2013 Toyota Highlander Hybrid

28 city / 28 hwy

Overall

Love my Toyoya Highlander Hybred

by Mom of Two from Portland, Oregon | April 8, 2014

We bought my Toyota Highlander Hybred last may and I love it. I am averaging 32MPG, BUT that is really dependent on how you drive this truck. In town driving like you should it is easy to get 32mpg, but if you can not keep your foot out of the accelerator it will not give you the gas mileage you are looking for. On long trips driving in the mountains I get between 26 and 28MPG, but that is driving 70, so I am sure it would do much better if I was driving at a lower speed limit. I have plenty of room for my family. Two car seat fit fine. Drives very nice in the snow and ice.

most reliable car I've owned

by ianmichael from decatur,il | November 9, 2013

A+ nice ride, good gas mileage, quiet on the road,the interior looks great lot of room, and even more room when you fold the back seats down

Not as good as expected

by Andreas from San Jose, CA | July 14, 2013

We were looking for a fairly big car with good gas mileage and while this car fullfills this requirement, there are some very clear wrong statements in the advertising and short comings with this car. Wrong statements : If you don't change your driving style, there is no way to get a 28/28 mpg with this car. Over the last 4000 miles, my wife got overall 24.4 mpg with probably a mix of 50/50 of highway/city driving. She is not driving overly agressive, but she hasn't learned the "hybrid driving" way means basically "no acceleration", "drive slower as the speed limit" and so on. The car has some very annoying "features" for a car in a price range of >$45k. A few examples : the key looks to be for 15k car - basically very cheap - please look at your competitors, the navigation system is really bad and doesn't allow passengers to enter a new target while driving, the design of the seat warmer switches is probably the worst I have ever seen and the brand new central radio / navi / traffic .... system is far behind competitors systems. These are some of the annoying things with this car. Also - get used to the fact that maintenance is not incldued at all - like with many other competitors. You pay from day 1 for any maintenance needs. This was our first Toyota and I have to say, I am not too impressed and I am not certain we will go this way again in the future.

Very well thought out vehicle

by Burl from Maine | February 16, 2013

I generally purchase the best in a class of auto and then run for at least ten years. Toyota has earned it's high reputation for reliability and value. This vehicle gives me 29.8 MPG with excellent security and plenty of power. Starts well at -18* and goes well in heavy snow. We are very happy.

A most desirable and reliable hybriod

by Hybrid Enthusiast from Thornton, Colorado | February 6, 2013

My 2013 Highlander Hybrid Limited is a most desirable auto in all repects. My other auto is a 2009 Highlander Hybrid Limited with 50,00o + miles. I am so satisfied with it that I kept it.

HIGHLANDER HYBRID

by LANDSCAPING from DURHAM, CT | February 1, 2013

TRADED IN A 2008 HIGHLANDER HYBRID FOR A 2013 HIGHLANDER HYBRID LIMITED . GOT A GREAT TRADE IN VALUE AND THE LIMITED HAS ALL POSSIBLE OPTION INCLUDED IN THIS MODEL. NEVER HAD THE 2008 BROUGHT IN FOR ANY SERVICE BUT OIL CHANGES. AVERAGE MPG WAS 26 MPG. WITH GAS GOING UP THIS CAR WILL PAY FOR ITSELF.

Love this Hybrid

by Love Aston Martin from Kansas City, MO | January 27, 2013

Bought a new 2013 Highlander Hybrid Limited, and love the vehicle. Drove it on a 1,800 mile trip and the ride and feel were great. Got 27 - 28 mpg on the trip. Have gotten as much as 28.5 in town. The Limited is loaded, with features, lots of cup holders for passengers, great if you have kids. Love the 3D view of the Navigation system. It is quite to drive and there was very little road noise.