2014 Toyota Highlander Hybrid

27 city / 28 hwy

Overall

Roof racked fixed at 27 inches apart

by Highlander owner twice from California | August 25, 2014

The roof rack is fixed 27 inches apart so anything has to rest on racks that are 27 inches apart. I cannot find any after market racks where I can get spacing greater than 27 inches. Yakima makes Q-clips for their Q-towers but the Highlander roof rails prevent the installation of the Q-towers with Yakima Q-clips. Would you carry bikes, surfboards, kayaks, canoes, etc on roof racks that are only 27 inches apart? Would it be safe? Toyota told me they researched the rack design by surveying people. I was also told who uses the roof rack anyway? LOL.

best car on the road

by toyta fan from newton nj | August 20, 2014

I recently went to toyota world of newton to look at some toyotas. my experience there was great. i had the pleasure of dealing with calvin. He was very knowedgable about the toyota product. He aswered all my questions and was very considerate about my lack of time i had to spend at the dealer. i definatly will be back to see him.

Fantastic vehicle!!

by JoJo from Woodbridge, VA | August 20, 2014

We purchased the 2014 Highlander XLE a month ago and I have to say it is an amazing vehicle. I am surprised to hear someone felt they were slipping in the seat because I am 5'3 and have never had an issue! I actually think the seats are so comfortable I could sleep in them! Everything about the interior feels high end and classy. Toyota did a great job with this vehicle. Great pick up and an overall solid SUV. The leg room in phenomenal and even though I wouldn't put an adult in the third row seats for long, a teenager can sit there all day with no issues. The second row is cavernous and there is plenty of hip and leg room in the drivers seat to accommodate me at 5'3 and my hubby at 6'3. :) My one caveat is that I wish it got better MPG. I get around 21.5mpg combined which, although isn't horrible for a vehicle this big it still was stick shock at the pump. We own a Prius as well so that prob doesn't help!!! :D Very happy with our purchase and I would recommend to everyone!

Highlander XLE AWD Shoreline Blue Pearl w/Ash

by Lookin'Good Toyota from Concord, CA | August 16, 2014

I have used the internet in prior vehicle research & pricing, however, when it came to contacting the Dealers to find my car & their bottomline price...it was frustrating!! They want you to come in & play their money game. There were a few Dealers that were honest & definitely trying to use their Best Customer Services. Concord Toyota Won!! Concord Toyota gave us a good deal for our Highlander XLE AWD and our trade which was our last car we purchased from Toyota in 2001. Great vehicles!! But there we also like Toyota of Vallejo and Vacaville Toyota. We knew exactly what vehicle and color combo which was difficult to find but we did after two months.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

The Car That Could Have Been

by Former Auto lease/Sales consultant from Westchester County, NY | August 12, 2014

None of the three Toyota dealers I contacted would provide me with the information I requested about a lease. I asked very specific questions and got very frustrated when all I got was a run around and invitations to go to the dealership to "discuss ". I have negotiated my last 5 car leases on-line. No being able to do this with the 3 Toyota dealers, I leased a Jeep instead.

Great car with the worst car seat ever

by Alex from Bellevue, WA | August 12, 2014

2014 Highlander Limited is absolutely amazing except for one thing - I can't comfortably drive it. This car has enormously big seats, probably designed to satisfy 300lb+ people. But for me (5' 8" height, 150 lb) this seat is a torture. It can't hold me in turns - I just slide from side to side. One of the adjustments allows to change the length of the seat, but even in shortest position it is still too long for me. I have spent more than a month trying to setup the seat with no result. Now I have constant pain in legs and back.

Nice Comfort

by William from Minneapolis, MN | July 26, 2014

Very comfortable on long trips; good power in the mountains; adequate gas mileage for large SUV; adequate visibility

We love this car!

by Cross country traveler from Ohio | July 10, 2014

We already have a 2003 highlander which we love. We needed a new car for a 5000 mile plus cross country trip that we were planning. We tried to find a certified used later modal Highlander but were not successful as they sell out so fast. For grins we test drove a 2012 lexus GX-460 but it had no acceleration getting on the Interstate even though it was a V-8! So then we test drove the 2014 model Highlander and loved it, especially it's zippyness when merging into traffic on freeways and interstates. It took us a while to find one in the color scheme we wanted (these cars are selling like crazy!). We finally did and we have currently logged over 3700 miles and it's performing beautifully. Our only problem thus far is with the navigation system - it is NOT intuitive. Maybe by to he end of the trip we will have figured it out. Good thing we brought our hand held GPS because it saved us from getting lost a couple of times.

To the Extreme

by Pap's Toy from New Freedom, Pa. | June 23, 2014

So far I Love my Highlander Limited. It is one if the most comfortable Automobiles that I have driven in the past 20 years or so. It's like a Big easy chair on wheels. The Staff at the Toyota York Auto Group were very accommodating. Not Pushy or insistent, just helpful and straightforward. The Highlander really Sells itself. Remember the old TV Commercials with the Guy Jumping in the air and saying O What A Feeling.Well he was spot on. Thanks York Auto Group.

Comfortability and Safety

by Chuchi from Antioch, CA | June 18, 2014

This vehicle has all the interest points which are what I need in a vehicle that is going to transport me and my four legged family in a safe and comfortable way. As far as mileage is concerned, I am sure it gets good milaeage from a full tank. On my test drive, starting the engine was an efficient manner and when it was time to stop, it did very gently. This SUV vehicle is the best vehicle I could safely say I would be a proud owner of. That is if I could afford it. On my retirement pension I couldn't. Therefore, I have to admire it from a distance and perhaps someday if I win the lotto, I could purchase a couple of Toyota vehicles as Toyota is a brand of car that lasts for a very long time. I should know. Presently, I own a 1987 Toyota SR5 and although old and worn out, its as strong as the day of its inception. So, there you have it. you got a great review of a vehicle I don't own but my experience with Toyotas' is unsurpassed. I hope that anyone who reads this review, feels as strongly as I do about all of Toyotas' vehicles and what they have to offer to the consumer.