2015 Toyota Highlander

2015 Toyota Highlander
Available in 11 styles:  2015 Toyota Highlander 4dr FWD shown
Starting MSRP

Overall

Nice enough but only if you're 5'9" or less.

by James from Jupiter, FL | March 22, 2015

Reliable. Reasonably roomy. Mileage is decent. Nice, full-sized back up camera. Rear gate lift is terribly designed and cannot be closed manually, doesn't always close when the button is pressed and takes far too long to close. In some neighborhoods, this could be a safety issue as you have enough time to bake a cake while this thing closes. Toyotas, generally speaking and specific to this 2015 Highlander and the 2012 Sienna we owned prior, simply are not made for bigger people. I am not overwhelmingly tall at 6'1" but, even with the seat lowered all the way, I have to duck my head beyond comfort to get in and find myself staring at the visor if I don't recline the drivers seat to an uncomfortable degree. Compare this to my 2008 Honda Element (which I will keep for as long as I can) and the little Honda (cost 1/2 the price of the Highlander) is by far the more comfortable of the two (a long, long time ago, in college, I owned a Honda CRX and fit just fine in that). Not to mention that the Honda is more useful, easier to drive and easier to maintain. Additionally, the Highlander's side to side leg space (length seems ample), is barely adequate. I am not a wide bodied person so that is not the issue. The seats themselves seem comfortable at first with good, thick padding but, for me, the "comfort points" are all in the wrong places, forcing my back and neck into pretzelated contortions (I have adjusted the seat nine ways to Sunday and nothing helps). I call the "chiropractor seating" because that's who I have to see if I have to drive this vehicle for more than an hour. Lastly, the center display is awful. Especially when trying to find out anything useful. It will tell you when some sort of maintenance needs to be done but acts like it is an emergency... An hour and three manuals later, you are able to determine that it's telling you that an oil change is due in three thousand miles. So, this vehicle is not for bigger/taller people or those who actually like to be able to close their rear lift gate manually. Otherwise, it is adequate. For my 5'2" wife. I wouldn't spend the money on another one though.

Still driving our 2010 Highlander, Ltd.

by Still runnin! from Muscatine, IA | March 15, 2015

Beautiful, reliable and safe in all conditions. It's a Lexus frame, engine, amenities and fun to drive! Bought it used in 2008. Will buy another one but not now, it runs great! You can't go wrong with a Toyota or a Honda; we own both!

Very reliable car.

by Avid Hunter from Palmyra, Pa. | March 14, 2015

I love my 2015 Toyota Highlander. The ride and the performance are great. I also love the look of my highlander. Love the features of it. The push button start, the great looking interior and exterior, and the reliability of the Toyota Highlander are some of the reasons why I purchased the vehicle. I also think the Toyota dealership was great to work with.

Rewarded for Research

by Meticulous from Kansas City, MO | March 5, 2015

Purchased a 2015 Toyota Highlander Limited AWD. I've only owned it for a week thus far. Zero buyers remorse even after paying for the Limited Package. Over the course of the last 2 months I've researched and test drove each vehicle in the segment. After deciding on the Highlander. It replaced our Honda Pilot, and I have to say each one of us loves the new car for different reasons based on where we are sitting. From daycare to the grocery store, and from work to soccer practice, we find little things that make life easier for each of us. Toyota really did its homework in regards to how familys "on the go" use their vehicle. The children like the captians chairs allowing them to pass in and out from the back much easier than before. They feel less cramped, which I hope mitigates the car ride battles. They actually like sitting in the thrid row now, where before they felt seperated. My wife loves the long horizontal shelf on the bottom of the dash. She can toss her phone, work badge, and extras there w/o cluttering the cup holders and middle console. I like tts driving manners which are responsive for a vehicle of this size. Being a gadget head I love the tech which is far and away best in class. Throw in the small details of a rear glass opening for quick toss and go, and built in sunshades for the kids; wow. Its a pure win so far. Save yourself the hours of research and buy one. Use that valuble time on negotiating the price.

Bad wiring

by SUV driver from AZ | February 27, 2015

We bought a Highlander Limited brand new just last year. The back lift gate started getting stuck, and the dealer said it was just a sensor issue. No problem. Just last week, it didn't start at all. I had to jump start and drop it off at the dealer. They looked at it and said I must have left the map light on, which I was sure wasn't true. Only 2 days later, the car didn't start. I'm curious to see what they are going to say again this time.

Best car owned

by Grey Mare from North Las Vegas, NV | February 24, 2015

This is the second Highlander I have owned and really enjoy driving it for comfort and feel very safe driving it. The only reason I bought a new one is my kids needed a car and I gave them mine so they would be safe driving it because their car was very old.

Beautiful and Reliable!

by 2015 Highlander newby from Kingsport,TN | February 9, 2015

I purchased a 2015 toyota highlander XLE in November and I absolutely love it! You will not be disappointed with this purchase! It is very roomie and stylish !

Comfortable with design flaws

by Al Sophila from Santa Rosa CA | February 4, 2015

Our RAV 4 was in the body shop for two months and we had a new 2015 Highlander LE to drive. Very comfortable interior and ride. However huge blind spots with the position of the front posts. Impossible to merge safely or make a left or right turn into a marked space or lane without craning around the posts. The rear deck is really high. This model still has drum brakes on the rear wheels. Mushy feel. And one problem throughout the Toyota line is that screen is not shielded against reflection. Otherwise a comfortable and quiet ride.

Tire Pressure Warning

by JR from Republic, MO | January 7, 2015

Our 2015 Highlander is very roomy and accommodates my wife and I plus our 4 grandkids very well. One complaint I have is with the Tire Pressure Warning. The warning light comes on when (according to the dealer) when all tires including the spare tire reaches 3.8 psi low. Last Sunday the vehicle set out in 27 degree tempurature for 1 1/2 hour and it came on when I got into the vehicle ( it wasn't on prior). I filled them up-2 were at 33.5 and 2 at 34 psi recommended pressure is 35psi. I have relied on this system thinking it was not low low and have ruined 1 tire. Have contacted Toyota and they told me no adjustment to the low setting can be made.

Yilma

by yilma from Bronx | January 4, 2015

Excellent Customer Service, Robin Vasquez and Orestes Dagos where excellent with our family. In Fordham Toyota customer satisfaction is a priority and they show that by taking care their customer in an excellent manner when you visit their location. I recommend this place to everyone that is looking for an honest and good place to make business by buying a vehicle.