2014 Toyota Corolla

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Love my Corolla

by tamsea from Ohio | April 18, 2014

"What a sharp looking car." My 23 year old son keep saying that to me. I love the sporty look on the outside and inside. It's so much more comfortable than previous Corolla models and there's just as much backseat leg room as the Camry. I'm short and it fits me perfectly. It fits my husband pretty well and he's 6'3". And it comes with Bluetooth and Backup camera as a regular part of the package. Love it!

Great Car!

by Kfilly from La Crosse, WI | April 12, 2014

I bought a 2014 Toyota Corolla LE just over a month ago. I primarily use my vehicle to commute to work and drive a few hours to visit my family. While it is not the most exciting vehicle to drive, it is a comfortable vehicle that gets very good gas mileage. I also expect the vehicle to be very reliable as the motor has been a very reliable one in the Toyota line up for awhile, and Toyota has been using CVT's (continuously variable transmission) in their Prius vehicles for a few years. I primarily drive my vehicle in a medium sized city. Most of my driving is done in town. I average approximately 32 miles per gallon in mixed driving. The car is very smooth and is fairly comfortable. If you want a sporty vehicle, this is not the car for you. The CVT shifts are hardly perceptible and there is very little engine drone for a vehicle that has a CVT. The engine is small. The car is somewhat slow to accelerate from a stop, but it is not horrible. I wish Toyota would have given the transmission a slightly lower starting gear ratio to help it accelerate a little quicker from a stop (approximately 10 second zero to sixty time). The vehicle does keep up with traffic, and I have never had any issues where acceleration has caused any problems (merging on freeways, passing vehicles, etc.). I am 5'11" tall with a fairly average build. I can easily find a comfortable driving position. Even though my driver's seat is pushed pretty much all the way back, I can still sit in the rear seat behind the driver seat with a few inches to spare. The seats are fairly comfortable. People taller than six foot might not have enough head room in the rear seat. Even though the vehicle claims to have room for five adult passengers, four is the practical limit for trips of any duration. I have the middle of the road Entune system in my vehicle (6" display without navigation). The system is easy to use. It automatically pairs phones to phones that are set up to the system (If my wife takes my vehicle, her phone will automatically pair with my vehicle). The display is very bright, and it doesn't get washed out when the brightness level is maxed out. The screen also darkens down when the headlights are turned on. The sound quality is very good for a stock radio. The display can also be used to configure some things on the car which is kind of nice, and the display doubles as a trip computer (fuel efficiency/trip timer/range based on remaining fuel). All controls are easy to use and are close to the driver. The LE model also has heated mirrors, a back-up camera, and automatic climate control. There are a few things I dislike about the vehicle. Toyota used a soft touch material on the dash, but not on the top of the door sills where passengers might rest their arms. The plastic used at the top of the door is rock hard. I think Toyota should have switched the two materials as most people don't really touch their dash boards. The headlight switch has four positions instead of the typical three that I am used to from my previous vehicle. The headlight switch has the following positions: off, daytime running lights, parking lights, and headlights. The first time I drove my vehicle at night I was driving it in a well lit area, and I only had the parking lights on. I drove past a cop that was taking radar, and he didn't notice either as the parking lights are actually fairly bright. I think it would have been better to leave the daytime running lights on. The vehicle doesn't automatically turn headlights off when the vehicle is turned off. The sun visor is small and does not telescope on its mounting arm. I sit far back, and the visor doesn't reach my head if the sun is shining from the driver side window. There are no designated compartments to hold sunglasses. There is only one charging port for electronics (although there is a USB port that can be used for phones). I don't expect a basic sedan to have tons of extras, but it would be nice if manufacturers would listen to what a lot of customers want. I realize this car is targeted towards younger buyers. More charging ports would probably be a good thing for a generation that has been brought up and dependent upon electronic devices.

Corrolaa Rocks

by michaguz from Tonawanda | April 10, 2014

Love it .. Rented 2 X , Finnally bought . Best on Gas Milage !! I can Even fit my 5 Piece drum set in it and carry a customer . You have won me over Toyota !!

Most reliable car i have owned

by n/a from Palatka, florida | April 7, 2014

Very smooth drive, good fuel mileage, very dependable. This is my third toyota and I have continually been please with the performance .

New 2014 Corolla Eco Plus

by Kobosse from Gladstone, MO | March 29, 2014

So far a great car, Roomier than last years, great gas mileage, similar to a hybird or diesel. Plenty of power unless your a led footed racer! Better design that the old model. After 2 1/2 years I'm going to give it to my granddaughter for her first car. She can't wait.

I have purchased 18 new Toyotas

by Bill K from Neenah, Wisconsin` | March 26, 2014

I have purchased 18 new Toyotas. Corollas are great cars. I have had a number of Corollas, Camrys, a Tundra Avalon, Scions just to name a few. The 2014 Corolla is an improvement over the 13 model. It is comfortable,has good brakes and is plenty powerful. It is more quite. The cat feels substantial has a good heater and is fairly economical. I have had two new Corollas in 2014, an S model and now the ECO Plus. I like both each with the feeling of quality.

Best Car I've ever owned

by eywtrekker from St. Augustine, Florida | March 10, 2014

Love the car...very roomy and comfortable. Didn't think i really need to sync my cell phone ....but i did and I really do like this feature.. no having to dig my phone out of my purse when i want to make a call or if i receive a call. Also, I very much like the back up camera, it gives a very clear picture of what is behind the car.

Reasonable price and dependability

by Jaybird from Pearland,TX | February 28, 2014

The only thing I did not like was the discontinued safety lock for the trunk and access to the trunk from inside. I carry expensive camera equipment and this allows burglars to steal form the trunk at motels or parking garages. My old 2007 model allowed me to disconnect the trunk release. The other thing I had difficulty with is the speedometer, it is labeled in increments of 20 inside of 10.

Clear view no blind spots

by Good RIDE from florida | February 25, 2014

An important factor in purchasing a new 2014 corollaLE was the visibility, which was great. The car also sits up higher than the mazda 3 and honda civic. Actually did NOT want to purchase a Toyota but after running the numbers with a trade, Toyota turned out to be the best value, happy with the purchase.

worst car ever

by junk trash garbage from oak forest | February 9, 2014

piece of trash ...nothing but problems from first week. car is a piece of junk.wouldnt reccomend to my worst enemy