2013 Toyota Highlander

See Photos & Videos

Overall

reliable, powerful, smooth

by new toyota fan from oregon | May 28, 2014

I purchased a V6 AWD base model. here are my impressions after driving 32,000 miles in 15 months: it never needed any repairs, nothing malfunctioned. it is powerful, smooth, with an average of 19 mpg city and 23 hwy. it handles well highways as well as moderate-difficulty off road trails. it even did ok on more difficult ones, excellent traction and power, but the 8''ground clearance was barely enough. If you go off road more than occasionally, you should consider buying the 4 runner. very few features are less than perfect: driving uphill on cruise control the engine jumps from 2000 to 4000 rpm while it drops at about 2500rpm if you turn it off, and it accelerates 3-5mph uphill. for trips longer than 4-5 hours the base model seats need more lumbar support, otherwise you will have horrible back pain. I purchased a lower back cushion on amazon but I suggest you choose the upgraded seats from the beginning if you plan driving it a lot. the rearview camera is an useful option for parking downtown. I had it installed a few months later at the dealer for 350$. I also installed aftermarket roof rails with cross bars and a towing hitch for my bicycle rack. they do the job well and cost half than original toyota parts. loaded with two 15-foot kayaks and 3 bicycles you barely see any change in handling or gas consumption. this is one strong good-for-all vehicle, very reasonable on gas and maintenance.

Love riding in comfort

by Family First from Hayward, CA | May 10, 2014

I bought a 2013 Highlander right before having my first child. It was the best choice I could have ever made. This vehicle is so reliable and comfortable to drive. It is definitely a family car! The associate Cesar Alvarez that helped me knew just what to suggest when I asked for a family and comfort car.

Very dependable and no problems.

by old timer from Iowa | April 26, 2014

Third Highlander I have owned and this last one has a better ride and handling than the previous two.

Love the way it fits me not to low or not to high

by dog lover from | April 5, 2014

It was considered used but only had 1,000.00 mile on it and it was a limited I just wished I understood more of the toys in it but then i have only had it for 2 weeks

Fit needs

by Love road trips from California | March 24, 2014

Our new highlander has meant every expat action. We get good gas milage in town and highway. It is so quite inside and a very comfortable ride. Will keep this car many years

Saved our lives

by Highlander for life from Minnesota | January 29, 2014

We purchased a 2013 Highlander and after 3 months of ownership we were involved in a head-on crash at 60 miles per hour. The safety features in the Highlander saved our lives. Although we have injuries (neck and back pain, fractured Sternum), I believe that the if we were in a different vehicle our injuries would have been life threatening. We were so pleased that we replaced our wrecked Highlander with another 2013 Highlander.

Best features and room for the price

by Eric from Galveston, TX | January 10, 2014

I moved to a Highlander from a higher end Lexus and found that the features were comparable (highlander was the limited edition). However, the price was half and the gas mileage double! The car is comfortable, has features that most of us really want and need (good sounding stereo, navigation, Bluetooth connectivity, heated seats). The car handles well but some increased road noise is evident as compared to my previous Lexus. The third row back seats are mostly an illusion, but work well for occasional use for kids (which is why I have them). Great vehicle.

Beautiful color, smooth ride

by SUV Lover from Gloucest | November 19, 2013

I've owned a Toyota Highlander since 2003 and loved it. I love this 2013 Highlander even more. It has more cup holders, a better radio (enjoying SiriusXM Satellite channels), back-up camera, individual temperature control in front seats, heat/A/C controls in back seat, & built-in garage door opener. I love the color & the comfort of this car, including the heated leather front seats. One of these days, I'll learn how to operate all the computer features!

Excellent Customer Service

by Lucy from Yonkers N.Y | October 29, 2013

Thank you so much for everything Westchester Toyota. Your staff made me feel so welcomed. I will definitely recommend the sales person Mr. Francisco Romero because he took his time to explain every detail on the Toyota Highlander 2013. I will definitely continue to do business with you. This is my first Toyota vehicle and so far so good and I am very happy with my purchased. Thank you so much. Lucy

Love This Auto

by Highlander Fan from Florida | September 29, 2013

1. Very comfortable ride 2. Excellent in traffic and on the road 3. Roomy with excellent interior design 4. Surrounded by protective airbags 5. Good view of outside surroundings 6. Excellent for a family of five or six 7. Hope future will bring more fuel efficiency