2012 Toyota Highlander

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Not the Toyota of Old

by Million mile driver from Midwest | July 5, 2014

I have driven over 1 million miles. I have owned many vehicles. I must say most have been a disappointment including this 2012 Higlander. I owned a 2009 Highlander and it was the best vehicle I owned. But, this 2012 is completely different. The cabin is far from quiet. The seats are stiff and not well bolster. If you have long legs, the driver seat does not bolster the leg well. The electric steering motor in the steering wheel makes noise if you turn the wheel fast. The plastic under the car makes noise if at the right speed and right wind direction. Overall, not toyota quality more like US quality. Might be because they are now made in the US.

2012

by TOYOTA HIGHLANDER from ca, upland | July 30, 2013

i don't have the car MAP CD FOR GPS BUT EVERTHING IS WORKING GOOD THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST CAR I LIKE

Very Happy Owner

by Toyota Guy from Long Island | February 21, 2013

I have owned our 2012 Highlander for 12 months now. Very roomy and spacious especially the second row seats. Loads of power, handles great, very quite and just a great all round vehicle.

Good SUV

by Punjab puttar from Denver, CO | February 3, 2013

Very comfortable - I like that heavyish comfortable drive and this SUV provides me that. I like everything with the styling - I don't think there is anything I would change. The only complaint is that the tires - Toyo tires - though super quite and nice, aren't easily replacable - you don't get them easily. Also, these are extremely expensive + somehow attract all the nails in the zone where it is not reparable :) I am not sure if anyone else faced same issue. This SUV is a very reliable - very comfortable - powerful vehicle. I have travelled from Denver to Yellowstone and back, Denver to Vegas and back, fully loaded i.e. with me and my wife, our 2 kids and my parents. Packed and it performed. Pulled easily through the hills - negotiated the curves and was easy in vegas streets and did a bit of off-roading in yellowstone - ALL GOOD

best decision we've made in a long time

by ready to shed the mini van from | December 10, 2012

We decided to trade the mini van in and went with the Toyota Highlander. Very happy with our decision.

Switched forever to Toyota from Honda!

by Hi on Hylander >SusanStar! from Palatine, IL | October 18, 2012

Not that our our Odyssey had not performed for us but it was time for a new auto ... we researched for 2-3 months and drove several brands/models. This is our 'go to auto' & makes several year-around road trips from IL to MN so comfort & reliability are key for us. Since it's my auto ... my wish list was very long! Toyota fit the bill & made a spectacular deal with us ... plus we drove it right off the show floor! We get great great mileage, it this SUV is extremely comfortable (with heated leather seats) & has a great ride - even in the back seats! The navigation system & stereo have solid sounds plus they are easy to learn & operate. The back area is a bit smaller than we are accustom but we are getting use to the change - it's just fine! We didn't prefer the newer styles of some of the other brands we drove and Highlander offered many standard upgrades that other vehicles did not include for the price. For the price of a new auto -- we wanted to get the most for our money and we were delighted when we drove away with the best deal! We will be switching my husband's car next & we will be driving right down the street to the Toyota dealer for our next great new car deal!

Great car for living in the mountains

by TZ from Mountains of North Georgia | October 17, 2012

We have been passionate RAV 4 owners since the revised RAV4 came out in 2006. We loved it and were sold on the Toyota brand. We wanted to stay with the RAV 4 but decided to go with a little bigger version this time. We love it!

The best car I've owned

by Perky from Talladega, Al. | October 6, 2012

I had owned a couple of Buick Park Avenues (2000 & 2003) and completely enjoyed the ride. When I went to replace it one of the things I looked for was the comfort of the ride. The Highlander rides and handles as good or better than my Buick. I've only put a little over 2000 miles on it, but I've enjoyed each mile. I'm getting an average of about 23 mpg, mostly highway miles. As you can tell I'm very pleased with the Highlander. I will say that not all dealerships are the same and you need to check out more than one.

Best SUV Yet

by Ivo from st.john,in | October 2, 2012

I traded in 2011 Toyota Sienna XLE for a 2012 Highlander SE and it is great! This vehicle have great styling room for all of use and our gear, however, the third row seat is a bit tight when being used there is no rear trunk space. Overall great ride, performance, and syling hope it lasts a long time.

beautiful car nice ride

by Mike from Lowell,MA | September 25, 2012

very comfortable more of a car ride than a truck acceleration leaves a little to be disired transmission shifting also need to be tweeked a little bit all in all very nice!