2014 Toyota Highlander

Starting MSRP

Overall

2014 Highlander XLT AWD

by Softball Dad from Kansas City, MO | September 19, 2014

Have had the car for 6 weeks now. Overall its been working out well and I like most things about it including the ride / way it drives and very little road noise (traded 2011 Lexus ES350 for this and honestly I think the Highlander is quieter on the highway than the Lexus). We got the 60/40 middle row which functions well and have tall grown kids that we can comfortably fit all 3 with leg room and overall comfort. The back up camera works well and the layout of most things is very good. The 3rd row is dysfunctional but we bought the vehicle for the rear storage not the 3rd row seats. The auto lift gate works well but is a bit slow. The center console is too big (wife likes it to hide her purse but its honestly too big - it needs a 3-tier shelving unit inside). Other thing I have noticed on longer trips is for me (6 foot 5 tall) the drivers seat is not real comfortable and I struggle to find comfortable places to rest my arms and hold the wheel and even to stretch my legs out. Finally my average highway fuel mileage is 21, a bit away from the 24 average advertised for highway. I have been able to hit 24 on totally flat roads going 65 MPH but you speed up at all or introduce hills at all and it seems to be 21 MPG highway average. Oh yeah, when my wife drives it in the city the MPG is about 10 - if you put your foot into this thing at all it sucks the gas pretty easily.

Not a good suv

by eagle from Texas | September 6, 2014

I replaced all four tires after only 20k miles. All tires are not worn evenly. Every things else are ok. But It runs not smooth like ford explorer . My sister and friend have the same issue with Tacoma and Lexus RX. Never buy another Toyota

Best car I've owned thus far

by New Toyota Owner from Wood Dale, IL | September 4, 2014

I've had this car for almost 2 months and have been on a couple trips to Wisconsin, by far the best car i have ever owned, it's smooth, has great performance for a vehicle this size, good quality vehicle. I couldn't be any more happier, good job Toyota!

Almost everything else is absolutely great.

by Tom from CA | August 31, 2014

Me and my wife we like good deals so first we tested outgoing model 2013 first. After testing a new model 2014 ours decision was easy. New model was worthy extra dollars, no questions ask. Limited trim become a better deal for us then Lexus RX. The only think to be a 100% satisfied is lock of front parking sensors. We enjoy front parking sensors in our Lexus LS. We use it every day when parking in garage full of staff. Highlander however does not offer this in any trim level. Plus front bumper is designed the way, which is not extended beyond body of the rest of the car. So, if you hit something accidently not only your front bumper will need replacement but the rest of hood as well.

Great Car

by Lee Lee from Dallas, GA | August 28, 2014

Worth every cent. This is my first time owning a new car and it is just safe and luxurious. I got the limited and there are special features such as heated/cooling seats, blind spot monitoring, parking assistance, etc. I would pick this car over a Lexus any day.

Roof racked fixed at 27 inches apart

by Highlander owner twice from California | August 25, 2014

The roof rack is fixed 27 inches apart so anything has to rest on racks that are 27 inches apart. I cannot find any after market racks where I can get spacing greater than 27 inches. Yakima makes Q-clips for their Q-towers but the Highlander roof rails prevent the installation of the Q-towers with Yakima Q-clips. Would you carry bikes, surfboards, kayaks, canoes, etc on roof racks that are only 27 inches apart? Would it be safe? Toyota told me they researched the rack design by surveying people. I was also told who uses the roof rack anyway? LOL.

best car on the road

by toyta fan from newton nj | August 20, 2014

I recently went to toyota world of newton to look at some toyotas. my experience there was great. i had the pleasure of dealing with calvin. He was very knowedgable about the toyota product. He aswered all my questions and was very considerate about my lack of time i had to spend at the dealer. i definatly will be back to see him.

Fantastic vehicle!!

by JoJo from Woodbridge, VA | August 20, 2014

We purchased the 2014 Highlander XLE a month ago and I have to say it is an amazing vehicle. I am surprised to hear someone felt they were slipping in the seat because I am 5'3 and have never had an issue! I actually think the seats are so comfortable I could sleep in them! Everything about the interior feels high end and classy. Toyota did a great job with this vehicle. Great pick up and an overall solid SUV. The leg room in phenomenal and even though I wouldn't put an adult in the third row seats for long, a teenager can sit there all day with no issues. The second row is cavernous and there is plenty of hip and leg room in the drivers seat to accommodate me at 5'3 and my hubby at 6'3. :) My one caveat is that I wish it got better MPG. I get around 21.5mpg combined which, although isn't horrible for a vehicle this big it still was stick shock at the pump. We own a Prius as well so that prob doesn't help!!! :D Very happy with our purchase and I would recommend to everyone!

Highlander XLE AWD Shoreline Blue Pearl w/Ash

by Lookin'Good Toyota from Concord, CA | August 16, 2014

I have used the internet in prior vehicle research & pricing, however, when it came to contacting the Dealers to find my car & their bottomline price...it was frustrating!! They want you to come in & play their money game. There were a few Dealers that were honest & definitely trying to use their Best Customer Services. Concord Toyota Won!! Concord Toyota gave us a good deal for our Highlander XLE AWD and our trade which was our last car we purchased from Toyota in 2001. Great vehicles!! But there we also like Toyota of Vallejo and Vacaville Toyota. We knew exactly what vehicle and color combo which was difficult to find but we did after two months.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

The Car That Could Have Been

by Former Auto lease/Sales consultant from Westchester County, NY | August 12, 2014

None of the three Toyota dealers I contacted would provide me with the information I requested about a lease. I asked very specific questions and got very frustrated when all I got was a run around and invitations to go to the dealership to "discuss ". I have negotiated my last 5 car leases on-line. No being able to do this with the 3 Toyota dealers, I leased a Jeep instead.