2006 Toyota Highlander Hybrid

Available in 4 styles:  2006 Toyota Highlander Hybrid 4dr AWD shown

Overall

Love it!

by Hybrid Enthusiast from Wauwatosa, WI | November 21, 2012

Just recently purchased the 2006 Limited (2 weeks ago), after looking at them and contemplating buying one for over a year. I paid a little less than $15k for a loaded model with just under 90k miles and one owner. I absolutely love driving it - a step up from the plush minivan that I had been driving. I got over 400 miles on my first tank of gas with mixed driving - an average of 27 mpg for November in WI. I like the way it looks, both inside and out. I am looking forward to taking it on a couple of long winter trips next month!

Awesome Highlander Hybrid

by Satisfied Owner from San Diego, CA | August 20, 2012

Bought it new in 2006 when it first came out. Never had any problem for six years now. Drove it in the snow a few times with great traction on a mountainous area of Washington state. Went on a long multi-state drive with ease & comfort. I love the acceleration, keeps up and faster than some sport sedans. MPG is in mid-low 20s but because I drive it like a sports car and still better MPG than any other AWD SUVs.

Love toyota

by truck driver from west virginia | July 4, 2012

the 06 highlander was my first experince with the toyota brand. the best auto i every owned. gm ford jeep dodge have a long way to catch up. We now have a lexus and it is even better. Best investment I have every made in autos.

2006_HiHy_Great_MPG_Nice_Acceleration!

by LUV_My_HiHy from Tacoma, Wa | June 5, 2012

They say on the label that the Highlander Hybrid AWD is rated at 33/30, MPG. I am very pleased to be getting an average 27 MPG in a very hilly area. I tow a utility trailer on occasion and have a family of 6. We all fit, (Car seats included!) I can fit 7 adults with no trouble. When I am the only one in the vehicle, I can truly get the rated 0-60 in 7.1 seconds. I have no concerns about getting on the freeway, and the traction control keeps it tight to the road. Even in this wet North West climate, I don't slip. It is a 2-seater pickup, a 5-seat sedan, and a 7- seat SUV all in 1! I love this SUV.

exceded expectations

by Tank from Montgomery,AL | January 2, 2012

I reluctantly purchased this car new in 2006. When I say reluctantly it was because it is a hybrid blend and I wasn't sure what I was gettiny myself in to. It was a Toyato though and the dealership made me a heck of a deal to move the car as others buyers were having some of the same anxieties as I.A any rate I'm very glad I did purchase this car as it's the best car I've ever owned.It is fairly priced,great fuel milage,insurance affordable.almost maintenance free,uses 87oct,and has 255,000 and going strong.

Wonderful, fuel efficient SUV with 3 rows of seati

by ThriftyT from Fishers, Indiana | December 26, 2011

When it was time to replace our 2004 Honda Odyssey LX, we knew we wanted an suv with a 3rd row of seating for our kids' friends, if needed. My top choice was the Buick Enclave, due to it's remarkable styling and amenities. However, it's not rated very well on Consumer Reports. The practical side of me kicked in. I purchased a 2006 Toyota Highlander Hibrid for $18k with 80k miles on it. Leather interior, heated seats, a sunroof, 3rd row seating, perfect condition all appealled to me. I must say that I am very pleased with the car. The ride is smooth, design is great, and it's roomy enough for my family of 5. I would rate it all 5s but I don't think that the mileage is quite as good as promised. The dash message says I'm getting 25.6 mpg, but I think I'm getting more like 22 mpg, which is 6 mpg better than the Odyssey and 8 mpg better than the Enclave. Also, I don't love the way the car feels when it shifts out of gas and into the battery. . . to me it should be seamless.

Awesome Vehicle

by jbcar man from arizona | September 22, 2011

great mileage and reliable have owned for 6 years and love it would buy another one for sure drive it you'll like it

Wonderful power

by old lady from Pasadena from bakersfield, CA | May 27, 2011

On the highway and in town, this car is a joy to drive. Good pick-up and maneuverability. Good cargo space. Overall a fine automobile

Great buy

by Happy Customer from Columbus, IN | April 11, 2011

I was very pleased with the purchase of a 2006 Toyota Highlander Hybrid which I found on Cars.com. A great price for a quality vehicle.

SUV with good gas mileage

by DC Family/Business man from Washington DC | November 10, 2010

I bought the car used, at a great deal at 66,000 miles. Drive mostly highway and am getting avg 25miles/gal. Limited edition offers good package: heated seats, JBL audio, power seats. 3rd row seat was important criteria at purchase to have room for visitors. Have owned the car for 4 months/6k miles, so far I am very happy.