2011 Toyota Highlander Hybrid

28 city / 28 hwy

Overall

BEST MPG 7-Passenger SUV - Exactly What I Wanted

by Z GIRL from Boston, MA | October 10, 2011

After months of searching for the perfect 7- Passenger SUV, I found exactly what I was looking for in the 2011 Toyota Highlander Hybrid Limited. Gas mileage is incredible, and I average anywhere from 28-30 mpg combined, but I've had to learn to lay off the gas a bit to achieve that rate. I can usually go around 430 miles on a tank of gas!! I love it!! I am a full-time working mom, and drive combined city and highway miles. There is plenty of room for the kids and their soccer gear and I love that the rear seats recline for long trips. Also, plenty of cup holders throughout the vehicle. The ride is smooth and quiet, handling is superb! The GPS can be a bit confusing and I still haven't been able to sync my garage door openers to my car yet. Handsfree features are very nice as well, although at times I feel like I am shouting when trying to talk to someone through the car's system. The Limited trim level is the way to go, definitely worth the upgrade in my opinion.

I love this car!!!!

by New hybrid fan from Boston, MA | July 29, 2011

I really do love this car, and am thrilled to be a Toyota owner again after 8 painful years with a Volvo... the car handles well, I am getting great mileage and already paying so much less in gas than I did with the Volvo wagon that I am so happy. I am wondering how the car will hold up in the snow once winter arrives, but so far it has done quite well in heavy rain so that has worked out well (the Volvo slid and fishtailed even in rain, forget the snow!). My children love the third row of seats and I appreciate that it is so easy to fold the seats up and down, as well as to replace the middle section of the second row. My only complaint so far is that the rear door doesn't always close right away. I often need to try closing it 2 or 3 times before it finally catches.

GREAT VEHICLE!!!!

by DrewbyTwoShoes from Fort Wayne IN | July 8, 2011

LOVE this car! It's great to haul kids and stuff--very roomy and gets great gas mileage (unlike my previous SUV, a Volvo). I love not being a slave to high gas prices, but managing to have enough room to take my two boys, their friends, and our two dogs to the lake and back! My only complaint is that there's no USB or power outlet in the second row seat which is just mainly an inconvenience... And the dash is nice, but I wish it wasn't so plastic-y....

Great solution for gas mileage and convenience

by Still Needed a People/Possessions Mover from Potomac, MD | March 4, 2011

We had just gotten rid of our most recent Toyota Sienna and gotten my mid-life crisis Maxima 2010, which is/was a cool responsive car. Unfortunately, neither of us could get comfortable in the front seats, and kept hitting our heads on the inside door top when entering. It didn't carry much either. Finally, it was quite low to the road and visibility was an issue. Solution: Toyota Highlander Hybrid; great gas mileage (averaging 26/27mpg in mixed driving), great amount of room to haul stuff, great seating flexibility, excellent view of the road, very comfortable seating, and enough pickup to get out into traffic when you need it. Costs about $10K more, but we think it's worth it.