2005 Toyota Echo

35 city / 42 hwy

Overall

Great ugly economy car

by Marc from Ottawa, ON | August 14, 2013

I bought my 2005 Echo (manual) in 2007. Not as attractive as my old Tercel, but is just as reliable and easy on gas. Easy to drive & manoeuvre. Quiet on the highway. A bit more attention needed when driving on the highway in strong wind gusts. I don't know why some people complain about the centre console; it didn't take me anytime to get used to it. It takes no longer to look at a centre console than looking at one behind the steering wheel, people. It's still one shift of the eyes. People will complain about the silliest things. Apparently it has better gas mileage than the Yaris. I think I'll keep my Echo for awhile longer. I'll hate to see the day when I will have to trade it in for a newer vehicle.

Most Reliable Car I've Owned - really!

by Lucy the 2000 Echo from Central Maine | June 10, 2011

I was looking for a reliable car that got good mileage, at an affordable price, and I found it. She's cute, I love the high seating, and the instrument panel doesn't glare at me. (So there!) No other car has lasted nearly this long: at 180K miles, she's still going strong. Minimal repairs in the eight years I've had her. So she doesn't handle as well as some: I recognized that when I test-drove it. I take that into consideration when I drive. She suits me well; I'm quite pleased.

Perfect car to tow behind my motorhome

by Full-time RVer from Austin, TX | October 2, 2010

I bought my 2005 ECHO coupe with manual transmission in 2007 specifically because it can be towed without any modifications. It is perfect for towing by my mini motorhome. I don't see its exterior styling or interior design as problematic. True, the console placement was "different" and I had to get used to it, but how difficult is that?

Good litle ECO car

by Claus from Canada | October 18, 2009

If you can find the hatch back! Truly a great little car. The interior is unconventional, but on a design point of view remarkable.

Reliable little ugly thing...

by Robert M. from San Juan, PR | August 23, 2008

I bought a 2005 Toyota Echo a month ago. Let's face it... this car is not what you might consider a headturner. Not by a long shot. Even my 1998 Ford Expedition receives more admiring looks than the Echo but with gas prices well over the $3.25 a gallon the Echo is the best choice for everyday conmmuting specially around congested city streets. Aside for slight body blemishes the car is comfortable, AC is good, starts everytime without hesitation and will run all week on a $30 - $35 tank. Compare that to the $90 - $120 the Expedition was consuming every week. Definetly, I'm keeping this little ugly car.

Featured Services for this Toyota Echo