2015 Toyota Highlander

Starting MSRP

Overall

Love my Highlander!

by Gia from Allentown,PA | April 25, 2015

When my 2003 Highlander got hit by a truck, we were all safe inside. Unfortunately my SUV was totaled:( So we looked at other SUVs, the Acura MDX specifically, and we could not believe the price for a pre-owned vehicle! The next stop was the Toyota dealership, where we saw this beautiful brand new 2015 Highlander..drives like a dream, although its bigger than what Im used to. The XLE has all the trims and comfort and luxuries of the MDX without the steeper price. The engine is really quiet and the technology is similiar to Lexus. Im very happy with my new Highlander!

Love the Highlander

by SUV dude from Salt Lake City, Utah | April 16, 2015

Just bought a new 2015 Toyota Highlander. Only other new car we've ever bought was in 1979. Said I would not buy new. We saved our nickels and dimes and looked at used Toyota Highlanders only to find that they held their value VERY WELL. So we bought new.

Outstanding vehicle

by New Toyota fan from Wiscosin | April 1, 2015

I have owned many vehicles and without a doubt this is the most comfortable vehicle I have ever driven. This vehicle looks like a high end luxury car on the inside and drives like one too! This is obviously a well made vehicle. I have nothing but great things to say about this vehicle. If you are thinking of getting one just test drive it and you'll see what I mean about comfort and how it drives smooth like a car.

Nice enough but only if you're 5'9" or less.

by James from Jupiter, FL | March 22, 2015

Reliable. Reasonably roomy. Mileage is decent. Nice, full-sized back up camera. Rear gate lift is terribly designed and cannot be closed manually, doesn't always close when the button is pressed and takes far too long to close. In some neighborhoods, this could be a safety issue as you have enough time to bake a cake while this thing closes. Toyotas, generally speaking and specific to this 2015 Highlander and the 2012 Sienna we owned prior, simply are not made for bigger people. I am not overwhelmingly tall at 6'1" but, even with the seat lowered all the way, I have to duck my head beyond comfort to get in and find myself staring at the visor if I don't recline the drivers seat to an uncomfortable degree. Compare this to my 2008 Honda Element (which I will keep for as long as I can) and the little Honda (cost 1/2 the price of the Highlander) is by far the more comfortable of the two (a long, long time ago, in college, I owned a Honda CRX and fit just fine in that). Not to mention that the Honda is more useful, easier to drive and easier to maintain. Additionally, the Highlander's side to side leg space (length seems ample), is barely adequate. I am not a wide bodied person so that is not the issue. The seats themselves seem comfortable at first with good, thick padding but, for me, the "comfort points" are all in the wrong places, forcing my back and neck into pretzelated contortions (I have adjusted the seat nine ways to Sunday and nothing helps). I call the "chiropractor seating" because that's who I have to see if I have to drive this vehicle for more than an hour. Lastly, the center display is awful. Especially when trying to find out anything useful. It will tell you when some sort of maintenance needs to be done but acts like it is an emergency... An hour and three manuals later, you are able to determine that it's telling you that an oil change is due in three thousand miles. So, this vehicle is not for bigger/taller people or those who actually like to be able to close their rear lift gate manually. Otherwise, it is adequate. For my 5'2" wife. I wouldn't spend the money on another one though.

Still driving our 2010 Highlander, Ltd.

by Still runnin! from Muscatine, IA | March 15, 2015

Beautiful, reliable and safe in all conditions. It's a Lexus frame, engine, amenities and fun to drive! Bought it used in 2008. Will buy another one but not now, it runs great! You can't go wrong with a Toyota or a Honda; we own both!

Very reliable car.

by Avid Hunter from Palmyra, Pa. | March 14, 2015

I love my 2015 Toyota Highlander. The ride and the performance are great. I also love the look of my highlander. Love the features of it. The push button start, the great looking interior and exterior, and the reliability of the Toyota Highlander are some of the reasons why I purchased the vehicle. I also think the Toyota dealership was great to work with.

Rewarded for Research

by Meticulous from Kansas City, MO | March 5, 2015

Purchased a 2015 Toyota Highlander Limited AWD. I've only owned it for a week thus far. Zero buyers remorse even after paying for the Limited Package. Over the course of the last 2 months I've researched and test drove each vehicle in the segment. After deciding on the Highlander. It replaced our Honda Pilot, and I have to say each one of us loves the new car for different reasons based on where we are sitting. From daycare to the grocery store, and from work to soccer practice, we find little things that make life easier for each of us. Toyota really did its homework in regards to how familys "on the go" use their vehicle. The children like the captians chairs allowing them to pass in and out from the back much easier than before. They feel less cramped, which I hope mitigates the car ride battles. They actually like sitting in the thrid row now, where before they felt seperated. My wife loves the long horizontal shelf on the bottom of the dash. She can toss her phone, work badge, and extras there w/o cluttering the cup holders and middle console. I like tts driving manners which are responsive for a vehicle of this size. Being a gadget head I love the tech which is far and away best in class. Throw in the small details of a rear glass opening for quick toss and go, and built in sunshades for the kids; wow. Its a pure win so far. Save yourself the hours of research and buy one. Use that valuble time on negotiating the price.

Bad wiring

by SUV driver from AZ | February 27, 2015

We bought a Highlander Limited brand new just last year. The back lift gate started getting stuck, and the dealer said it was just a sensor issue. No problem. Just last week, it didn't start at all. I had to jump start and drop it off at the dealer. They looked at it and said I must have left the map light on, which I was sure wasn't true. Only 2 days later, the car didn't start. I'm curious to see what they are going to say again this time.

Best car owned

by Grey Mare from North Las Vegas, NV | February 24, 2015

This is the second Highlander I have owned and really enjoy driving it for comfort and feel very safe driving it. The only reason I bought a new one is my kids needed a car and I gave them mine so they would be safe driving it because their car was very old.

Beautiful and Reliable!

by 2015 Highlander newby from Kingsport,TN | February 9, 2015

I purchased a 2015 toyota highlander XLE in November and I absolutely love it! You will not be disappointed with this purchase! It is very roomie and stylish !