2004 Toyota Highlander

Available in 6 styles:  2004 Toyota Highlander AWD shown

Overall

Still the best vehicle

by Love my toyota from Maryland | April 11, 2013

My 2004 Toyota Highlander runs as smooth and comfortable as it did the day I bought it and much better than the new vehicles I test drove this month. Great SUV giving you the comfort of a car but the cargo and all-wheel drive of an SUV. Has been very reliable.

Very pleased

by Jeri from Palmdale, Ca | March 19, 2012

Bought 2004 Toyota Highlander Limited, fully loaded, one owner, superb CarFax, with 101,000 miles. Very pleased

2004 Highlander Limited

by Toyota Lover from Minnesota | February 1, 2012

Bought new and it's been a great SUV. No major issues. Stock tires only lasted 30K. Third seat is great for my kids and their friends. I didn't realize how much I needed or would use it until after I had it.

So far so good.......no complaints

by Family guy from the Chicago Suburbs from Chicago suburbs | June 14, 2011

This has been a great car. Now at 111k and going strong, with only a timing belt change at 90k and power steering problem fixed under warranty. Car was broadsided by DUI individual, my kids emerged unscathed. Fixed by Toyota, we expect many more years out of it, until the next car, another Highlander of course. Very happy with the purchase when new, didn't think we would like it like we do.

Lucky So Far

by Family Guy from West Chicago suburbs | April 24, 2011

Bought our V6 new, we now have 109k on it. Really a great car. Very reliable! The only issue is with the cloth seats, which get dirty easily. Otherwise, very happy with the car.

Been Driving Mine for 6+ Years--Still Going Strong

by Chicago Guy from Chicago, Illinois | June 30, 2010

Bought my Limited new in May of 2004. Have only put about 42,000 miles on it. It still drives like new. Ive never had any need to do anything except routine maintenance. I will mention that in stop and go (read city expressway at rush hour) there is a bit of a hesitation when trying to accellerate quickly--has always bugged me jsut a bit. Otherwise I think it is a terrific vehicle... and to-date, my favorite car that Ive owned. Highly recommended.

Good Solid Vehicle

by Carl_Barl from Pittsburgh, PA | February 17, 2010

I purchased my 2004 Highlander from a private party. It had 7K miles. It now has 147K and is going strong. This is a very reliable SUV. The only major repairs has been the replacement of the timing belt, which cost about $700. I have had to deal with the usual issues concerning brakes and rotors. The cabin is still relatively squeak free. No major noises. The only complaint I have about the Highlander is the transmission. It doesn't shift very smooth from 1st to 2nd gear. If you are coasting at 5 mph or kinda do a half stop at a stop sign, the shift to second gear is very harsh. I have learned to feather the gas pedal as I try to accelerate. I really don't like the way it constantly downshifts from OD to 5th gear when you have the cruise control engaged and are going up a slight grade. That is very annoying. I end up releasing the manual OD button that is on the shifter. If you are going up a hill the car is constantly downshifting and upshifting. I have grown used to it. The car is roomy and has a 3rd row in the back which helps with the grandkids, although there isn't any room for an adult back there. The MPG isn't great, but then again it is a V6 with lots of power. I travel to Eastern PA fequently and I can go about 325 miles on a tank of gas. The car is great in the snow. Overall, I am very satisfied with my Highlander.

2004 Highlander: Very nice vehicle

by tmmoore52 from Chicagoland | October 30, 2009

This is the 1st Toyota I've purchased. I researched different SUVs for over 8mos. before buying it. What a great car! We've had some minor problems: lens covers melting over D/R lights & poor factory tires. But overall the best vehicle I've ever purchased. It is great family car.

A Great Car!

by highlander enthusiast from | July 13, 2009

What a great car for anyone: families, college students, couples... I love my Highlander! It has been so reliable and comfortable for my family of 5.

I love this car

by Patty from New Jersey | March 25, 2009

I had the toyota rav 4 for about four yrs and it worked great but it was too small and it was paid for. but it started to act up and no one could find the problem so my hubby told me he was taking it to some where else four hours later he comes back with the highlander 2004 oh my goodness I love this car better than the rav4 and it's so big and drives like a dream. I would recommend this car to my family. very wonderful car that I feel comfortable in.

Featured Services for this Toyota Highlander