2010 Toyota Highlander

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Best Buy So Far

by fooferny from | June 1, 2014

I am so pleased with my new Highlander. There is just enough room for my family of 4 without feeling like I am driving a van. This car handles the road easily and is a perfect fit for us.

Reliable SUV

by Crystal from Knoxville, TN | October 9, 2013

Reliable small SUV, good MPG, fair amount of room with 3rd row seating, features on Limited model are nice

Family SUV

by Sunees from Woodbridge, VA | August 12, 2013

I bought a Highlander, I realy like it. I had Toyota Rav4, its not bad but Highlander is better than Rav4. Highlander is very comfortabe for long drive, gas millage is also not bad I got 22/gal. Seating capacity is 8 so its good for family. Anyway I like it...........

Shopping for another Highlander

by Toyota fan from Duluth, MN | June 12, 2013

I have a 2005 Highlander with 180,000 miles. The only repair needed was a front wheel bearing. I get up to 24 mpg on trips, 19 in town. Runs like new, but we take a lot of long trips, so I'm looking for a new or nearly new. highlander. It is very comfortable, good in Minnesota winters, and hauls a lot. Best car I ever had!

Very happy with it!

by Car Guy from Chicago | May 18, 2013

Bought a highlander limited V6 with all the options except rear DVD player back in April 2010. Have not had any issues. This crossover is just that, some SUV functionality but a car like ride. It's got a pretty decent pick up for its size. The pros are that its very reliable, a smooth ride, very nice interior, dare I say even fun to drive. The cons: once you add all the options, it starts to get pricey. I would think harder next time about adding so many options. It has third row seats, which is very handy, but forget about storage space without a rooftop container. Bit thirsty. Overall, very happy with this crossover.

Just what I was looking for

by Dudley from Mount Vernon, IN | December 22, 2012

After much research, I decided I wanted to purchase a Toyota Highlander, but did not wish to pay the price for a new model. I searched only for 2010 Highlanders with fewer than 30,000 miles, and found an immaculate 2010 Highlander AWD V-6 with 16,800 miles, tan leather interior, back-up camera, auto heating and air (thermostat), heated outside mirrors, and other extras. I have owned the vehicle one month and have been quite pleased overall.

Great SUV thus far

by SUV owner w/ dog from Chicago | July 30, 2012

This review is 100% unbiased, as I'm a previous Jeep and Honda owner and have never been a Toyota fan. However, after endless research and test drives, the current model Toyota Highlander (2008-2012) seemed the best overall deal for me in this class. Planned on buying 2008 but found a good deal on a 2010 instead. Here is what won me over vs Pilot or Grand Cherokee: 1. best overall fuel economy (money) +++ 2. low maintenance (less money) 3. 2nd row configurable captain's chairs (kids) ++ 3. 3rd row foldable seat (more kids/pets) Until Jeep improves their fuel economy or Honda improves the clunky look of their SUV, I'll probably stick to this model.

Wonderful SUV

by Kathy in Highlander from Missouri | July 29, 2012

It's the car that made me not hate the SUV - they're big and gas hogs, but it's so much fun to drive, so safe, and so plush that it's worth compromising. Will be hard to go back to a high MPG subcompact!

Nice ride

by JoJoWhite from | June 27, 2011

So far so good, 58000 miles in 1.5 years. No problems at all. Very reliable, hope it stays this way for a long time.

2010 Toyota Highlander - overall, FUN to drive!

by operius from Northern Virginia | March 21, 2011

First off, this car is FUN to drive! I have the 2010 Highlander Limited with navigation. DON'T let the dealer talk you into the spray coating on the bottom!! It does not really deaden sound that much, and tends to overheat, melt, and then drip onto the garage floor. The drivability is great, the limited feature set is nice. Overall I really like this SUV! However, you need to be aware of some caveats: a) Poor gas mileage if you are mostly on local streets or in stop-and-go traffic. The car is fun enough that it does not matter to me, but I am feeling the pinch at the pump! b) The backup camera gets condensate or maybe even a leak inside!! It is also poorly placed so it is hard to determine the real distance. I will be making a warranty claim soon. c) Sometimes, the engine misses a beat when accelerating or decelerating. If I suddenly press on the gas, or if I suddenly lift my foot off the gas before the engine gets up to speed during a sharp acceleration, there is a definite racing effect where the engine sounds and feels like nothing is happening. This has not been a real issue - the SUV stll goes and stops OK. But this is typical of a lot of new engines - the 2008 MDX I test drove, as well as the 2011 Kia Sorento, both had this problem in SPADES! Very minor on the Highlander. d) Does not come with mat for the back - what??? That's crazy! My first SUV, so I did not know the dealers were so greedy. Ended up with a satisfactory aftermarket for the whole vehicle from Weathertech. e) Navigation is sometimes wiggy. Mostly it is OK - however they do not tell you how to get an update cd! The worst part is the voice navigation - tried several times with NO success. f) Garage door link will not sync with my openers. I bought the openers new a year before the Highlander purchase, so it's not like they are old! g) Snow - did OK but if more than 8 inches the factory tires SUCK. h) Personal peeve - may not affect everyone. The driver side seatbelt is hard to reach, and the buckle part tends to stick between the wall and my seat when I grab it to buckle up. i) Car is FUN to drive!!