2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser

16–17 city / 20 hwy

Overall

Bombproof

by jay from Philadelphia, pa area | August 17, 2015

I bought this FJ in 2007 and have not had a single mechanical issue with it. The only problem is that the 2007 alloy wheels have the chrome-alloy finish peeling off nearest the brake rotors on the inside-face of the spokes. The exterior finish has not deteriorated otherwise despite being in the sun, driven off road, salt and rocks in winter and northeast muggy heat waves. In fact, since this is my beater vehicle and bike-hauler, it doesn't even get to go through a carwash (mostly because the hitch rack never comes off.....ever. I lost the key in 2011. (I'll cut the rack off when it's time.) So I am amazed that the paint has not deteriorated whatsoever. Read that again, I have never had any vehicle in my 52 long years that didn't have some paint deterioration or even rust/corrosion like this Tank. It has been in minor accidents (Teenagers) and some nasty weather but seems to shrug off any adversity. The milage is not too high, but even though, it has not required anything other than a new battery, tires and the occasional filters of various sorts. The brakes are still original, the entire mechanical suite hasn't really needed any work and other than some aftermarket add-ons (bluetooth gadget via the aux port, wiring harness for the occasional trailer-prior to rack key loss, etc) this vehicle does not have reliability or even maintanence issues. I am thinking of giving to my daughter and getting a newer one.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

I love my FJ!

by Original '07 Owner from Tallahassee, FL | May 26, 2015

I bought my '07 FJ in August '06 while it was still at sea. It had only 5 miles on it and now has over 192k!! This has been the most reliable vehicle I have ever bought. As long as you keep it maintained, it will last a very long time. I plan on keeping my FJ, installing a new engine and giving it to my son in 3 years. I know it will still be running and will still look awesome! I may buy a 2014 model when I give mine up to my kid. LOVE IT!!

Very Pleased

by Just Got One of the last ones left from Miami, Florida | March 13, 2015

Just got one of the last few new FJ Cruisers left since they were discontinued after th 2014 model year. Rented one when I was in Oregon a couple of years ago and loved it. Has rugged looks and excellent offroad capabilities while being very civilized and comfortable for city driving as well. Fuel economy is what it is (wasn't expecting a whole lot). Solidly built. Love it and am very happy to have gotten one of the last few new ones left.

The Tank

by Tank from Phoenix, Arizona | October 12, 2014

This vehicle is awesome on and off the road. Surprisingly being a jeep/SUV vehicle, it provides the comfort was of a car. Highly reliable and with Toyotas warranty behind it, you can't go wrong.

Rock solid but a few flaws

by ODEL from New Jersey | July 26, 2014

Got the 6SP manual which makes for an entertaining vehicle to drive. I knew about the bad visibility and I do not find this a serious issue. But the gas tank is way too small for a 16MPG truck: having to refill at 220 miles is cumbersome. Comfort and handling are truck like but you get an overall impression that this truck will last forever.

Glad I did it!

by hawkfinfan from Marion, IA | June 24, 2014

I just bought the FJ a few days ago so I gave the FJ 5* as I have had no issues. Gas mileage is low, but it is expected. I got the package with the rear view camera. Get this as spare wheel is a blind spot. I have had no problems backing up. Everyone stares at the styling. It is a winner. The only thing that is a pain is setting the Bluetooth phone numbers. All vehicles are a pain though doing this. You can hear the exhaust because of the storage area in back. It is a low rumble. It is not annoying in anyway, but if you come from a car, you will notice it.

FJ cruiser

by Florida Girl from Jax FL | June 19, 2014

Love driving on the beach and going fishing! I put rock star wheels for added exterior appeal. Perfect for my needs. Fun to drive and a added feeling of security to be able to get in and out of difficult situations. The last year they are making them which will only add to value.

GREAT 4X4 PERFORMANCE AND RELIABILITY

by Jim from Portland, Oregon | June 18, 2014

Unlike most SUVs today, FJ is still truck based. It has great ground clearance and is 4x4 capable. It sits up high so you can see in the rain and snow. The cargo space is not bad and when you are backing up, the rear view camera automatically comes on which solves previous concerns of rear visibility. Reliability is phenomenal.

A JOKE!!!!!

by WAY TO OVER PRICED!!!!! from SOUTH JERSEY | May 17, 2014

THESE ARE GREAT VEHICLES,BUT WHO THE HECK CAN AFFORD THESE WHEN THEY START OUT AT 34,000 UP TO 40,000.YOU CAN FORGET A MIDDLE CLASS WORKER LIKE MYSELF WHO REALLY WANTS ONE BUT THE DEALERSHIPS IN MY AREA WILL NOT WORK WITH YOU ,SO UNLESS YOU HIT THE LOTTERY FORGET BUY ONE!!!!

Exactly what you expect

by oti from 17110 | May 14, 2014

I expected a high quality vehicle that was excellent off-road yet refined enough for the daily commute. This is it. It rides nicer than a Jeep, goes off-road like a Jeep, and is a distinctive and high quality vehicle. When I pay over 30K for a vehicle, I expect it to be high-quality, and it is. I love that the interior is simple yet has everything you need; I'm not driving a computer. It's rugged and solid and I really love it. I don't have kids, so you should consider that. I gave it a 4 on comfort because it's not an urban SUV. That's not what I wanted though, and I got exactly what I expected! Just a pleasure to drive...