2007 Toyota Highlander

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Great Set of Wheels!

by Highlander Fan from Wisconsin | September 16, 2012

I love this vehicle! The Highlander may lack a flashy and trendy style but it is comfortable, provides a smooth ride, is dependable and reliable. My personal opinion is that the craftsmanship gets very high marks when you look at the lines, the materials, and how the materials flow with the design compared with other makes. True, the designers need to upbeat the creative but that's not what I look for in a set of wheels. I look for a car that I can trust.

Nice vehicle but there are better options

by ttsy from Baltimore, MD | April 6, 2011

A couple months ago we traded in a highlander for a CX-9. The Highlander was not a bad vehicle at all. But like many Toyota's it lacks style. So if your looking for something flashy, it is not a great option. Where it did excel is reliability. The highest maintenance bill we had was $427.00. That was one time, every time from then on we never paid more that $60 for service. Surprisingly it is good on gas for an SUV. We averaged around 22-27 mpg. The downside is the Highlander is smaller than other suvs in its class. It doesn't seem much bigger than a Rav4. Ours had a 3rd row but unless you are 5 feet our under it's not that useable, although the second row does slide. The interior is pretty boring, but it is very easy to use everything. Ours had a V6 and the power was decent but it could have benefitted from an extra 20 horses or so. The ride is very smooth, it sucks up bumps well. All in all the Highlander is a good vehicle. However, I feel for the price, features, ergonomics, and driving dynamics that there are better options such as the Murano, Cx-9, or Veracruz.

Very happy with 07 highlander

by Windermere Realtor from Gig Harbor , WA | January 17, 2011

Looked at Outback, CRV, also but settled on the highlander. Comfort is great, interior layed out well nice touch with the wood. No blind spots with D post. Quiet. Darker glass is harder to see out of when backing at night. Wish gas milage was a little better always had 4 cylinders 6 uses more but knew that going in. Had it 4 months and wife still loves it.

good car buy decision

by new to foreign cars from Marshall, MN | December 22, 2010

I bought a 2007 Toyota Highlander with 72,000 miles on it. I like the auto 4wd and traction control. I can get 27 mpg on the highway if I drive 55, don't use the AC (during warm months), and drive decent (no jack rabbit starts and stops). I used to have a car before this SUV, and really enjoy the extra ground clearance my Highlander gives me. The only things I would change are the manual driver seat controls (make them electric) & placement of the moon roof switch. It is very close to garage door buttons.

Not a good choice

by I Know Cars from Newark, NJ | March 10, 2010

The highlander is made cheaply like most Toyota products. It rattles and makes noices like banging tin cans together. It does not handle well and is very clumsy.

Not that good

by Car Bob from Warrenton,VA | December 16, 2008

I have had this just over 2 years. All I can say it’s a car not a SUV, but one thing it is equal with is the gas millage of a SUV. I get 22mpg no matter how or where I drive. The overall quality of this car is not very good cheap materials and bad paint. And the car is overpriced for what you get in this car (SUV). I tell everyone to stay away from this car (SUV). Dealer will mark this car (SUV) up 4000 to 5000 and after you get the car it will drop about 6000 in bluebook value. Reseal not good! Not a great deal.

Best Car

by Michelle from San Diego, CA | November 21, 2008

This was my first car and it is a 2007 Toyota Highlander I was looking into other cars and nothing about them really stood out to me until i saw the highlander the whole idea of the car was perfect my parents were looking for something with a lot of airbags which it had, a lot of safety features, and good review which the highlander exceeded. It is extremely roomy and really comfortable I would recommend this for any beginning driver and for parents looking for a car to buy for their son or daughter.

Bought used with 30,961 miles on it

by Toyota Fan from Mooresville, NC | September 19, 2008

I bought the 2007 Highlander after my RAV 4 was totaled because I wanted a sturdier car. I love the way this car handles and enjoy the extra room. I wish the car had automatic locks though. The exterior paint and the interior console seems to chip or mark easily. Other than that I really love this car.

Great Car I've Ever Dreamt Of

by l1lm1k3 from California | October 20, 2007

This car is very awesome in everything, but I really disappointed about the exterior body paint quality it was very bad. The paint chiped so easy. That's all i can say Overall is awesome... Regards, Mike

Perfect All Around mid-size SUV

by Practicle Reviewer from Scottsdale, AZ | July 19, 2007

4wd Limited - The vehicle is a perfect blend of car comfort, handling, MPG and value, along with the space and key features of a SUV. The intuitive interior design, the material quality, the powertrain (V6 5spd auto) is perfect in its acceleration, responsiveness, and fuel economy. A/C blows ice cold in triple digit summer days (AZ) - My only 'wish' is for an aux. input for an iPod and a higher quality sounding stereo (I have the JBL upgrade). Those to items are easily remedied.