2003 Toyota Echo

35 city / 43 hwy

Overall

Awesome Little Car

by In the heat of Texas from Houston Texas | February 26, 2014

bought it new in 2003 - everything manual!! I will hit 318,000 miles by next week and it stills runs great. Starting to eat oil and the gas mileage has dropped a little it around 28 mpg on the highway. The front hood has taken it share of dings and it's starting to show some age. Still has plenty of "get up and go". It has conquered many Houston summers!!!

great buy

by echo from pennsylvania | January 6, 2013

roomy and fuel efficient.... has alot of power and drives great in the snow with the front wheel drive...

My Lil Echo,Echo,Echo

by Pony from Dubuque,Iowa from Dubuque,Ia | May 3, 2011

Bought my Echo on vacation in Vegas to replace my van whose tranny had crapped out.Fell in love with it's small exterior size but roominess inside.It had 155k on it when I bought it.Just drove 1700 miles from Vegas to Iowa.High of 40mpg and low of 34.This was through the mountains with the air on at 75-80 mph. Snappy little 1.5 motor is just plan fun to drive even around town.It is a bare bones car.Crank windows,no power windows,seats,or locks.Only thing I missed on 1700 jaunt was cruise.But when you add the fun factor into the equation I guess I really don't need any of them.On top of that just plain reliability. I really don't understand either why these didn't sell well in the U.S.I guess beauty is really in the eye of the beholder.

*required fiels

by *required field from | January 18, 2011

Have a maunual version. Baught it because it was cheap, comfortable, and had great gas milage. A car that looks ordinary, but is great.

best car ive owned

by ooh dillLy from sycamore, IL | May 19, 2009

this car was cheap reliable and the gas milage is great. . . this is the best car i have owned and i own the 5 speed model and it kicks butt. this is the car for anyone with a family cause i got it cause it was great for my wife and daughter! safe and cheap in insurance too and im a guy that aklways owned a sports car! toyota power! rock on!

Simply a great car

by Easy Driver from CT | May 2, 2009

Fabulous gas mileage. I average 35 in city and 40+ highway. Good pick-up. Overall a great car! Add weight and take time when driving in snow - it's a little car! It does handle well even in such adverse conditions.

ECHO Rocks!

by Napoleon Solo in his hot little Echo from Chicago | April 29, 2009

Nice room for a small car! Handles very well and great gas mileage! downer: Cranking the windows and hand-adjusting mirrors, but heck, this little baby is a superb vehicle and for the buck, is a toyota triumph. I know that they sold fast in Canada and Japan and not the U.S., home of gas hogs. If more buyers SAT in an Echo, they'd be as surprised as me. with the ample headroom. People have said they hate the dash in the center, but it is angled toward the driver and I got used to it and pretty much dig it for a very cool change. BIG trunk is great! Overdrive works great and a ice fast boost when it is disengaged. I've never loved a car like some owners do, but I do treasure my Echo!

I love my little ECHO

by He who looks for value from Vancouver, WA | April 1, 2009

I own a 2003 ECHO which I bought used. The car is bullet-proof. Although I would have appreciated some additional features I still remember how to hand crank a window down. The one thing I do sorely miss are power side mirrors. There are few things in life as annoying as having to adjust the passenger side mirror. Overall however, the car is GREAT!! It gets incredible mileage on the highway (44 MPG) and an overall economy of around 35 MPG. The sound system works well and I've grown accustomed to the center instrument panel. Frequent long distance trips do not call for an ECHO. But if you want a solid, comfortable, economical, and reliable car to run around town with, I don't think you can go wrong with an ECHO.

2003 Echo

by Loyal Toy owner from Cali | February 25, 2009

IDK bout your Echos, mine moves. I take Harleys, V-8 diesel SD ford trucks. V-6 fullsize trucks don't have a chance

My first car

by iTAB from LA, CA | April 15, 2008

I loved this car. I bought it with the MAN TRAN and the everything oh my god audio system. and the sports panels. I now have 213,839 Miles on it and the engine was making noise. The only thing thats ever went wrong. On the way to the shop a 18 wheeler got in the way while changing lanes. I spun across the freeway and took a car out with me. After the center divider stopped me. I got out of the car with some blood coming out where I hit my head on the seat beat adjuster. It sounds bad but driving at 90 miles an hour and surviving is a miracle. I miss my car and hope to see it in the after life. I went out and bought Yaris and reget it. I should have rebought an ECHO

Featured Services for this Toyota Echo