2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser

Starting MSRP

16–17 city / 20 hwy

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Rock solid but a few flaws

by ODEL from New Jersey | July 26, 2014

Got the 6SP manual which makes for an entertaining vehicle to drive. I knew about the bad visibility and I do not find this a serious issue. But the gas tank is way too small for a 16MPG truck: having to refill at 220 miles is cumbersome. Comfort and handling are truck like but you get an overall impression that this truck will last forever.

Glad I did it!

by hawkfinfan from Marion, IA | June 24, 2014

I just bought the FJ a few days ago so I gave the FJ 5* as I have had no issues. Gas mileage is low, but it is expected. I got the package with the rear view camera. Get this as spare wheel is a blind spot. I have had no problems backing up. Everyone stares at the styling. It is a winner. The only thing that is a pain is setting the Bluetooth phone numbers. All vehicles are a pain though doing this. You can hear the exhaust because of the storage area in back. It is a low rumble. It is not annoying in anyway, but if you come from a car, you will notice it.

FJ cruiser

by Florida Girl from Jax FL | June 19, 2014

Love driving on the beach and going fishing! I put rock star wheels for added exterior appeal. Perfect for my needs. Fun to drive and a added feeling of security to be able to get in and out of difficult situations. The last year they are making them which will only add to value.

GREAT 4X4 PERFORMANCE AND RELIABILITY

by Jim from Portland, Oregon | June 18, 2014

Unlike most SUVs today, FJ is still truck based. It has great ground clearance and is 4x4 capable. It sits up high so you can see in the rain and snow. The cargo space is not bad and when you are backing up, the rear view camera automatically comes on which solves previous concerns of rear visibility. Reliability is phenomenal.

A JOKE!!!!!

by WAY TO OVER PRICED!!!!! from SOUTH JERSEY | May 17, 2014

THESE ARE GREAT VEHICLES,BUT WHO THE HECK CAN AFFORD THESE WHEN THEY START OUT AT 34,000 UP TO 40,000.YOU CAN FORGET A MIDDLE CLASS WORKER LIKE MYSELF WHO REALLY WANTS ONE BUT THE DEALERSHIPS IN MY AREA WILL NOT WORK WITH YOU ,SO UNLESS YOU HIT THE LOTTERY FORGET BUY ONE!!!!

Exactly what you expect

by oti from 17110 | May 14, 2014

I expected a high quality vehicle that was excellent off-road yet refined enough for the daily commute. This is it. It rides nicer than a Jeep, goes off-road like a Jeep, and is a distinctive and high quality vehicle. When I pay over 30K for a vehicle, I expect it to be high-quality, and it is. I love that the interior is simple yet has everything you need; I'm not driving a computer. It's rugged and solid and I really love it. I don't have kids, so you should consider that. I gave it a 4 on comfort because it's not an urban SUV. That's not what I wanted though, and I got exactly what I expected! Just a pleasure to drive...

The Best SUV......period

by Dano from Ohio | May 4, 2014

This is my 2nd FJ Cruiser. Since Toyota has decided to discontinue production after 2014 I wanted to get one of the last ones. It will be the last vehicle of this type I will buy. Having recently retired my wife and I and our 4 dogs plan on doing a lot more of the outdoor activities we love, mainly camping at our state parks and out of state vacations. We tow a pop-up camper and take 2 of the 4 dogs with us. The FJ tows the pop-up with ease. As a daily driver the ride is very compliant,quiet and comfortable. The gas mileage is decent, the unique style sets it apart from everything else on the market. The Bluetooth and JBL audio system w/subwoofer is great. I love this vehicle and I am disappointed with Toyota for ending production.

Like a kid again

by Wayne O from Wolcott New York | May 3, 2014

The FJ cruiser is one of those rare vehicles that makes you feel like a kid again. Remember sitting in one of your dads trucks with all those big buttons and knobs everywhere. From its huge doorhandles to its large climate control buttons. Switches and gauges everywhere high off the ground made for the mud and fun. If you have the opportunity to ride in one go for it if you had the opportunity to buy one don't let it pass you by you will love it.