The Highlander received a new four-cylinder base version last year. A 3.5-liter V-6 powers most trims. A gas/electric Highlander Hybrid is also offered. The hybrid is covered separately in the Cars.com Research section. Competitors to the five- or seven-seat Highlander include the Chevrolet Traverse, Honda Pilot and Mazda CX-9.
New for 2010
There are no significant changes for 2010.
The Highlander is sleeker than its predecessor and features smooth sides. It retains the upright D-pillar of the prior model, and the liftgate can have a glass section that opens independently. Trim levels include the Base, Sport and Limited.
- Standard 17-inch wheels
- Optional 19-inch wheels
- Optional fog lights
- Available power liftgate
Two rows of seats with capacity for five are standard; most trims have a third row, which increases capacity to seven. The sliding and reclining second-row captain's chairs can be configured to handle three people with Toyota's Center Stow seat, which can be removed and stored when not needed. The two-person third row folds into the floor.
- Standard power windows, remote keyless entry, cruise control, air conditioning
- Six-speaker CD stereo with MP3 jack
- Available six-CD JBL stereo
- Available power driver's seat
- Available power passenger's seat
- Available keyless access with push-button start
- Optional backup camera
- Available navigation system
- Available leather upholstery and heated seats
- Available backseat entertainment system
Under the Hood
Engine choices include a 2.7-liter four-cylinder or a 3.5-liter V-6.
- Four-cylinder makes 187 horsepower and 186 pounds-feet of torque
- V-6 produces 270 hp and 248 pounds-feet of torque
- Six-speed automatic (four-cylinder)
- Five-speed automatic (V-6)
- 3,500-pound maximum towing capacity (four-cylinder)
- 5,000-pound maximum towing capacity (V-6)
Standard safety features include:
- Dual front airbags
- Side-impact airbags for the front seats
- Side curtain airbags for all three rows
- Driver's knee airbag
- Active front head restraints
- Antilock brakes
- Traction control
- Electronic stability system
People Who Viewed this Car Also Viewed
Select up to three models to compare with the 2010 Toyota Highlander.
Asking Price Range