2011 Toyota Highlander

Available in 8 styles:  2011 Toyota Highlander 4dr AWD shown

Overall

great milage

by pam from fairfield | July 18, 2014

Kelley taylor rion is an excellent sells person and the Toyota camry we bought is fantastic gets great gas milage and is very comfortabl

After 3 years no complaints

by 3 year old from maryland | June 16, 2014

I bought my 2011 Highlander three years ago and have 45000 miles on it. Only problem I have had have been tire punctures. My complaints are minor design things. I find the steering too sensitive. I'm not looking for play but I'd like turn the steering wheel a little more for little corrections. For me it is easy to oversteer the highlander, especially after driving my other car ...a Volvo. I have long legs and my right knee is often set against the center console, which is hard and painful. The bluetooth for my cell phone is okay in the car, but the audio is scratchy for those on the other end of the call. I can configure more than one bluetooth phone, but the radio doesn't switch automatically between them. I have to manually select one or the other for use. I would also put the speedometer in the middle of the instrument panel vice to one side. I did complain at dealer service department that speedometer reads 2.5 to 3 miles per hour to high. They said it was within tolerances and would not adjust. I really dislike the inaccuracy of the speedometer and often use my GPS for speed.

Toyota Highlander 2010 (bad year for Toyota)

by Bubba from Atlanta GA | March 17, 2014

We were excited to buy our first Toyota after our Honda Pilot moved on with our daughter for college. We decided on the purchase from recommendations. What a shame. We cannot wait to sell this to someone so we can go back to buying Hondas. Maybe just a bad year for Toyota but we are never going to buy a Toyota again. I would put this vehicle on the same quality level as Dodge and GM.

falling apart!

by TOYO from New york | February 15, 2014

I own this car since 2011. Already the interor started to falling apart. The sun visors are always drooping. Problems with steering......I need to get rid of this one

Steering failure twice in 6 months

by No longer a Toyota fan from Pittsburg, PA | February 2, 2014

Avoid this car at all cost! We have owned this vehicle for 6 months and have only 4,000 miles on it. Yesterday the steering locked up on us again while driving 45 mph. This is the second time since we bought it. This is due to the computer controls attached to the steering. This car is poorly engineered and extremely unsafe. Toyota just is not what it used to be!

Major Electrical Issues

by Family Guy from Hampton, VA | May 10, 2012

We have owned a Highlander for about a year. This is a comfortable car to drive and travel in with the family. That being said, we wish we never bought this vehicle. There are way too many electronically controlled systems that fail. This vehicle has electric steering and it has gone out several times while driving. It also has electronic brake distribution and it has failed. We also have had the car just not start periodically for no reason. These systems are controlled by the computer and have put our family in extremely unsafe situations. We now own a vehicle that we are afraid to drive!

Nothing Better

by Bigdog from Des Moines, Ia | February 7, 2012

I have owned four toyotas. I currently have a 2004 tundra. The highlander limited I purchased in april 2010. It is a GREAT vehicle. I do my own oil changes, and the two I own are very consumer friendly. Will never buy anything other than toyotas. Great resale value.

Best of Breed

by Jersey Boy from New Jersey | December 28, 2011

I have been looking for a midsize suv for my wife for the past 4 months .I did an extensive research specifically we ultimately settled with Highlander after test driving about 6 other brands. We love the ride, looks and space. Got the crimson red with black leather in the SE version.

Good car

by Mohan from Dallas, TX | December 28, 2011

The only thing I see is lacking is sluggish acceleration. Looks like there is some delay in accl. after you pedal gas. Good car for the price!

Best Mid Size SUV

by cloonkeen from New York | December 18, 2011

After months and months of research we finally bite the bullet and bought a se v6 model. great vehicle. we are very happy with it. Also own a 2001 sienna that have never given us a lick of trouble since we bought it new so it was hard to change to another brand..