 speed manual transmission w/OD). As a car enthusiast, most of my personal vehicles have been V8s and this was originally purchased for my wife as a commuter...now our preferred vehicle wherever we go. Never thought that would happen. If you haven't driven an XRS, you haven't truly experienced the best Corolla Toyota has to offer. Too bad they don't all come with the 2.4. If you can find a nice XRS, BUY IT!!!

Best Car Ever

by Luvmytoy from Ohio | March 8, 2013

Ordered mine in a standard shift due to living in snow conditions. Excellent manuverability! No spin-outs for me, thanks to my being in control of the shifting of gears! This car handles that with ease. Comfortable interior, great gas mileage (30-33 mpg), sassy exterior. No complaints....I love my toy! Hope to keep it another 10 years, and probably will!