2002 Toyota Highlander

Available in 6 styles:  2002 Toyota Highlander 4dr FWD shown

Overall

Very dependable, great performance

by recruit307 from Washington DC | October 15, 2013

I have had this car for 12 years, still drives like new. Gas mileage is ok, not great, but that is what you get with a 2002 4WD 6 cylinder. Handles great, very dependable, good in the snow or dry pavement. This engine is a workhorse. I had the same engine in my Solara and Avalon.

Sadly Disapointed

by tm from Chicago, IL | July 30, 2013

11 yrs ago, I purchased my very first new 2002 Toyota Highlander. I was told that Toyota vehicles last a long time. Sadly to report, not in this case. My vehicle started burning oil at 130,000 miles, burning between 4-5 quarts of oil between oil changes. The dealership told me that I need a new engine. Since, the warranty had expired replacing the engine is my responsibility. I service my vehicle as required therefore I don't understand why I need a new engine. Also experiencing issue with the window on the driver side. The window rolls down as I turn the car off and close the door. There is sometimes a delay when the window rolls down.

Very Pleased!

by Doug from Berkley,,MI | April 7, 2013

I recently purchased my 2002 Toyota Highlander from the Tom Wood Jaguar dealership in Indianapolis, IN. I'm very happy and pleased with the car. It had 104,000 miles and I'm anticipating having no problems with driving it for another 250,000 miles. The only complaint that I have is a small squeaking noise coming from the inside of the vehicle.The previous owner took excellent care of the vehicle. I have received many comments from friends and relatives stating that they can't believe how clean and nice the car looks. The carfax report was clean on the vehicle. I would not have purchased the vehicle without the FREE carfax report from the dealer, it was a must in my decision making process! On a scale of 1-10 of overall satisfaction of the vehicle and Toyota, I would give them both a sound 10.

Good quality car

by top notch driver from Overland Park, Ks | April 7, 2013

Good quality car; for transporting kids to/from activities, along with carrying their equipment or school necessities.

Second most reliable SUV I've owned.

by An enthusiast of this vintage SUV from Olympia area | December 18, 2012

Just recently purchased... this vehicle should last me a few years even though it's 10 years old, it had one owner, with 47,000 miles clocked. It has the Base Trim with an "Option Package B"... installed during the manufacturing process, i.e. Leather; seats, steering wheel, shifter knob, door trim. Rear spoiler, six spoke alloy wheels with locks, roof rack, 8-way power seat w/lumber support, privacy glass. Came with new Michelin tires, new WeatherTech floor mats, 6-month power train warranty. Has a few scuff marks under front bumper and rear mud flaps otherwise in excellent condition. Exterior: millennium silver metallic. I'm happy! miguelito.

Better off in an Escape

by Wilson from Bay Area, CA | June 24, 2012

Bought new and put 100k on it before I sold it. Couldn't keep the check engine light off, one thing would fail after another. Finally it went off for about a week and some poor moron bought it off me. It was hardly more reliable than my old CRV which is just straight JUNK. I took the money I made off of this and got myself a nice used Escape and it has just been brilliant. More comfortable, better handling, more powerful, more economical, more practical, and from what I can tell much, much, much better built. The only downside to the Escape is the ugly plastic on the lower body but when I took it off roading on some rocks it all made cense. It got scratched up but was very cheap to replace. Anyway though do yourself a favor don't get this go buy a Ford.

Purchased Used

by KayakerGirl from Milwaukee, WI | November 21, 2011

There are several things that I really like about the Toyota Highlander I recently purchased used. It's a comfortable ride and will make transporting my kayak much easier. Although, the cost of gas is a drawback and I've had several issues with it that I've since found out are common problems. One is with the "check engine" light and various problems associated with what fixes that issue. The other has been with regulating the heat in the vehicle. Other than those items, the vehicle has been a great fit for me and my lifestyle and I'm really looking forward to having the AWD in the snow!

last forever

by everydaydriver from Fort Lauderdale, FL. | October 18, 2011

I bought this car new in 2001. Now it has over 150k. Minor maintenance required. A real reliable sport utility. Plenty of storage for luggage (I fit five big trunks in the back) and room for five adults. I will probably buy another one 50k from now. Mine is a 4 cylinder and still gets 21 mpg/hwy.

Great Car_Gas Not so Much

by Highlander Owner from MA | May 13, 2010

I bought a 2002 Highland AWD, V6 2 years ago. I had in Infiniti Qx4 prior to this car. The car doesn't have the greatest turning radius or gas mileage. I was getting 22 at best on the highway. However, overall, I love the way the car took off and drove. The engine is super quiet while idle and driving. The only repair I had done was an exhaust leak. Oil changes at every 3000 miles kept my car running smoothly.

reliable car

by minisuv from richmond,va | February 19, 2010

higlander is the best suv in 3.0.cosume less gas then honda and trailblazer.great view and comforts,

Featured Services for this Toyota Highlander